US Virgin Is - Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop, 41, British, aboard vessel Siren Song, St. John, 7 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping he is not a killer and has good midwest values. He called right away. If he did something to her, why would he call??? I think unfortunately he might have started drinking and thus the delay calling the coast guard,

BBM above.

Just pointing out HE DID NOT CALL RIGHT AWAY...fwiw.

Snipped from the most recently posted news link:
...According to Bane, the couple had dinner together on March 7 at around 10pm before returning to the catamaran where they watched a movie. Bane then claims that he woke up at around 2am to find his girlfriend missing.

Bane, who owns and skippers the 47-foot-long £500,000 Siren Song, said he was awoken by the boat's anchor alarm, which sounds when a vessel has moved too far from its mooring, and then discovered his girlfriend was missing.

The US Coast Guard told local media it was alerted to Heslop's disappearance at 11.46am.

Two questions for fellow sleuthers:
  1. What could explain the appalling non-investigation into SH's disappearance when we're told the FBI and UK police are both involved? and
  2. What could explain the lack of noise from SH's friends, family and UK govt? Wouldn't you expect more focus on the apparently inept police investigation?
Interested to hear your thoughts....

Two questions for fellow sleuthers:
  1. What could explain the appalling non-investigation into SH's disappearance when we're told the FBI and UK police are both involved? and
  2. What could explain the lack of noise from SH's friends, family and UK govt? Wouldn't you expect more focus on the apparently inept police investigation?
Interested to hear your thoughts....

Having spent some time in USVI with friends working in the service industry my answer is drugs, lots and lots of drugs! Maybe some money laundering. MOO, if I was a cop assisting in the illegal trafficking of drugs I would definitely make friends with someone who owned a large sailing vessel and was a bit of a criminal so I could have some black mail to hang over his head.

Having spent some time in USVI with friends working in the service industry my answer is drugs, lots and lots of drugs! Maybe some money laundering. MOO, if I was a cop assisting in the illegal trafficking of drugs I would definitely make friends with someone who owned a large sailing vessel and was a bit of a criminal so I could have some black mail to hang over his head.

Interesting, but I'm not sure I follow your logic.

We know five LE officers have been arrested for involvement in drug trafficking (see previously posted news reports). So yes, I can see why a corrupt LE officer (and their non-LE paymasters) would want to befriend a yacht captain, especially one who likes a drink and has an income shortfall as a result of the pandemic.

But being friends with RB isn't a basis for blackmailing him.

Are you suggesting RB is involved in drug trafficking and knows people in LE who are also involved? That would give each side a reason to collaborate over covering up SH's disappearance but in that case, blackmail would be by RB not by LE ie 'get me out of the picture regarding SH's disappearance or I'll expose your involvement in our drugs business'.

Is that what you're inferring? If not, please explain.

I can assure you @Pitkin that Sarm's friends and family are doing everything in their power to keep the pressure on police, find out what has happened, and get answers for Sarm. This includes police liaison, a Go***Me page, regular meets to gain ideas, using everything possible to keep her in the public eye, a charity released song, heavy social media presence, a website, releasing videos, news interviews, scouring the internet for anything of use, outreach across multiple channels, lobbying political figures, and more. There has been so little progress in so long but there will be no let up. Official Site For Sarm Heslop: Missing Person From USVI | #findsarm

I can assure you @Pitkin that Sarm's friends and family are doing everything in their power to keep the pressure on police, find out what has happened, and get answers for Sarm. This includes police liaison, a Go***Me page, regular meets to gain ideas, using everything possible to keep her in the public eye, a charity released song, heavy social media presence, a website, releasing videos, news interviews, scouring the internet for anything of use, outreach across multiple channels, lobbying political figures, and more. There has been so little progress in so long but there will be no let up. Official Site For Sarm Heslop: Missing Person From USVI | #findsarm

Catseekr, has there been any land searches at all around the way from the restaurant to where allegedly the dinghy was?

Even though I feel whatever happened happened after they got back to the boat, I still can't shake off the thought of him returning to it alone.. MOO

So many different versions of events all piled on top of each other!

But a group that calls itself "Friends of Heslop" insisted to Fox News that police do know of Bane's whereabouts.

"We are aware that Ryan Bane is no longer in an area under the VIPD jurisdiction, however, we believe his location is known to police. The investigation is ongoing and we continue to do everything we can to assist," the group told Fox News.

(From the link quoted)

Is this the same as the #FindSarm fb group of her friends that we already know about? And why do they think the police know where he is when the police themselves are saying they don't? And why are the police saying they don't when (if) the lawyer has told them RB will present himself on request. From the very start of this investigation it has seemed as though the VIPD haven't known how to grab their *advertiser censored* with both hands and now they seem to be spinning us a line that both the good guys and the bad guys are quick to contradict.

It makes me think that the hypothesis upthread that Sarm's disappearance has been sidelined by the demands of some other, bigger (in someone's estimation) investigation by the FBI, may in fact have some truth to it - but in that case you would think the FBI would be telling the VIPD just to zip it.

None of it makes any sense to me.

JMO

Catseekr, has there been any land searches at all around the way from the restaurant to where allegedly the dinghy was?

Even though I feel whatever happened happened after they got back to the boat, I still can't shake off the thought of him returning to it alone.. MOO

I believe extensive land searches have been carried out and it is generally accepted that they both went back to the dinghy. After that I am not sure.

Sarm Heslop boyfriend, friends deny police claims that cops ‘don’t know where’ Ryan Bane is

“I can state that I personally advised law enforcement of Mr. Bane’s movements while in the Territory and about his departure from the U.S. Virgin Islands,” Cattie told Fox News. “I further advised law enforcement that if Mr. Bane’s presence is legally required in the Territory, he will return upon such a demand.”

Cattie added: “Mr. Bane had nothing to do with Sarm’s disappearance and remains heartbroken that she is missing.”

A group that refers to itself as “Friends of Heslop” also told Fox News that authorities likely know where Bane is located.

“We are aware that Ryan Bane is no longer in an area under the VIPD jurisdiction, however, we believe his location is known to police. The investigation is ongoing and we continue to do everything we can to assist,” the group said, according to Fox News.

So many different versions of events all piled on top of each other!

But a group that calls itself "Friends of Heslop" insisted to Fox News that police do know of Bane's whereabouts.

"We are aware that Ryan Bane is no longer in an area under the VIPD jurisdiction, however, we believe his location is known to police. The investigation is ongoing and we continue to do everything we can to assist," the group told Fox News.

(From the link quoted)

Is this the same as the #FindSarm fb group of her friends that we already know about? And why do they think the police know where he is when the police themselves are saying they don't? And why are the police saying they don't when (if) the lawyer has told them RB will present himself on request. From the very start of this investigation it has seemed as though the VIPD haven't known how to grab their *advertiser censored* with both hands and now they seem to be spinning us a line that both the good guys and the bad guys are quick to contradict.

It makes me think that the hypothesis upthread that Sarm's disappearance has been sidelined by the demands of some other, bigger (in someone's estimation) investigation by the FBI, may in fact have some truth to it - but in that case you would think the FBI would be telling the VIPD just to zip it.

None of it makes any sense to me.

JMO

Thanks @JuicyLucy.

If we assume that SH's disappearance isn't the sole focus of the investigation, I think what we know so far can be made to make sense.

Let's say the statement by local LE was prompted by the FBI in the hope that it might encourage RB to make his next move. If that's the case, it's SH's support group that spoke out of turn, not local LE.

Also, from prior posts, there seem to be two SH support groups, or at least two individuals. One, (per catseekr's earlier post) makes no criticism of LE and that could be because they know what's going on. The other blurts out their contradictory knowledge because they do not.

I may be way off track but that's the only way I can make sense of it all.

MOO!

You are off track in SO many ways.

I came here to share information and look for anything which could help find Sarm. I advise anyone who actually cares to look up the heartbreaking BBC interview her parents gave this morning and pass anything and everything you might possibly read/see/hear on to USVI police, Hampshire police or the FBI.

Signing off.

Thanks @JuicyLucy.

If we assume that SH's disappearance isn't the sole focus of the investigation, I think what we know so far can be made to make sense.

Let's say the statement by local LE was prompted by the FBI in the hope that it might encourage RB to make his next move. If that's the case, it's SH's support group that spoke out of turn, not local LE.

Also, from prior posts, there seem to be two SH support groups, or at least two individuals. One, (per catseekr's earlier post) makes no criticism of LE and that could be because they know what's going on. The other blurts out their contradictory knowledge because they do not.

I may be way off track but that's the only way I can make sense of it all.

MOO!

Last edited by a moderator:
You are off track in SO many ways.

I came here to share information and look for anything which could help find Sarm. I advise anyone who actually cares to look up the heartbreaking BBC interview her parents gave this morning and pass anything and everything you might possibly read/see/hear on to USVI police, Hampshire police or the FBI.

Signing off.
Please don't sign off permanently @catseekr. Your views and momentum are valued here in the WS community, where an array of speculation, opinions and theories will emerge all as part of that interest in the case and finding resolution for Sarm and her loved ones. Please don't be deterred if one view causes offence... I am sure that was not at all intended and it is but one of many different perspectives and opinions on the case.

Continuing to hope for progress and justice for Sarm, wherever she is.

@catseekr I saw your unedited draft and would like to apologise if I've given any offence to you.

I've wanted to try and explore all the possible angles in this case, as in others. Although there's an Occam's razor here, there have also been - from the start - things about the investigation that none of us here have really been able to understand, in terms of why searches weren't done and suspects weren't questioned. For me, part of trying to understand that has involved trying to view things from different angles and through different prisms, to see if some explanation other than the obvious might make those nonsensical things clearer. But nothing in that process should have upset or offended, and I apologise if that's been the effect.

You must do what's right for you, but I echo @Mandalas view that your input is valued and it would be a shame if you left.

It's been a busy week and I'm only just catching up.

@JuicyLucy I think it might have been me who caused offence. Though I'm not sure how and it certainly wasn't intended.

So @catseekr, if you're still here, sincere apologies from me too. The comments above (thank you fellow sleuthers) say everything that I would have said in response.

If you (@catseekr) are close to the case and happy for us to pass info to USVI police, I don't think any further speculation about the legitimacy or otherwise of the investigation is necessary.

Whatever is happening, we all hope for a happy conclusion for SH and her friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998