CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^bbm

The family has since had to seek help from the court to see the children after LM refused them any access to the grandchildren. No further report on the status of their petition. MOO
*If* there is an arrest, who gets custody of the children, his parents?! If that's the case, I think given the current trend, Maricris still wouldn't be able to see them. I sure hope this wouldn't be the case. Given what we say via the news report (where LM's father made thoughtless remarks about Maya in front of the children), I would hope the courts would be sensible in who would get custody?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Parents of missing mother Maya Millete face long wait for visitation with grandkids | cbs8.com (video link)

"A mandatory mediation conference with Family Court Services is scheduled for all parties in the case on August 3."

"It remains to be seen whether Larry Millete will be served the court’s notice in advance of the mediation conference."

WATCH: Family law attorney Anton Georghiou extended interview clips.

BBM

Do you all want me to keep track of this hearing?

*If* there is an arrest, who gets custody of the children, his parents?! If that's the case, I think given the current trend, Maricris still wouldn't be able to see them. I sure hope this wouldn't be the case. Given what we say via the news report (where LM's father made thoughtless remarks about Maya in front of the children), I would hope the courts would be sensible in who would get custody?

i think those public statements, plus the fact the dad was arrested for disappearing mom (if/when it happens) would work in their favor.

The video attached the most recent article:

FFS. No grandparents should be kept from their grandchildren (and vice versa) for a freaking year, especially considering the circumstances. It's a disservice to all (except Larry). Makes me furious.

The video attached the most recent article:

FFS. No grandparents should be kept from their grandchildren (and vice versa) for a freaking year, especially considering the circumstances. It's a disservice to all (except Larry). Makes me furious.

This is his biggest problem and he will fight this tooth and nail. He cannot lose control of the children. They can sink his ship!

This will create some very serious stress.

If he loses I can see him grabbing the kids and running or worse.

The charade is over for LM if Maya’s family gets visitation.

MOO

I can tell you from experience, possession is 9/10 of the law in custody battles with Grandparents. Even if there are issues with the Grandparent who have the children they will try to solve those issues before uprooting the children. By the time they get to court if all remains calm in the childrens arrangements the Judge usually leaves them in place. On a good note if both parents are missing/incarcerated then Grandparents rights come into play and the court should allow visits with the other set of Grandparents. I'm speaking of what I know happens in Fl. I would hope in other states that this is a possibility. Moo

This is his biggest problem and he will fight this tooth and nail. He cannot lose control of the children. They can sink his ship!

This will create some very serious stress.

If he loses I can see him grabbing the kids and running or worse.

The charade is over for LM if Maya’s family gets visitation.

MOO
You nailed it in this post. To clarify-the Grandparents are only asking for visitation, not custody- correct?

If things continue without any charges being brought against LM (other than the gun restraining order), is he free to travel outside the U.S.?

Very good question. I'd like to know the answer to that myself.

All I know is that when it appeared that Barry Morphew might be getting ready to run, he was arrested.

When it looked like Scott Peterson was going to run, they arrested him.

I have to think that LE, if able, would perhaps go the same route.

MOO

All I know is that when it appeared that Barry Morphew might be getting ready to run, he was arrested.

MOO
Let us speculate that LE has any unnamed, but highly suspicious POI under surveillance/tracking to quickly execute a similar maneuver should it be necessary. Given all the planning time LE has afforded the subject in question, I'm not so sure. I continue to be concerned about the children in that home.

All this being said, after months of MM missing, and despite all the warrants and searches, LE has *not* proclaimed LM as a POI. As such, he is free as a bird, and can continue to handle his affairs as he sees fit, and those of his children. He is well within his rights to do so, given his current status.

I know it's easy to sit in the armchair and judge. But I can't help but wonder how this case has gone on as long as it has, and with three little kids in the eye of the storm. I have never seen a case where there is allegedly as much evidence of a smoking gun. I must be missing something.

All of the above is amateur opinion and speculation. No one, including LM has been named a suspect, or even a POI. As such, I must be wrong about my speculations or there certainly would have been an arrest by now with all the activity and forensic analysis that has transpired?

MOO
The thought he may be a flight risk has got to be on LE's mind. Like in the other cases you cite, I hope action is taken well before he has that opportunity. Do we suspect he may be under 24 hour surveillance {really hope so}?

Here's some of the reasoning going surrounding this issue.

SD city attorney wants Larry Millete records kept secret | cbs8.com
"San Diego City Attorney, Mara Elliott, has been the go-to authority on gun violence restraining orders (GVROs) in San Diego County and across California.

In fact, last year, 37% of all GVROs in the state were issued in San Diego County, most with the assistance of Elliott's office.

“We want legitimacy in this program. We want people to trust and believe in it,” said Elliott during a news conference at SDPD headquarters on Tuesday.

Flanked by the state Attorney General, Rob Bonta, and San Diego Police Chief, David Nisleit, Elliott explained how her office works with law enforcement and the courts to get gun violence restraining orders issued.

“We trained all the judges, and they were 100 percent on board,” said Elliott.

“We have to have evidence and we have to convince a judge that there is a reason for a gun violence restraining order to be issued,” Elliott said.

Two months ago, police officers served a GVRO on Larry Millete, the husband of missing mother, Maya Millete.

When officers seized Larry Millete's entire gun collection on May 7, the case immediately became one of the most high-profile gun violence restraining orders in the county.

Even so, court records and photographs detailing why Millete's guns were taken remain sealed or redacted, at the request of the San Diego City Attorney’s office.

Attorney Matthew Halgren is representing News 8 in a newly-filed court motion, requesting the entire gun violence restraining order against Larry Millete be made public."

animated-bird-image-0361.gif
Interview video with Maricris Drouaillet (May's sister) and TeamMaya search volunteer Manita Hurt joined KUSI to talk about the latest update.
Latest update on missing Chula Vista mother, Maya Millete - (kusi.com)
Posted: July 16, 2021 by KUSI Newsroom

Also
animated-bird-image-0085.gif

There's searches planned and they're meeting at the gun club this Saturday and Sunday. Prayers for the family and all searchers for their continued faith and strength, Finding Maya is the #1 priority to further this case along.

SD city attorney wants Larry Millete records kept secret | cbs8.com
"Meanwhile, the search for Maya Millete continues this weekend. Volunteers will meet at 7 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday in the area of the
South Bay Rod and Gun Club on eastern Otay Mountain."

"The meetup address is 1020 Marron Valley Road, Dulzura, CA."

Last edited:
^^^ Thanks @swedeheart for the video of the search. Bless Maya's family and all those dedicated searchers. It's a huge endeavor in that vast countryside. It must have been so hot out there. I'm glad they had some drones searching too. What a shame that there's no clues as to where to search. MOO, Maya's children are probably being told she ran off and left them, told this on a constant basis. This has been going on for six months! It's exhausting! Heartbreaking. Please we need some divine intervention to shine light so Maya can be found. The unshakeable faith of Maya's Family is incredible. Please add your prayers asking that Maya is found soon.

These are my own thoughts and opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members