SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Carolina has a 2 strike and 3 strike law, PM was indicted 3 felonies? Could 2 of those have put him in the 2 strike law.? Prison had he been found guilty at trial?
You have to look at the types of felonies that constituted the 2 and 3 strikes laws. My opinion is I don't believe he'd have met the conditions for 2 or 3 strike laws even if convicted.

So if they were targeted…it’s kind of odd that this happened at the kennels. Wouldn’t someone planning this expect that the most likely place to find the family at that time of night…particularly in the rain…would be at the main house? The situation with the Father was an unplanned emergency, known 0nly in the family.

Unless they fed the dogs at that time each night….in which case the killers knew them and their routine very well.

But feeding the dogs at 9pm seems off to me too. These are very social people. That’s an odd time, an interruptive time, to set a feeding schedule for the dogs. …right when you’d usually could be out for the evening or entertaining.

I still have this feeling that PM and MM encountered some situation as they drove in that night that escalated spontaneously. The location of the killing really bothers me.

John Murdaugh also traveled to the scene from his home in Okatie, about 30 minutes away. The brothers remained at the scene until they convinced Alex Murdaugh to leave with them.

“He didn’t want to leave them out there,” a tearful John Murdaugh said.

Murdaugh murders: Son, matriarch of prominent S.C. legal family gunned down at hunting lodge

Jmo I don’t think he left.

AM walked into such a horrific scene, an unimaginable horror. I am glad AM and his son have a close knit family to help them through this and I am glad AM’s brothers were close enough geographically to be with him that night. No one should have to go through that alone.

FWIW When I had a crisis, I called my sister crying with fear on my way to the hospital, but I didn’t ask anyone to come. But my sister immediately called my mom and told her to go to me.

My mom threw a bag together while my brother booked her a flight and drove her to the airport like a NASCAR driver. It was a huge relief when she walked into my hospital room.

So if they were targeted…it’s kind of odd that this happened at the kennels. Wouldn’t someone planning this expect that the most likely place to find the family at that time of night…particularly in the rain…would be at the main house? The situation with the Father was an unplanned emergency, known 0nly in the family.

Unless they fed the dogs at that time each night….in which case the killers knew them and their routine very well.

But feeding the dogs at 9pm seems off to me too. These are very social people. That’s an odd time, an interruptive time, to set a feeding schedule for the dogs. …right when you’d usually could be out for the evening or entertaining.

I still have this feeling that PM and MM encountered some situation as they drove in that night that escalated spontaneously. The location of the killing really bothers me.

Everyone seems to forget that RM3 was very sick at the time and I doubt AM/MM would have been out for the evening or entertaining. IMO, MM/PM left the hospital, went home and were going to feed the dogs on the way to the main house. Where is the weather report that said it was raining at the exact time they arrived ? We don't know that. Summer in the south brings a lot of showers that come and go. And even it was raining, the dogs still have to eat.

Last edited:
RM3 had been sick for a long time. At one point, a year ago, he’d been hospitalized for a month, according to MM FB. The family was not gathering daily around his deathbed. At that time of night, the trip to the hospital was unplanned and spontaneous.

When we had our small country acreage…I doubt anyone wanting to ambush me…would await me at 9pm at night at one of the outbuildings. But we will agree to disagree. Lol

RM3 had been sick for a long time. At one point, a year ago, he’d been hospitalized for a month, according to MM FB. The family was not gathering daily around his deathbed. At that time of night, the trip to the hospital was unplanned and spontaneous.

When we had our small country acreage…I doubt anyone wanting to ambush me…would await me at 9pm at night at one of the outbuildings. But we will agree to disagree. Lol

How do we know the killer(s) had not been there all day waiting for the M's to get home ? And since we don't know who the killer(s) are, we don't know how familiar they were with the M's schedule. And we also don't know who was spending time with RM3 and how much ? All of the sons had other responsibilities to deal with so my guess would be they were taking turns.

JMO

How do we know the killer(s) had not been there all day waiting for the M's to get home ? And since we don't know who the killer(s) are, we don't know how familiar they were with the M's schedule. And we also don't know who was spending time with RM3 and how much ? All of the sons had other responsibilities to deal with so my guess would be they were taking turns.

JMO
That’s the problem. We don’t know anything. This could be a drug deal gone wrong, a disgruntled employee, a jealous lover, two drunks in the woods, or some variation of any of the ideas spawned by the rumor mill. As I always say, these are just my opinions.

AM walked into such a horrific scene, an unimaginable horror. I am glad AM and his son have a close knit family to help them through this and I am glad AM’s brothers were close enough geographically to be with him that night. No one should have to go through that alone.

FWIW When I had a crisis, I called my sister crying with fear on my way to the hospital, but I didn’t ask anyone to come. But my sister immediately called my mom and told her to go to me.

My mom threw a bag together while my brother booked her a flight and drove her to the airport like a NASCAR driver. It was a huge relief when she walked into my hospital room.

