Golden Gate Bridge Suicides

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found; February 25, 2021
Location Found; Sausalito, California, Marin County
Estimated Age Range; 45-60 Years
Hair color: Brown, medium length with some grey visible at the temples
Eye color: Brown, eyes appear light brown, almost hazel.
Tattoos:
  1. Large Tribal Tattoo with blue butterfly on lower back
  2. Dark black/purple horned figure with two pink/red/green flowers on left breast
  3. Unknown blurry symbol on upper back
  4. Yellow sun and blue moon side profiles on back of right shoulder
  5. Celtic triangle with rainbow coloring on left foot
Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Circumstances of Recovery
Subject was witnessed to jump from the Golden Gate Bridge to the bay waters below and was subsequently recovered by a United States Coast Guard

I noticed that this Jane Does Namus file is already down since March 2021 (according to her own thread
CA - CA - Marin Co, WhtFem UP78429, 45-60, jump from the Golden Gate Bridge, Feb'21)

Sadly no follow up to be sure she is identified.

I found another missing girl seen jumping from the G.G. bridge, we didn't mentioned before. Only 17 years old.

Casey Joanna Brooks – The Charley Project

Casey was last seen on January 29, 2008. She left her Tiburon, California home at 5:00 a.m. and never returned. Video surveillance cameras at the Golden Gate Bridge showed Casey parking her car at the north end and walking onto the bridge on the east sidewalk. She smoked a cigarette, climbed over the rail and jumped. Casey left a note behind at home saying, "The Saab is parked at the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm sorry."

Unidentified Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found; February 25, 2021
Location Found; Sausalito, California, Marin County
Estimated Age Range; 45-60 Years
Hair color: Brown, medium length with some grey visible at the temples
Eye color: Brown, eyes appear light brown, almost hazel.
Tattoos:
  1. Large Tribal Tattoo with blue butterfly on lower back
  2. Dark black/purple horned figure with two pink/red/green flowers on left breast
  3. Unknown blurry symbol on upper back
  4. Yellow sun and blue moon side profiles on back of right shoulder
  5. Celtic triangle with rainbow coloring on left foot
Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Circumstances of Recovery
Subject was witnessed to jump from the Golden Gate Bridge to the bay waters below and was subsequently recovered by a United States Coast Guard

The Namus file for this person is down. May she rest in peace now. Sorry, I see I already posted this upthread.

A victim from October 9, 2011 was added to NamUs.
Initials: RC
Male
Missing Age: 52 Years
Height: 6' 0" (72 Inches)
Weight: 170 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Thanks @ChatteringBirds Should we make an own thread for her? She is found on Stinson Beach...with only a garter and girdle set on the body. I guess clothes can get off when you jump and drift....Somehow I have the feeling this case is different from being a jumper....what do you think? Like to "pick your brain".

Thanks @ChatteringBirds Should we make an own thread for her? She is found on Stinson Beach...with only a garter and girdle set on the body. I guess clothes can get off when you jump and drift....Somehow I have the feeling this case is different from being a jumper....what do you think? Like to "pick your brain".

Which case; is there a NamUs link for it?

If there is a case of an unidentified person, I would say let's create a thread, if there isn't one already. Let me know if you'd like me to create it.

Which case; is there a NamUs link for it?

If there is a case of an unidentified person, I would say let's create a thread, if there isn't one already. Let me know if you'd like me to create it.

Hé this is weird.....sorry, where did I put my head yesterday? ....:eek: I was sure I quoted your post about a woman found in Marin County, CA.....
It's this Jane Doe The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I don't think she has a thread yet. Would you be so kind?

Missing persons 2021, (possibly) jumped from the Golden Gate bridge

Michael David McChesney, Male, White / Caucasian
1654678752880.png

January 31, 2021, 40, 5'11, 140 lbs,

On 01/31/2021 at approximately 1700 hours, MP left his residence in Cupertino, CA as the family was moving out of the home. MP was upset with the move. Mother reported him missing at approximately midnight that same evening after he did not return home. Golden Gate Bridge Patrol Officers advised they made contact with MP on 2/01/2021 two times during the day and identified the subject by name.

At approximately 0305 hours on 02/02/2021, CHP Officers spotted a pedestrian in a black jacket and black pants walking northbound on the east sidewalk of the bridge. They notified Bridge Patrol , exited and turned back southbound to look for the pedestrian , but were unable to locate him. GGB Patrol Sgt. located video footage at 0305 hours of the pedestrian, a white male adult, climbing over the south east gate for the east sidewalk. He was observed walking northbound on the east sidewalk out of the camera's view. A marker was deployed at the pedestrian's last known location, and Coast Guard searched the area to no avail. It is unknown if the pedestrian was in fact McChesney, or if he jumped.

Last edited:
Another young man (28 yrs) missing who supposed to have jumped from the GGB. Reuben Michael Bosch – The Charley Project

• Missing Since 03/30/2021
  • Missing From Napa, California
Bosch was last seen in the Browns Valley area, Napa, California USA on March 30 2021 at 5:30 PM. He has never been heard from again. Investigators believe he took his own life by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge, but his body has never been found.

It looks like his father knows he took his life that day by jumping. No further details.

Another young man (28 yrs) missing who supposed to have jumped from the GGB. Reuben Michael Bosch – The Charley Project

• Missing Since 03/30/2021
  • Missing From Napa, California
Bosch was last seen in the Browns Valley area, Napa, California USA on March 30 2021 at 5:30 PM. He has never been heard from again. Investigators believe he took his own life by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge, but his body has never been found.

It looks like his father knows he took his life that day by jumping. No further details.

So he and his father committed suicide on the same day? That is tremendously sad. Condolences to their family

Another beautiful human being who (most likely) jumped from the GGB in 2020. So sorry.

Sydney Kaitlyn West – The Charley Project

1668342943729.png

West was last seen on September 30, 2020. A rideshare driver drove her to the Crissy Field area of San Francisco, California and dropped her off near the Golden Gate Bridge.

After West's disappearance, her backpack with some of her belongings was found in an area on the Golden Gate Bridge that she liked to visit. She would visit there to admire the view, take photographs and go running. Although the bridge has security cameras, fog and poor air quality from nearby wildfires often obstructed the view on the morning West disappeared, and the footage offered little evidence as to what happened.

I am extremely curious. How many jumpers were there in 2020?

In 2021, 223 people came to the bridge to try to hurt themselves, according to Mulligan. Of those, 198 were stopped and 25 people jumped. In 2020, numbers were similar, with 213 coming to the bridge, 185 being stopped and 28 who jumped.

In 2021, 223 people came to the bridge to try to hurt themselves, according to Mulligan. Of those, 198 were stopped and 25 pe

In 2021, 223 people came to the bridge to try to hurt themselves, according to Mulligan. Of those, 198 were stopped and 25 people jumped. In 2020, numbers were similar, with 213 coming to the bridge, 185 being stopped and 28 who jumped.

Are there any Charley Project profile pages of people who jumped from the GGB in 2020?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back