CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO, Was the container for shipping her antique business?
MOO, Was it there was more than one PI working on the case?
MOO, MAH8336 are you sure it was a Hummer? Did you ride in the vehicle?
MOO, MAH8336 at some point did you have more than a business relationship with DIA?
MOO, The one question I have not heard an answer to is when did someone besides KH see DIA in person.

@Sun Spot Did had order the shipping container from me and I arranged to have it delivered to her ranch. It was only for storage. I know my vehicles and know the well. I could not mistaken the Hummer. The three times I was there was for business but each visit was very pleasant and we spoke a lot. The first time there we had talked for two to three hours.

Thanks to everyone for chipping in here...

MAH8336.. .
I am rolling things around in my head...
Early risers and 2 PM lunch...
Main House property line of the 7th Day Adventist in the middle of the place

Most importantly...She pointed a gun out of being perhaps hyper vigilant and on edge.

If she obviously pointed a gun at you means that she was packing pretty much 24/7?

Would that also imply that if there was an abduction, (Dia being armed most of the time)
that it was somone she trusted due to a lack of a struggle or shots fired... maybe there are bullets in a wall somewhere overlooked...
Which would also be very hard to prove they are tied to a incident? All MOO by the way.
I'm praying for truth to be revealed...
Praying for guilt to be super intense beyond comprehension, unbearable even...
I'm sure that peeps involved read this Forum..
More MOO...

@Desert Cruiser From what she had told me she doesn't go anywhere without her gun. All three times I was there she was on high alert. You can tell someone is on edge because of the way they act.

If you look at the property lines with the county you will see what I am referring to. As @Sun Spot there is more to this case then we think. Maybe there was a dispute with the 7th Day and Dia. We would never know.

If people who know the truth actually step up and speak out then this case can be solved. This goes for all the cold cases out there. There is always someone who knows something but they are afraid to speak.

Here is how I see this case and it is just my thought and own opinion.

Dia disappeared with no trace. She makes someone who she dislikes as the trustee of her estate. The other trustee leaves to Florida shortly after Dia disappears.

LE hasn't been doing much. Makes me wonder if they are involved personally which would make the case go cold.

There is at least two people that knows what happened, but one is afraid (don't blame them) and the other committed the crime.

No cameras, no videos, no nothing beside a few items that was found during a search. Where did the cameras go?

This sick friend she made cinnamon rolls for, is she/he still around and can he/she confess that he/she saw Dia that morning.

Where is her other two vehicles? The truck was a ranch truck for the ranch hands.

There is so many red flags in this case I am surprised it has not been solved yet.

I have spoken to LE extensively. IMO from my conversations with them it appears to me they are disinterested in this case. That's all I think I can say without getting snipped.
Thank You
...f people who know the truth actually step up and speak out then this case can be solved. This goes for all the cold cases out there. There is always someone who knows something but they are afraid to speak.
What if people who know some details tell LE and they don't investigate deep enough? What more can they do? Just my own thoughts here. I agree this case seems like it could be solved, and Dia deserves that Justice, but it takes Law Enforcement to stay involved and follow through on all the tips. With Covid restrictions, many things have been affected. I'm not sure LE has the resources, concern, or time, but this case reminds unsolved one year later. :( It's very sad if someone purposely harmed Dia and is going to get away with it. All MOO.

notary-jpg.300043

^This document above is in the original quoted post#703 page#36 this thread. Notice the flamboyant signature "Dia Abrams" from 2020.

View attachment 300249
^This signature is from page 11/80 of the 2019 lawsuit .pdf link in this post #716 on page#36 of this thread:
CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

View attachment 300250
^This signature is from October 1984 for the PreNup found on page 20/80 of the same lawsuit .pdf.

I'm sorry I have not read the entire thread and all the voluminous supporting documents, so this may have been pointed out already: but those are NOT the same signature. I don't even believe the earliest 1984 one matches the last 2020 notarized one in many respects, although the last 2020 one looks like an attempt to follow that style.

Did Lydia ever have a stroke or injury that would impair her writing?

I just came across this case of Dia Abrams disappearance last night, so I am behind in reading the more recent posts.

The signature debacle is something I noticed in the documents. It is something that should be looked at. I do not believe Dia signed all of those documents as the signatures differ so much. The Notary/lawyer who Notarized one of the conveyance documents (D. B.) makes his D's the same as Dia's.