I don’t have an issue with anything AM did that evening, I can not imagine coming home and finding and seeing what he saw. I would have done the same thing, called family.

When I lived in Va (rural) lots of ppl
had hunting dogs. They didn’t bark just to bark, one night I heard the dogs barking, found out that coyote got in barn (chickens). Possibly they were barking and PM went to check.

MM’s phone being found on a colleton co road outside the property is a conundrum for me.

I think you have a good insight regarding the strangeness of the location.

As you stated, most targeted attacks would probably have occurred either at the gate, or at the main home as they pulled up. A less direct form of attack would likely feature spraying the main home with gunfire when seeing lights coming on etc., then fleeing.

Perhaps the location of the victims supports this scenario:

- Assailants want to directly target the victims. This attack will not be an indirect "drive by"- nor will it be a "walk by" or "boat by".

- They expect the victims to arrive together and plan to attack them as a group. But..... when AM is not present, their plans are thrown off. Fearing that the two victims could warn AM if kept at the main house, or that he would notice something amiss, the victims are brought to the more isolated kennel. One assailant guards them.

- The other assailant returns to the main house to wait for AM. He, however does not arrive. Agitated and nervous, he give up waiting and returns to the kennel area. The victims are then murdered and the assailants flee.

Years ago, we lived on a 15 acre property which is a speck of dust compared to AM’s place. But it was very secluded with larger acreages all around it. If I had every seen the slightest indication of anything out of the ordinary, much less two bodies…I would have shot out of there…and certainly never called anyone I loved to join me there.
Since it took 19 mins from when AM called into 911 until the Colleton County Sheriff deputy arrived on scene (that must of felt like an eternity), do we know if either or both brothers got there before the deputy? Did the brothers say when they arrived?

I agree wholeheartedly. AM allegedly and within minutes,, comes upon the scene of his recently slain son and wife. Wouldn't he be on high alert that someone was still out there and that he would be next to get a bullet in the head? I'd have been out of there like a shot too. I don't know that I would have been distraught as much as I would have been paralyzed with fear. Calling anyone would have been next to impossible. Except for maybe 911 and that would be while I'm safely locked in my car and away from the scene.
Shock can just wipe out everything peripheral and sees just the thing the mind refuses to accept. He most likely couldn't believe what his eyes were telling him.

God I can't imagine coming upon such a scene. It might just put you into a catatonic-like state. I guess it all depends on the individual's emotional fortitude.

Since it took 19 mins from when AM called into 911 until the Colleton County Sheriff deputy arrived on scene (that must of felt like an eternity), do we know if either or both brothers got there before the deputy? Did the brothers say when they arrived?

Randy Murdaugh, who lives in Hampton, arrived at Moselle about 15 minutes later to see first responders and the bodies of his nephew and sister-in-law sprawled on the ground under white sheets.

Murdaugh murders: Son, matriarch of prominent S.C. legal family gunned down at hunting lodge

John Murdaugh also traveled to the scene from his home in Okatie, about 30 minutes away. The brothers remained at the scene until they convinced Alex Murdaugh to leave with them.

Shock can just wipe out everything peripheral and sees just the thing the mind refuses to accept. He most likely couldn't believe what his eyes were telling him.

God I can't imagine coming upon such a scene. It might just put you into a catatonic-like state. I guess it all depends on the individual's emotional fortitude.
I'm (sort of) of the belief he may have known. :eek:

I agree wholeheartedly. AM allegedly and within minutes,, comes upon the scene of his recently slain son and wife. Wouldn't he be on high alert that someone was still out there and that he would be next to get a bullet in the head? I'd have been out of there like a shot too. I don't know that I would have been distraught as much as I would have been paralyzed with fear. Calling anyone would have been next to impossible. Except for maybe 911 and that would be while I'm safely locked in my car and away from the scene.

Jmo
I think they were shot closer to the 9:00 then 9:30.
Jmo

When I lived in Va (rural) lots of ppl
had hunting dogs. They didn’t bark just to bark, one night I heard the dogs barking, found out that coyote got in barn (chickens). Possibly they were barking and PM went to check.

MM’s phone being found on a colleton co road outside the property is a conundrum for me.
Seems LE missed the opportunity to quickly try and locate MM's phone that night into early morning. (Paul's phone is here, Maggie's phone is not on her person, track it).

Seems odd a family member found it quick enough, by tracking it through an app. Such an important anomaly and clue in what had occured should have been top priority. It could have led them to the killer(s) who might have, after doing with it what they took it for, just drove down the road the next day and flung it out the window by the Murdaugh land.

Paul, the supposed target by many, had his phone right by his person. MM's was missing. I think that may mean she tried to use it, either to report a 911 or take a video/image of killer(s).

Other explanation could be MM was the target and her phone needed something deleted, though I can't see why or what.

They're coming home from seeing the Grandfather, let's go in this way and feed the dogs. <modsnip> It was up to them to feed the dogs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member