Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Thinking these young ladies all involved in counseling and therapy etc. Like @Bit of hope said we don't know the meds etc.

Dear Lord how things get crazy! Just let this beautiful girl come back safe.

Taking personal issue here. It kills me that 20 somethings can't just go out, party up, pay the piper at Brunch the next day and keep on living their best lives.

JMO she got grabbed up. The hour of 5am or so the tricks are just about calling it a day. Delivery guys to stores checking out the pretty girls possibly still a little lit. Oh and addicts just coming down very desperate.

Please be safe honey!

Ditto.

I'm sorry, I should have specified I'm close to where she lives, not where she is missing from. Since she is local I'm surprised there hasn't been more publicity regarding her disappearance.
Sweet Tooth this is by what we call "Skinny Building"?

How's parking? I haven't been by this way in a year or so. You're local. What do you think?

Cassandra's boyfriend just shared on the news she does have a bad sense of direction amongst other things he shared.

I'm hoping she got on the Vine. JMO after that? I can see where she got lost. Even without all the massive construction the signs are more than baffling.

So did she go South instead of North? Even going North there's construction dumping you off onto new exits. There's new on ramps. So did she exit into a sketchy neighborhood and ask directions? Did she end up in Delaware?

Highway Patrol? And where's the cameras? It's Flippin I95.

One questioned answered the girls must have walked to the club. It's right by friends place.

Prayers.

Cassandra's boyfriend just shared on the news she does have a bad sense of direction amongst other things he shared.

I'm hoping she got on the Vine. JMO after that? I can see where she got lost. Even without all the massive construction the signs are more than baffling.

So did she go South instead of North? Even going North there's construction dumping you off onto new exits. There's new on ramps. So did she exit into a sketchy neighborhood and ask directions? Did she end up in Delaware?

One questioned answered the girls must have walked to the club. It's right by friends place.

Prayers.

Thank you for your local sketch of the traffic situation over there. To be honest I would have panicked at least a little bit, not knowing my way around in the city, maybe a little disorientated. Tired, maybe irritated/upset about the "tiff", lack of focus, because of that? Somehow I keep on thinking about the Love Park.....don't ask me why. Just speculation. And then of course the question, was it her driving when her car was spotted by the traffic cam?

eta

Last edited:
Thank you for your local sketch of the traffic situation over there. To be honest I would have panicked at least a little bit, not knowing my way around in the city, maybe a little disorientated. Tired, maybe irritated/upset about the "tiff", lack of focus, because of that? Somehow I keep on thinking about the Love Park.....don't ask me why. Just speculation. And then of course the question, was it her driving when her car was spotted by the traffic cam?

eta

Same thought @Bit of hope . Who is driving? That's why I'm wondering exactly where she was parked? Not just that area, but all parts of the city at that hour the wanderers who do their business at night are looking for one last thing no matter what it is.

Love Park isn't far at all from there, but not in Chinatown. If she got on the Vine she didn't go towards Love Park.

Again there's been crimes committed in that area that wind up having to do with St. John's Hospice and other places.

A young lady should be able to go out with friends. Leave early if she wants to, and make it home safe. You need your head on.a swivel constantly ! Sadly.

A young lady should be able to go out with friends. Leave early if she wants to, and make it home safe. You need your head on.a swivel constantly ! Sadly.

I totally agree! I lived in Amsterdam and visiting now on a regular basis, going out (before Covid) and a little opening up..shut down again...not at all to compare to Philly, but the principle is the same....you have to be alert all the time....and I really believe in the goodness of people.....I tell my son this all the time....beware of the potential danger. If you drink to much you loosing your very fine, tuned in intuition.

Prayers.
Being missing from 12th and Vine though...which side? Was that ever stated? There are sort of 2 Vine Sts as they each parallel Vine Street Expressway on both sides and you have to go one direction or the other. When driving, one way leads to 95 and the other way towards the Art Museum and Schuylkill Expressway. And yes it is a mess right now all over with construction and detours...normally a bit confusing normally.

Was she walking to get her parked car somewhere? 12th St. leads one way into Center City by the Convention Center with many parking garages.

Probably not too much foot or vehicle traffic at 5:30am. JMO

Prayers.
Yeah. If she missed the early on ramp to 95 she would have been forced to drive a very long way through side streets and industrial areas under the highway to get to a northbound exit. It is tough when you aren't tired at 5:30 am.

Being missing from 12th and Vine though...which side? Was that ever stated? There are sort of 2 Vine Sts as they each parallel Vine Street Expressway on both sides and you have to go one direction or the other. When driving, one way leads to 95 and the other way towards the Art Museum and Schuylkill Expressway. And yes it is a mess right now all over with construction and detours...normally a bit confusing normally.

Was she walking to get her parked car somewhere? 12th St. leads one way into Center City by the Convention Center with many parking garages.

Probably not too much foot or vehicle traffic at 5:30am. JMO

No @zecats it wasn't stated which side. In fact one of the first things I asked did her friend live by "the skinny house".

Walking under those overpasses is scarry let alone driving around IF that's what happened. I'm at Jeff in town often. One day I walked to Penn Herbs. Decided from there to walk to Fishtown. Kept walking through NOLIBS up towards Spring Garden, Vine. Nope! Never again.

Trying to find the story of the girl in Chinatown opening business for the morning and guy from St. John's walked in. Too horrible to say when Cassandra is missing.

Oh, yeah these parking garages. Scarry business. Especially up on Spring Garden.

Sorry for long post. Thanks everyone for helping. Also hope her family isn't flooded up there on top of this. Bristol is real bad my neighbor said.

The nice thing about the "guarded" parking lots is that it concentrates all the cars in one place so the lot managers friends can go break into them without having to walk up and down the streets.

I live here in Philly. I am shocked there is not more news coverage on our local "news" stations. i can attest that bad things do happen in Philadelphia, especially as of late. Philly is so sketchy anymore. As other posters stated, I95 is right there. I do wonder where she did park though. Philly has a lot of ppl around there with many social determinants of health. I do think this is something more than her just getting lost, which is very unfortunate.

Another Philly local here. With LE involved I assume they have checked hospitals, etc in case she did have a bad reaction with her meds, etc.
I also assume that LE is using all camera resources, etc at their disposal. Philly does have a program where residents can register their personal cams into ppd’s system so that if a crime occurs in an area they are better able to reach out for footage.
SafeCam - Philadelphia Police Department
That combined with all the traffic cams and other cams in the area hopefully will lead to more clues about her whereabouts.
I will also agree that a wrong turn, even though I think she knew the area (being a student, etc), is quite easy to make and depending on which way could lead to some not so great areas of the city.
I have had similar late nights/early mornings in Philly and that is one of the quieter times to be out but it is also a city so there are always some people out an about. She was just out having a good time with friends, unfortunate that it has now turned into what I can only imagine is a nightmare.
I am not as familiar with the bucks county location she was headed to but know some of those roads in bucks are full of blind turns with woods on both sides…I pause at assuming an unseen accident, just brainstorming a bit here.
Her family, friends, and boyfriend were all featured on the cbs story linked above and while it’s always hard to assume someone’s mindset, she does seem to enjoy her work and is close to her family so jmho I don’t feel this is a voluntary disappearance.

The nice thing about the "guarded" parking lots is that it concentrates all the cars in one place so the lot managers friends can go break into them without having to walk up and down the streets.

Yeah no handle flipping there.

We need to know where she parked.

Oh @InspectGadget you're right. Maybe Casey got up to Bucks.

Yes, the city at 5:30Am can be lovely depending where you are. I've taken the El in summer at that hour. Hate waking friends. On weekends at Front&Girard? Pimps looking for a last trick for their "girl". Addicts coming down wanting more whatever. Suburban kids who were so drunk they passed out, got robbed of everything including shoes. Arrive at Bridge/Pratt ya put on your Bridge/Pratt face.

Love our city. Just wish our young people could always be safe.

JUL 15, 2021
Temple University Student Vanishes in Philadelphia; Police Recover Phone but no Sign of Missing Woman or Her Car – Crime Online
As CBS Philadelphia reports, police recovered Johnston’s phone from near that location, but there has been no sign of her or her car for several days.

‘This Is Not Like Casey At All’: Cassandra Johnston’s Loved Ones Holding On To Hope After Her Disappearance – CBS Philly (cbslocal.com)
[...]

Johnson reportedly has bipolar disorder, and her mother Carolann does not believe she had her medication with her. Beyond that her mother does not believe anything was troubling Cassandra.

“She was upbeat and fine, didn’t seem like there was anything wrong with her,” Carolann told the news station.

[...]

26-Year-Old Woman Fatally Shot In West Philadelphia, Police Say – CBS Philly (cbslocal.com)
The woman is not named in the article but same age as Casey... ? :(

I was at 12th and Vine today, there isn’t a single poster or sign for her, nothing. It’s not that hard to accidentally cross the bridge to Camden from there if you get in the wrong lane on Race. I worry imagining her when she suddenly sees she’s lost, pulls over, reaches for her phone which she realizes she doesn’t have as it was reportedly found on the ground near where she parked. I also hate that shady Days Inn on the 1200 block of Race. Where are you Casey?

The Fox29 news on page 1 says that she also has mental health issues, do we know exactly what were they? I don't think you'd know, i'm just curious.
Bipolar is what I've read (somewhere), and I'm looking for a link now.
‘This Is Not Like Casey At All’: Cassandra Johnston’s Loved Ones Holding On To Hope After Her Disappearance – CBS Philly (cbslocal.com)
Johnson reportedly has bipolar disorder, and her mother Carolann does not believe she had her medication with her. Beyond that her mother does not believe anything was troubling Cassandra.

In the FOX29 video on page 1 the reporter says Casey lost her phone. Did she lose it while they were out? Before? Seems super coincidental that she loses her phone and then disappears with no way to track her.

If Casey lost the phone while they were out, she wouldn't be able to 1. get directions when leaving the friend's apartment, and 2. text or call someone if there was a disagreement between the friends prior to her leaving.

I imagine she might call her boyfriend or sister if an altercation occurred that was bad enough to make her leave the friend's apartment, but she of course couldn't do this if her phone was already lost at this point

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back