Found Deceased LA - Shamia Little, 17, Shreveport, 07 July 2021 *endangered*

SPD investigating Shamia Little's death as homicide

July 13, updated

Video at link

It has been confirmed that the body found yesterday is that of 17 year old Shamia Little.

Her death has been ruled as a homicide. LE say there are no suspects named at this time, but the investigation is ongoing.

LSP and other officials were back at the park today combing for more evidence.

Have they said whether the friend she was with (or the kidnapper) had access to a vehicle? Because it seems like that would be hard to cross an interstate with either a hostage or a body.
It seemed like her friend was on foot, and he ran to an officer for help. I think he may have been telling the truth about the armed man. :(

Please share any other reasons why you feel her friend was being truthful (if any). I am leaning the other way on this one. A couple of things that I would like to know is where Shamia's residence was located, and its distance to/from the park, as well as where her friend was residing at the time and its location. I pray that her mother is able to gain some measure of relief to her heartache, and a full serving of justice for her daughter. I also pray that if I'm wrong in my belief of what transpired, that these strong and accusatory feelings I have be taken from me. IMO

Please share any other reasons why you feel her friend was being truthful (if any). I am leaning the other way on this one. A couple of things that I would like to know is where Shamia's residence was located, and its distance to/from the park, as well as where her friend was residing at the time and its location. I pray that her mother is able to gain some measure of relief to her heartache, and a full serving of justice for her daughter. I also pray that if I'm wrong in my belief of what transpired, that these strong and accusatory feelings I have be taken from me. IMO
I guess it depends upon the timeline. How long were they at the park before the friend ran and found the cop?

Because if he was the perp, it would take quite awhile for him to get her to that other location, and then return and begin running to look for 'help.' He would have needed a vehicle and/or some help--and the timeline will be the key, I believe.

But I hear what you are saying. It is pretty sketchy, what he is trying to sell. Pretty obvious excuse if he was the one who actually harmed her. If her body had been found right there in the park, I'd be looking at the friend as the most likely perp.

But I do know that crazy RSO's do jump young couples at gunpoint , just to take the girls with them. It happens way too much.

Another possibility is that they never went to the park at all. Maybe the friend was with her at that crime scene house, and he made up the park as a deflection?

The more I think about it, the more likely this^^^ last scenario feels.

I guess it depends upon the timeline. How long were they at the park before the friend ran and found the cop?

Because if he was the perp, it would take quite awhile for him to get her to that other location, and then return and begin running to look for 'help.' He would have needed a vehicle and/or some help--and the timeline will be the key, I believe.

But I hear what you are saying. It is pretty sketchy, what he is trying to sell. Pretty obvious excuse if he was the one who actually harmed her. If her body had been found right there in the park, I'd be looking at the friend as the most likely perp.

But I do know that crazy RSO's do jump young couples at gunpoint , just to take the girls with them. It happens way too much.

Another possibility is that they never went to the park at all. Maybe the friend was with her at that crime scene house, and he made up the park as a deflection?

The more I think about it, the more likely this^^^ last scenario feels.
He had to be at the park at some point. Isnt that where they found his shoes?

Have they said whether the friend she was with (or the kidnapper) had access to a vehicle? Because it seems like that would be hard to cross an interstate with either a hostage or a body.

No, they haven't. I looked at exactly what time it would take for someone to get to where the body was found from where Shamia went missing via different modes of transport.
It's unlikely that the killer would've walked to Curtis Lane, it would roughly take somewhere around 23 minutes. That 23 minutes would take even more when carrying a body. So it's likely that he had access to a vehicle. With that, it would only take somewhere around 3 minutes.

Have they said where she was killed? If i'm not wrong, some blood droplets were found at Doug Williams Park, I assume the blood is of Shamia. So am I to assume that she was murdered or at least injured there?
Female’s body found in field in Shreveport

Authorities also have told KSLA News 12 that they are investigating new forensic evidence — blood droplets — found in Doug Williams Park. Their source has not yet been determined, authorities said.

Have they said where she was killed? If i'm not wrong, some blood droplets were found at Doug Williams Park, I assume the blood is of Shamia. So am I to assume that she was murdered or at least injured there?
She might have been injured there during the 'abduction' ---whether it was by her friend or by the armed perp

The shoes make it seem like the teen ran out of them when fleeing the gunman---but maybe he just staged that?

Body found in W. Shreveport identified as missing teen Shamia Little | KLFY

Investigators were still out at the scene Tuesday afternoon, gathering evidence and using K9s to search for more clues as to what happened to Shamia Little and who is responsible.

Police have not said whether a murder weapon has been recovered, but confirmed that evidence has been found at the scene that suggests how she died.

With the discovery of the body and evidence, police believe they are closing in on solving the case.

She might have been injured there during the 'abduction' ---whether it was by her friend or by the armed perp

The shoes make it seem like the teen ran out of them when fleeing the gunman---but maybe he just staged that?

The teen does seem a little suspicious to me. I still can't wrap my head over why the killer let him go in the first place. Maybe he staged the whole shoe scenario because he wanted it to seem like he ran away as fast as he could to inform the police.
Maybe if the ME's office revealed how she died, it would help us at least identify what type of crime was committed, the type of motive, and at least develop a profile of what the killer might be like or even who it might be.

The teen does seem a little suspicious to me. I still can't wrap my head over why the killer let him go in the first place. Maybe he staged the whole shoe scenario because he wanted it to seem like he ran away as fast as he could to inform the police.
Maybe if the ME's office revealed how she died, it would help us at least identify what type of crime was committed, the type of motive, and at least develop a profile of who the killer might be.
The teen's story is suspicious. But I can see how he might have escaped, if the perp was more fixated on the girl. And maybe he didn't want to shoot the teen right there, as it could end his time with the girl too quickly, by firing a shot and attracting attention.

The teen could have staged the shoe scenario, but I wonder if he was that cunning---to get the girls body to that house--then get his shoes to the park, and make sure there is blood at the park to match his story, then run and look for a cop?

I think it could be more of a straight up scenario---he and a beautiful teen girl were hanging in the park too late at night ---not paying attention to what is about to happen---and a sexual predator jumps them....That happens a lot---I have seen a lot of cases here where young couples are parked, or on the beach, and a gunman kidnaps and rapes the girl. Sometimes they kill the boy, sometimes they dont.

The other thing is---I don't really see the motive for the teen boy to kill Shamia. He was not her longtime boyfriend and they had no emotional issues and jealousies etc. Apparently he was a 'new' guy friend. Someone who liked her and was interested, etc.so why kill her?

They were teens, no need for him to kill her to get what he was interested in ---they were probably having a fun date together---

But a sexual predator has every reason to do what he did. I am leaning that way right now. But I could be totally wrong. Maybe this kid is a violent predator and cunning and calculated? IDK

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back