SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some research too & could explain why first responder thought scene was secure. All just speculation & don’t want to drag names in. “My head is spinning” now.
Can you share your theory for why they thought the scene was secure?

I agree with the assessment that there is more than one Gibson connected to the family. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you share your theory for why they thought the scene was secure?

I agree with the assessment that there is more than one Gibson connected to the family. <modsnip>
Just what was said earlier that someone else was there with AM. Maybe had security/training and they had time to make sure scene was safe. I’ve wondered if the M’s had some kind of private security at night. If PM was back in town & had gotten threats, I’d be scared to stay out in the boonies with him. But, if AM did get a message, maybe he called someone else.

I know someone mentioned the fantastic Pat Conroy earlier in the thread. Did you know Conroy had written about the Murdaugh's in his memoir, The Death of Santini: The Story of a Father and his Son? (An excellent book if you have not read it yet.)

:D

I know someone mentioned the fantastic Pat Conroy earlier in the thread. Did you know Conroy had written about the Murdaugh's in his memoir, The Death of Santini: The Story of a Father and his Son? (An excellent book if you have not read it yet.)

Just found that an interesting little tidbit. :D

That adds yet another tabloid twist to this plot. Not in the way of real correlation just for the sake of mystery.

@swedeheart great find!!

I think we can all agree that SOMETHING is being covered up by LE here. The question is - why?
Because it involves the Murdaugh family (that's an obvious no-brainer) and SLED doesn't want the public to misconstrue the facts of the incident. (Paraphrasing a tad but pretty much what SLED said about revealing certain things redacted).

That isn't the only "Gibson" in the Murdaugh orbit.

The Murdaugh's were reportedly not staying at their Hampton home at 515 Holly St E. If you pull up that address on a satellite map, you can see that house and a few others are on sizable (1 acre or more) town properties which all adjoin a large, central wooded area on the east end of the town of Hampton.

A person with a curious bent of mind can use Spokeo.com ("Who lives on ____ St?") to identify the names of the residents of the other homes on large properties which adjoin those woods and which are in the "500" block (i.e., homes with addresses like 5xx Jackson St E - the north side of those woods - as well as those like 5xx Holly St E - the south side of those woods). That information is publicly available. One of those homes recently sold on 5/18/21.

So if this Gibson was a close neighbor or a former close neighbor, perhaps it would be someone PM or MM might have called for help if a need arose when AM was too far away and in the middle of taking his father to the hospital? Or, if not that, perhaps it would be someone AM took with him when he went to Moselle if he had been trying to reach PM and MM by phone without success and was concerned and didn't want to go without help along.

I agree with you that "Gibson 27" likely means LE had an interest in a person with that last name for some reason or that person was some kind of witness (I suspect that 27 might be a background check document and that 29 might be a criminal history check document). However, it could be that it is not the attorney you mention, but is instead someone else named "Gibson" that attached document relates to - the former neighbor being only one such possibility. IMO.

ETA: In any case, best not to go too far down the road with any such assumptions until there is more clarity on the subject - either through LE releases or MSM.

Appears the holly st home was sold.

Rumors swirl about double homicide involving SC law family. Some details begin to emerge.

June 9,2021
Snipped

Moseley had helped construct Alex Murdaugh’s house on Holly Street in Hampton, which was sold last April.

That is sooo cool. I love Pat Conroy!!

This family knew everyone around including first responders. I’m thinking AM couldn’t get PM or MM on the phone to tell them he was on way home. Thinking something wrong with all the stuff going on with PM, he called someone experienced to meet him at the Lodge. They sure have the 9:00-9:30 timeline down. LE knows there is enough speculation of special treatment already.

This family knew everyone around including first responders. I’m thinking AM couldn’t get PM or MM on the phone to tell them he was on way home. Thinking something wrong with all the stuff going on with PM, he called someone experienced to meet him at the Lodge. They sure have the 9:00-9:30 timeline down. LE knows there is enough speculation of special treatment already.

I have had the same thought bout texted between them. I would imagine AM was in contact with MM about RM’s condition and when he left. Maybe how far out he was from home. May have even got a text about hearing gun shot from one of them and asked LE to do a drive by. Jmo

I have wondered if one was shot close to 9 and the other 9:30.

Jmo

Yes, that’s true.

This is small town living….and over generations.

The M brothers grew up and seemingly went to the local public schools…and probably had childhood friends across a wide social spectrum. I’m betting they have a very wide cross section of friends, not just of the Yacht Club variety….guys they played on teams with, or families they went to church with. They were job creators too, and brought income to this rural area. There was a lot to like.

Over the generations, they might NEVER had had to step in, in such a public way, for a family member…as they allegedly did for PM. Maybe the power, influence, etc that was there for generations, never was used except to benefit the entire community. But dealing with issues that began to swirl around the sons of AM…starting with the SS investigation…began to require a different approach, in my opinion.

This is all supposition of course.

After the boat crash, being focused on saving PM from a jail sentence, IMO, was paramount to the family, which it would be. They might not have realized that rumors were building and some people in the area were now seeing that the M family member in trouble…didn’t seem to be treated , ALLEGEDLY, as they might have been in the same situation. PM’s behavior, or “Timmy’s” behavior in the community at large could have exacerbated the situation, which RM4 admitted somewhat in the interview…about attitudes changing among ‘people that didn’t know PM.”

Now, all that has gone before, could complicate perceptions of this crime. But any special handling of information would as well, IMO.

It’s a mess.

Someone probably talked to either MM or PM right before 9pm? Or someone saw them turn onto their road to their property at that time, if they were themselves coming back from seeing the grandfather?

I have had the same thought bout texted between them. I would imagine AM was in contact with MM about RM’s condition and when he left. Maybe how far out he was from home. May have even got a text about hearing gun shot from one of them and asked LE to do a drive by. Jmo

Jmo
Ohhhh good thought process!

Jmo
A lot of those SUV's have Onstar calling installed or some type of that service.

Yes, that’s true.

This is small town living….and over generations.

The M brothers grew up and seemingly went to the local public schools…and probably had childhood friends across a wide social spectrum. I’m betting they have a very wide cross section of friends, not just of the Yacht Club variety….guys they played on teams with, or families they went to church with. They were job creators too, and brought income to this rural area. There was a lot to like.

Over the generations, they might NEVER had had to step in, in such a public way, for a family member…as they allegedly did for PM. Maybe the power, influence, etc that was there for generations, never was used except to benefit the entire community. But dealing with issues that began to swirl around the sons of AM…starting with the SS investigation…began to require a different approach, in my opinion.

This is all supposition of course.

After the boat crash, being focused on saving PM from a jail sentence, IMO, was paramount to the family, which it would be. They might not have realized that rumors were building and some people in the area were now seeing that the M family member in trouble…didn’t seem to be treated , ALLEGEDLY, as they might have been in the same situation. PM’s behavior, or “Timmy’s” behavior in the community at large could have exacerbated the situation, which RM4 admitted somewhat in the interview…about attitudes changing among ‘people that didn’t know PM.”

Now, all that has gone before, could complicate perceptions of this crime. But any special handling of information would as well, IMO.

It’s a mess.
What struck me in this article was the Hampton shop owner saying,

"Patricia Moore, owner of Spinbad Church Supply in Hampton, said that Murdaugh is a powerful name in town.

“Scary family,” Moore said. “Everyone is scared of them.”

Although Moore felt the Murdaugh family was intimidating, she hoped the police would find out who killed Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

“Regardless of what the family is like, they did not deserve to die like that,” Moore said."

Rumors swirl about double homicide involving SC law family. Some details begin to emerge.

A possible witness to the homicides? So this person doesn't know if they saw two people get gunned down?

Theres been some weird stuff being said here lately. I personally believe they're trying to soften us up a bit so that when all this comes out it won't seem like such a bombshell.
I think 'possible witness' may have been someone that had seen an unusual vehicle or person(s) entering, or on the property, but they haven't determined who the vehicle/person(s) are and if they were supposed to be there. Just a guess.

Because it involves the Murdaugh family (that's an obvious no-brainer) and SLED doesn't want the public to misconstrue the facts of the incident. (Paraphrasing a tad but pretty much what SLED said about revealing certain things redacted).

Yes & also SLED might be attempting to be meticulous about procedures and protecting evidence because of the M family's connection to the case. SLED realizes the legal powers of this family. In my opinion, this would make SLED extra cautious about their handling of the case to protect any case they are building. If the suspect(s) end up being directly connected to the family or to a different powerful family, the eventual court case could be insanely challenging to prosecute....so meticulous handling of the evidence and such would be best. Just my thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie