SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I had just edited to ask if they were being technical. If this is the case then the firearm just about had to be the M's unless there was someone else at the scene that had their gun confiscated.
I think I'll go with it being the M's for now.
Could have been in AM's car or on his person if he has a carry license...or someone else also there with him, same thing.

I don't see why they're including who found the bodies in the redactions when its been said that AM found them and called 911 to report it? Why include something that you admitted by saying AM called 911? Does that mean someone besides AM else found the bodies and he just called it in?
I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe someone was with AM? I can’t recall if it was ever stated that he arrived alone. (I know I assumed he did.)
Still curious about that “Gibson 27” form that was completed by Colleton County Sheriff’s Office in the list of redacted docs that SLED released. No idea what it is, but interesting I think bc Paul Gibson is or was one of the attorneys for Parker’s.
*Not necessarily the same person. But reading through the most recent info., it does seem like someone else may have been there. All MOO

Or possibly they drove up to the kennels and had their vehicle windows blown out with a firearm and then dragged out of the vehicle? Lots of possibilities.

I was thinking something similar. Perhaps some of the bullets hit the vehicles. Assume these are vehicles owned by the Murdaughs, as it would be unlikely for the killer to leave a vehicle behind.

It was interesting that one of the officers reported calling the towing service to remove a vehicle, then he followed to make sure it was ok. Perhaps one of the victims was driving a golf car or something similar. A vehicle they used just to drive around the property.

Or possibly they drove up to the kennels and had their vehicle windows blown out with a firearm and then dragged out of the vehicle? Lots of possibilities.
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252778263.html?#storylink=cpy

This says that a driver from a towing company took a black Suburban from the property. The owner of the towing company said his driver told him that he didn't see blood or bullet holes.

If you look at the 1st page from the Sheriff's Office letter it says: Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter. Nonnegligent manslaughter?!

SLED also says it redacted the name of a possible witness to the homicides.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252778263.html?#storylink=cpy

This says that a driver from a towing company took a black Suburban from the property. The owner of the towing company said his driver told him that he didn't see blood or bullet holes.

If you look at the 1st page from the Sheriff's Office letter it says: Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter. Nonnegligent manslaughter?!

A possible witness to the homicides? So this person doesn't know if they saw two people get gunned down?

Theres been some weird stuff being said here lately. I personally believe they're trying to soften us up a bit so that when all this comes out it won't seem like such a bombshell.

You're right. From your link:

The Island Packet and Beaufort Gazette tracked down the towing company called by the sheriff’s office to the Murdaugh property the morning after the murders. The owner said police asked its driver to wear gloves and not touch anything when taking the black Chevrolet Suburban from the property. The owner said the driver didn’t see any blood or bullet holes in the vehicle.

Other SLED redactions referred to “which homes had video cameras” during law enforcement’s sweep of the area.

• One paragraph of a page is blacked out, according to SLED, because it shows “steps taken by law enforcement to interview a potential witness/subject to this double homicide.”

As for surveillance cameras, it's SOP for LE to check for them on the property and on homes and businesses along the nearby roads. Hopefully, they found some helpful video. But don't be surprised if they withhold that information for a long time.

https://www.islandpacket.com/article252778263.html

"Police seized firearms from the crime scene where Paul and Maggie Murdaugh were killed last month, and they may be investigating “forced entry” onto the property, according to a court document filed Wednesday."

"Those details emerged in a log filed by the state defending its heavy redactions of police reports from the crime scene. They are part of a lawsuit that accuses the S.C. Law Enforcement Division of violating the Freedom of Information Act by overly censoring police reports relating to the Murdaugh murders."

>snipped<
  • SLED blacked out details about “forced entry” and “force used.” The agency said it did so because it revealed “details about the manner in which the crime [was] committed.”

Also:

"SLED has provided no information regarding suspects, motives or how the murders happened. SLED has said it remains silent to preserve the integrity of the investigation.

But if the circuit judge finds that SLED violated FOIA law by overly redacting the reports, the agency may be forced to release more details."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 22.14.32.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 22.14.32.png
    219 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Okay I see now, it says "steps taken by law enforcement to interview a potential witness..."
Maybe they're just referring to AM. The state of mind he was in or RM could have been acting as his lawyer and LE had to go through him or a combination of both.
I don't think the "forced entry" or "firearms seized" parts tell us much of anything. We already knew they were holding back on the forced entry and it sounds like they probably just seized all the firearms that were at the estate. I think they were looking in the river for at least one of the murder weapons.
Now the part about the vehicles and the manner of the victims injuries is interesting.

Okay I see now, it says "steps taken by law enforcement to interview a potential witness..."
Maybe they're just referring to AM. The state of mind he was in or RM could have been acting as his lawyer and LE had to go through him or a combination of both.
I don't think the "forced entry" or "firearms seized" parts tell us much of anything. We already knew they were holding back on the forced entry and it sounds like they probably just seized all the firearms that were at the estate. I think they were looking in the river for at least one of the murder weapons.
Now the part about the vehicles and the manner of the victims injuries is interesting.
I'm sorry....about the potential witness to the murders and the words "nonintentional manslaughter"....
I got that from reading the downloaded pdf file of the 19 pages of redactions! Not sure how to relink that here. If someone can explain the unintentional manslaughter, then I'll put this awful theory that just popped into my head to bed.

Last edited:
I'm sorry....about the potential witness to the murders and the words "nonintentional manslaughter"....
I got that from reading the downloaded pdf file of the 19 pages of redactions! Not sure how to relink that here. If someone can explain the unintentional manslaughter, then I'll put this awful theory that just popped into my head to bed.

Murder and non- intentional manslaughter is one of the categories of the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS)

It is an incident-based reporting system used by law enforcement agencies in the United States for collecting and reporting data on crimes. Local, state and federal agencies generate NIBRS data from their records management systems.

336E0AF4-F4EB-4737-8422-00C29EB29CB9.jpeg

National Incident-Based Reporting System - Wikipedia

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.ijis.org/resource/resmgr/ncs-x/nibrs_offenses_with_mandator.pdf

Last edited:

No need to be sorry I'm just catching up myself, I stay behind.
I meant to include the manslaughter in my last post but forgot. I'm not sure I want to know what that means but I'm pretty sure I'm thinking the same theory you are. I've wondered about that possibility before but that piece of information gives it a little more credence.

I'm sure that would include the killer(s). If someone was to confess or if an accomplice was to come forward. Those kind of redactions I understand. What I don't understand would be limiting public knowledge of who was present when first responders arrived.
They may be protecting the existence and/or identity of a witness who was on the property unbeknownst to the killer(s). Or perhaps a tactic to make the killers wonder if in fact there was a witness after all.

These crimes have such a tight schedule.

Somewhere between 9pm and 9:30pm, the murders are committed.

Presuming this is not random, the killers know that AM and MM are residing at Moselle. They would have no idea when AM might turn into the driveway. As it is, he may have only missed being there by 30 minutes. So, I can’t imagine much attention could be paid to cleaning up, wiping off weapons, destroying evidence.

With two people dead in an area that could well have been visible from the driveway…especially with headlights… I think they’d get out of there as quickly as possible.

Depending on where MM’s phone was found, they may have had to exit out that same narrow driveway where AM could be pulling in at any moment. If they go that way…they then ditch the phone on Moselle Rd. and off they go. All before 10pm…when AM arrives home.

Now AM allegedly arrives home and it is ‘around’ 10pm and he finds the horror.

He begins making phone calls…in what order we don’t know. But we know he had trouble reaching JM, had to keep calling, finally calling the sister-in-law’s phone. And, of course he calls police at 10:07 pm.

When he calls RM who lives 15 minutes away, RM comes immediately, but he says the police were on the scene already and the bodies already recovered, so it had to be well after 10:28pm.

The initial LE arriving around 10:28pm almost immediately declares the area secure for the medics…which is good, because more M family members are arriving.

All this action in one hour or…at the most around 90 minutes…from murders to secure scene. From maybe 9pm…to 10:28pm.
I suspect AM arrived much closer to 9:30 than 10:00. The most likely way LE could pinpoint the 9:00-9:30 timeframe is if someone had seen/spoken to Paul and/or MM at 9:00 p.m. at which time they were fine, and then they were reported dead within minutes of 9:30.

JMO

"Additionally, two other pages concerning vehicles found at the crime scene were redacted because of information on “the firearms seized” and the “manner of injury to the victims,” according to the redaction log."

What???
Is there anyplace I can see the the documents that discuss what why redactions were made? I believe it’s the same document or in the same set that indicates forced entry. I link given earlier in the thread takes me to a paywall.

Thanks!!!!’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member