I am from Louisiana and have been a Notary at a jail/detention center and also in charge of the inmate trust fund. In so being a Notary, all I was ever charged to do was verify that the person appearing in front of me was indeed the person he/she said they were and also swearing to the authenticity of the proper identification of the person seeking the notarization of the document. I did not read the document itself. I was not swearing to the truth or substance of the document.

Another thing I noticed was that there was a Notary in the state of Louisiana and the Parish of Ouachita notarizing one of the documents. I recognize 2 of the names. Why was a Notary from Louisiana involved with notarizing anything in this case? Did Dia Abrams have anything to do with Louisiana?

Sorry for the long post. I am playing catch up! As for Keith Harper, I would not trust that man as far as I could throw him! There is definitely something hinky about him and DF also in my opinion.

Over and out.

August 25, 2020
Here is the most recent interview done by Dia's fiancé with David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer) who has been doing a wonderful job keeping us informed. The interview reveals some of the details of the day she went missing. Oops, I need to correct that Keith went to Colorado in his RV for business not Arizona. (at 1:15 minute mark) Not sure but it sounds like Deputies didn't arrive to search the ranch until Monday and searched for three days.

At the 1:40 minute mark is what I call important news. Probate Court Battle with her children to Invalidate her Prenuptial Agreement with their father. Whoa, I didn't even guess at that angle. Millions are at stake.

Dia's daughter texted a reply to the reporter at the 3:35 mark. Geez, all I can say is maybe they weren't a very close family.

Woman missing near Idyllwild was in court battle over multi-million dollar estate | cbs8.com

*Notice at the bottom of this article Harper says, "I loved her." Past tense. He knows exactly what happened, IMO.

Bumping this info.
Hearing set for July 21-22 regarding Dia's adult children's request to have the current trustees removed.

There's been many different legal actions going on having to do with this case. Time has gone by, and memories start to fade or links get lost. This is just my attempt to get some of the links to legal actions all in one post in some type of order.

Dia's Petition:

Pleading Wizard (cbs8.com)

Her Children's Opposition to Petition:
37-2019-00030018-PR-TR-CTL_ROA-17_11-01-19_Objections_Other_1598084000131.pdf (cbs8.com)

Former La Jolla woman transferred property before disappearing near Idyllwild | cbs8.com
The changes Dia made in May 2020:
ABRAMSRECORDS.pdf (google.com)

Family of Idyllwild missing woman seek removal of 'fiancé' as tru | cbs8.com

Dia's Children want current trustees removed:
abrams_petition_redacted.pdf (google.com)

Power of Attorney copies submitted to New Mexico court in KH's attempt to get a refund KH wanted from a boot store for a refund on boots Dia bought. (hard to explain)
Abrams_POA2.pdf (google.com)

...The signature debacle is something I noticed in the documents. It is something that should be looked at. I do not believe Dia signed all of those documents as the signatures differ so much. The Notary/lawyer who Notarized one of the conveyance documents (D. B.) makes his D's the same as Dia's.
Yes, I would expect professionals hired by Dia's children to concentrate more on the legal documents seeming questionable and somewhat suspicious. They can knock KH's character to the judge, but the real legal matter is Dia signing those papers and naming KH as a trustee. (I did post that according to California Notary guidelines, Dia's thumb print should be in the Notary's Journal.) I guess first the children want to get another (their chosen) fiduciary named.
Another thing I noticed was that there was a Notary in the state of Louisiana and the Parish of Ouachita notarizing one of the documents. I recognize 2 of the names. Why was a Notary from Louisiana involved with notarizing anything in this case? Did Dia Abrams have anything to do with Louisiana?...
That's interesting. Do you know which documents that had LA notaries? You're right. Why?

...Sorry for the long post. I am playing catch up! As for Keith Harper, I would not trust that man as far as I could throw him! There is definitely something hinky about him and DF also in my opinion.
Enjoyed hearing your own opinions. Glad you joined in catching up on this case. Loved your long post. This one of mine might be long too.

