FL FL - Lauren Brittney Dumolo, 29, Cape Coral, 19 Jun 2020

The Unsolved Disappearance of Lauren Dumolo

Cassie admits she didn’t know Gabby that well, and Lauren’s father Paul said he hadn’t met him before.

Around 11:00 that night, Gabby would call Lauren’s father Paul, who lived in California with his wife, Tracy. Lauren was his first born, and Paul was concerned, but told Gabby to keep him informed and they would see if she would turn up or if they would hear from her. Paul said he had never met Gabriel before and the call seemed out of the blue.

That call took place Friday night.

This question then comes to mind:
Is it common to have someone’s phone number in your contacts or kept somewhere if you don’t really know them or have never met them?

The Unsolved Disappearance of Lauren Dumolo

Cassie admits she didn’t know Gabby that well, and Lauren’s father Paul said he hadn’t met him before.

Around 11:00 that night, Gabby would call Lauren’s father Paul, who lived in California with his wife, Tracy. Lauren was his first born, and Paul was concerned, but told Gabby to keep him informed and they would see if she would turn up or if they would hear from her. Paul said he had never met Gabriel before and the call seemed out of the blue.

That call took place Friday night.

This question then comes to mind:
Is it common to have someone’s phone number in your contacts or kept somewhere if you don’t really know them or have never met them?
I think in this instance, it would be expected to have her family’s phone number. They were together for quite awhile if I remember right. Living so far away and not having the resources to visit doesn’t surprise me either.

I think in this instance, it would be expected to have her family’s phone number. They were together for quite awhile if I remember right. Living so far away and not having the resources to visit doesn’t surprise me either.

Hmm I dunno, if he'd never met or spoke to him before I still find it a bit strange.

I stumbled across this case a few months ago and started delving into it. I really hope we will get closure soon. All love and support to her family and friends.
@Kites , have you been able to uncover anything in your recent delve into the case? Your fresh eyes might have noticed something we haven't!

I am listening to the podcast now and my heart is so broken for Lauren and her family. IMO this is a domestic violence case. I speculate that Gabby harmed Lauren, related to her pregnancy, the other alleged partner, her mental health, a combination of these or all of the above

I am especially heartbroken because Lauren fought so hard for so long to overcome so many challenges in her life. It seems like all the cards were constantly stacked against her, yet she always remained so resilient and hopeful

I can't believe Lauren could even hold herself together while working minimum wage jobs or less ($5/hr for waitresses/waiters) while battling a severe drug addiction, losing custody of her daughter, an unplanned pregnancy, suffering major mental health crisis, and many, many more traumas

Lauren fought incessantly against so many symptoms of poverty. She deserved so much more safety and stability

Last edited:
I am listening to the podcast now and my heart is so broken for Lauren and her family. IMO this is a domestic violence case. I speculate that Gabby harmed Lauren, related to her pregnancy,...

SBM BBM
Are you suggesting that Gabby did not want her to have an abortion? Do you have some information to support this or just a WAG?

SBM BBM
Are you suggesting that Gabby did not want her to have an abortion? Do you have some information to support this or just a WAG?
If he were pro life, then by logic he wouldn’t take Lauren’s life, right? Wouldn’t it make more sense that he was possibly enraged by there being another partner? Thoughts anyone?

If he were pro life, then by logic he wouldn’t take Lauren’s life, right? Wouldn’t it make more sense that he was possibly enraged by there being another partner? Thoughts anyone?

That makes sense. He knew she had an abortion and knew/suspected that he hadn't been the one to impregnate her. Good call.

You can definitely be anti-choice and be murderous and violent as well (not saying he is any of the above) think of religious and violent attacks on planned parenthood etc.

With that said however, I believe that if someone would be angered by such an act it might be more of a relationship betrayal and perception of disrespect and complete loss of control, which in an abusive situation might push things over the edge in the mind of the abuser.
Moo

To clarify my speculation, IMO he may have harmed her because he thought she became pregnant by the other man she was allegedly involved with, not because of any religious convictions or his stance on abortion

Last edited:
You can definitely be anti-choice and be murderous and violent as well (not saying he is any of the above) think of religious and violent attacks on planned parenthood etc.

With that said however, I believe that if someone would be angered by such an act it might be more of a relationship betrayal and perception of disrespect and complete loss of control, which in an abusive situation might push things over the edge in the mind of the abuser.
Moo
Good points here. It doesn’t seem to be an issue of “choice” since everyone agreed beforehand and he didn’t even show up to go with her or stop her from going. His alleged abuse of Lauren after the abortion seems IMO like a payback for any humiliation and inconvenience he was caused.

To clarify my speculation, IMO he may have harmed her because he thought she became pregnant by the other man she was allegedly involved with, not because of any religious convictions or his stance on abortion
. Totally agree-IMO If he had any stance he would have gone with her or stopped her from going.

IMO this was less an issue of “choice” and more an issue of machismo. I hate to use that word but to me it best sums up all the emotions he may have been feeling when he allegedly physically abused Lauren afterward.

I question whether Lauren’s conversation with the maintenance man ever occurred, or if it did, perhaps it was on the 18th rather than the 19th. How reliable a source can Tim the maintenance guy be - when it has now been discovered that years earlier he lived near Gabi up in WI - and that he has a criminal record? Did Gabi and Tim know each other?

Because of my doubts re: the conversation with the maintenance man (Tim) I am beginning to wonder whether Lauren was ever actually seen after the 18th. Was she even alive at 6 am on the 19th as Gabi has suggested?

Jmo

I question whether Lauren’s conversation with the maintenance man ever occurred, or if it did, perhaps it was on the 18th rather than the 19th. How reliable a source can Tim the maintenance guy be - when it has now been discovered that years earlier he lived near Gabi up in WI - and that he has a criminal record? Did Gabi and Tim know each other?

Because of my doubts re: the conversation with the maintenance man (Tim) I am beginning to wonder whether Lauren was ever actually seen after the 18th. Was she even alive at 6 am on the 19th as Gabi has suggested?

Jmo
Yes, this is a BIG question in the timeline. Everything should be questioned. The facts are that she is seen on cameras, her whereabouts verifiable through technology on June 18, 2020. On June 19, there is nothing to confirm her whereabouts except individuals. There is one ping in her apartment from her phone, but even that does not confirm it's her using her own phone.

Lauren Brittney Dumolo – The Charley Project

Lauren has been added to The Charley Project!

Casefile added August 9, 2021

Lauren Brittney Dumolo
  • dumolo_lauren.jpg
  • dumolo_lauren2.jpg
  • dumolo_lauren3.jpg

• Medical Conditions: In the days before Dumolo disappeared, she was involuntarily hospitalized twice because she was hearing voices and believed people were after her. She was released from the hospital the last time on June 18, the day before she went missing. She had no prior history of mental health problems, but her sister thinks her issues may have been caused by emotional trauma due to a recent abortion.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Dumolo has several tattoos, including the word "Namaste" in black ink down her side, the letters "NY" in her pelvic area, an Om symbol on the inside of her wrist, rosary beads on her ankle. Photos of some of her tattoos are posted with this case summary. Her ears and nose are pierced. Her hair is naturally light brown and was dyed blonde at the time of her disappearance, with darker roots showing.

Details of Disappearance
Dumolo was last seen at her residence in the 4900 block of Coronado Parkway in Cape Coral, Florida on June 19, 2020. Her boyfriend, Gabriel Pena, saw her before he went to work at around 6:00 a.m.

Dumolo, or someone using her phone, made a Facebook Video call to Pena's phone between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m., but he didn't answer.

This is the last sign of her.

She left her cellular phone behind at the apartment and has never been heard from again.

That same day, her purse was found at Four Freedoms Park in the 4800 block of Tarpon Court, where she often went to meditate. She didn't have a car or driver's license, but the park was just a six-minute walk from her apartment.

On July 2, Dumolo's shirt was found by the waterline at the park. The park had been previously searched multiple times and the shirt had not been seen then; it's possible it was planted there.

Dumolo is considered an endangered missing person. Prior to her disappearance, she had filled out multiple job applications and paid her rent in full, which would not make sense if she were planning to leave.

She left behind a young daughter, who was not living with her at the time of her disappearance.

Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
Source Information

Lauren Brittney Dumolo
  • dumolo_lauren.jpg
  • dumolo_lauren2.jpg
  • dumolo_lauren3.jpg
  • Medical Conditions: In the days before Dumolo disappeared, she was involuntarily hospitalized twice because she was hearing voices and believed people were after her. She was released from the hospital the last time on June 18, the day before she went missing. She had no prior history of mental health problems, but her sister thinks her issues may have been caused by emotional trauma due to a recent abortion.
Snipped respectfully.
As far as I'm aware this is brand new information for us all?
Poor, poor Lauren.
I used to think someone close to her had something to do with it. Now I'm getting similar vibes to this case:
Missing woman made confused 911 calls prior to disappearance, police say

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member