My Own Opinion is that KH stood out right from the first. He seemed to jump at the chance to give interviews and claim he was Dia's fiancé, but he said he didn't know "nothing" about her legal/financials. Lo and behold, she had named him a trustee only weeks before! Didn't she tell him? Of course, his taking off on his "business trip", while Dia just went missing didn't help his image. IMO, I don't know why it took a year for the children to speak to the public about their missing mother. Anyways--

DF has that Secret Service past career experience, and some entailed financial investigations, AFAIK. Dia seemed to really trust her. It bothers me that DF must have been very aware, and know maybe the most about everything-- for example, if Dia trusted KH, if he was a fiancé, when Dia was last seen by her or others, etc., DF didn't get on camera or reach out to the public then. All DF chose to say is that Dia didn't want her children to get her estate if anything happened to her. DF claimed she didn't know KH hardly at all? What helpful info did she relay to LE? She left town, moved, and it bothers me because she might be able to supply extremely important information. If I had to guess who knows something crucial, I'd guess it might be DF. I hope whoever knows something useful, that they do right by Dia to get her Justice.

MOO, this is all my own thoughts and opinions.

I just came across this case of Dia Abrams disappearance last night, so I am behind in reading the more recent posts.

The signature debacle is something I noticed in the documents. It is something that should be looked at. I do not believe Dia signed all of those documents as the signatures differ so much. The Notary/lawyer who Notarized one of the conveyance documents (D. B.) makes his D's the same as Dia's.

I am from Louisiana and have been a Notary at a jail/detention center and also in charge of the inmate trust fund. In so being a Notary, all I was ever charged to do was verify that the person appearing in front of me was indeed the person he/she said they were and also swearing to the authenticity of the proper identification of the person seeking the notarization of the document. I did not read the document itself. I was not swearing to the truth or substance of the document.

Another thing I noticed was that there was a Notary in the state of Louisiana and the Parish of Ouachita notarizing one of the documents. I recognize 2 of the names. Why was a Notary from Louisiana involved with notarizing anything in this case? Did Dia Abrams have anything to do with Louisiana?

Sorry for the long post. I am playing catch up! As for Keith Harper, I would not trust that man as far as I could throw him! There is definitely something hinky about him and DF also in my opinion.

Over and out.
Welcome to the thread, LaLaw2000! Thanks for your interesting comments. Would you know if documents pertaining to a California resident's California property, notarized by a Lousiana-based (and licensed) Notary, in California, be considered legally notarized, by California courts? (I hope this question makes sense, because I've confused myself!) How about this: does a Notary license...travel? across state lines? Thanks in advance.

@Desert Cruiser Makes you think on why LE hasn't done more. We have a person on here who apparently knows a lot but will not speak.

Hi, I did not say they knew more because I know they do, I felt that that info for facts is pretty sparse and there is very little mentioned...
Most of the info comes from KH and witnesses in reality...
Three can keep a secret if two are dead, Perps are reading this, THAT's YOU!!!
Who will "TURN" when a sliver when a evidence surfaces, it will happen!!!

Welcome to the thread, LaLaw2000! Thanks for your interesting comments. Would you know if documents pertaining to a California resident's California property, notarized by a Lousiana-based (and licensed) Notary, in California, be considered legally notarized, by California courts? (I hope this question makes sense, because I've confused myself!) How about this: does a Notary license...travel? across state lines? Thanks in advance.

Generally, the answer is no concerning traveling across state lines. The laws are different in different states. For instance, I could notarize a document that is to be filed in another state as long as all parties appeared before me in my area/state where I am commissioned while adhering to the laws of that state. Otherwise, it would involve 2 notaries.

I can't answer your question without being confusing in my answers.

I have gone to nursing homes, hospitals, private homes and so forth within my area to notarize documents.

Mine is a lifetime commission but I am now retired. I still have to keep up with changes in the law regarding notaries.

I do not pretend to know what the document means that I was curious about. It involved Chase Bank and the fact that a Louisiana Notary was involved. I just find it all very strange. It actually had to do with a lien and a loan with a certain piece of property from what little I can see.

Some Notaries will come to you to notarize documents.

Clear as mud, isn't it? Thanks for the welcome!

Having been on WS since 2008, we have seen time after time when it would seem LE was not doing anything or advancing the case when all of a sudden there would be a resolution or arrests proving LE had been very busy with the case. I'm not saying that is happening here, but we do not know what LE knows. My late husband was retired LE with SPD and I served 10 years as a deputy.

It does look on the surface to be nothing actively going on, but that doesn't make it so. In every case LE holds onto so much information - more than I think is necessary to maintain the integrity of the case. If LE wants the public's help in solving Dia's disappearance, they need to let go of some of that information.

I get a very bad vibe from KH and DF too. I really don't get a bad vibe from the son. In fact if I were the son and daughter, I would be furious that KH and DF were involved in any say so about the properties, the running of them, and anything financial. The son and daughter are the remaining family members and they should be able to name whomever they wanted to run the ranch and properties. It is in litigation after all.

The lawyer who (by appearances) signed Dia's name and his name should be looked into in my opinion. I don't know the law except for pertaining to Notaries, but you cannot attest to or notarize anything from which you would benefit. I would assume he was being paid to execute the document as a lawyer.

If you look at the prenuptial agreement, Dia's signature looks to be the writing of someone who doesn't sign anything very often. She was very young (20's) when she signed it. Her husband (to be) was much older than her and also a millionaire. He wanted to protect his assets with California being a community property state, BUT I am angry with him for having taken such advantage of Dia under the circumstances he did. I could be very wrong, but I get the impression Dia was not very well educated and there was distrust on CA's part.

Later on having appointed the son and the daughter as executors, I feel he bypassed what should (to me) have been Dia's ability to manage the estate. This is just my own feelings.

I think all the documents Dia executed just before her death was done in some sort of plan with KH and DF to save the properties. I will never believe that KH and DF had Dia's best interest at heart. Some sort of conspiracy is going on here, IMO.

Okay! This is my last long post. I will keep my posts to a minimum from now on! I have so many more thoughts but do not want to side track the thread.

Over and out.........

Hopefully this really happens this week and we find out what went on at the hearing.

Hearing set for July 21-22 regarding Dia's adult children's request to have the current trustees removed.

Wednesday, July 21st:
*Probate Court Hearing (@ 8:45am PT in Palm Springs) - CA – Lydia “Dia” W. Kenshalo Abrams (65) (last seen @ 2:30pm June 6, 2020 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch, in a remote area east of Mountain Center, Idyllwild; vehicle, handbag, keys & cell phone still at home. DOB 7/6/54).
Info on disappearance & court info thru 1/11/21 reference post #665 here:

3/14/21: Dia’s children (Clinton & Crisara) have filed (on 2/26/21) a petition (#PRIN2100297): For Dia Kenshalo Abrams Trust: Petition to confirm Trust property; to compel production of accounting & Trust records; for removal of Trustees (Harper & Fedder); for subcharge damages for breach of fiduciary duty; for double damages; and attorney’s fees & costs. Probate hearing in Palm Springs (Riverside County) on 5/13/21 @ 8:45am.
5/13/21 Update: Probate hearing was rescheduled to 7/21 & 7/22/21.

We may have to wait for some news on what happens at the hearing pertaining to this case that's going on in Palm Springs in Riverside county today and tomorrow.

As some of you may know, David Gotfredson's been quite busy doing investigative reporting on both this case and the Maya Millete case. In fact, the hearing set for the GVRO records to be unsealed was filed by News8 and that is happening today, as well.
SD city attorney wants Larry Millete records kept secret | cbs8.com
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 7:10 PM PDT July 16, 2021 / Updated: 7:40 PM PDT July 16, 2021
"A court hearing on News 8’s motion to unseal the records is now set for Wednesday, July 21 at 2:30 p.m. in Department 69 at the downtown San Diego Hall of Justice building."

Thursday, July 22nd:
*Probate Court Hearing (@ 8:45am PT in Palm Springs) - CA – Lydia “Dia” W. Kenshalo Abrams (65) (last seen @ 2:30pm June 6, 2020 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch, in a remote area east of Mountain Center, Idyllwild; vehicle, handbag, keys & cell phone still at home. DOB 7/6/54).
Info on disappearance & court info thru 1/11/21 reference post #665 here:

3/14/21: Dia’s children (Clinton & Crisara) have filed (on 2/26/21) a petition (#PRIN2100297): For Dia Kenshalo Abrams Trust: Petition to confirm Trust property; to compel production of accounting & Trust records; for removal of Trustees (Harper & Fedder); for subcharge damages for breach of fiduciary duty; for double damages; and attorney’s fees & costs. Probate hearing in Palm Springs (Riverside County) on 5/13/21 @ 8:45am.
5/13/21 Update: Probate hearing was rescheduled to 7/21 & 7/22/21. 7/21/21 Update: Probate hearing continues on 7/22/21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj