SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that video I had never seen. Not that it’s different than we’ve heard. Just shocking to see it.

Well, unfortunately you can't rewind to see the segment. It will be uploaded on his channel after he is finished with his live stream in a couple of hours. Hoping the DM will pick it up soon.

(Sorry, mod. I couldn't find anyone online to ask if that particular vid was aloud, since Gray was discussing it).

Alex Murdaugh told the S.C. Law Enforcement Division that he had been visiting his sick father, Randolph III, in the hospital in Savannah and returned to his family’s rural estate in Colleton County to find his wife, Maggie, and youngest son Paul killed.

Murdaugh slayings: Two killed in prominent Hampton, SC family

Snipped

Four days later, his grandfather, a prominent attorney and prosecutor, dies of apparent natural causes at his home in Hampton County.

Murdaugh slayings: Two killed in prominent Hampton, SC family

This is a great bit of brainstorming. I’m trying to remember where we got this chronology of AM’s movements, and to my knowledge, it came from the prologue to the ABC interview, where the reporter recounts AM’s movements…apparently according to what the brothers told her. I don’t think LE has every confirmed this. Took Dad to hospital, visited Mom, came home to find the bodies. But we have no idea how long the intervals were in between.

He could have been called for help at work, which would make more sense distance wise. Visited Mom and come home directly to the house. He could have bern there for hours. Maybe he talked to MM before 9pm and expected them home shortly. Maybe he headed to the kennels to exercise the dogs like his brother was doing…and found the bodies.
I am more and more beginning to look at this scenario. It could explain LE reacting to ensure"the general public wouldn't misconstrue."

After watching and rewatching that video-- I feel drugs and personal vendetta was in play.

As were AM's bros doing the TV interview. It's what they do.
Yeah, we don’t have any enemies. No one would want to hurt Paul. He’s lovely. I do wonder if any of the other Murdaugh family members were tired of PM’s shenanigans. He was dragging the family down. With PM constantly getting in more trouble, all the secrets kept coming back up. Did AM’s siblings have children causing trouble? And the line in PM’s obit that “he never met a stranger” really got to me. That is something usually said about an older person-PM was a kid. Looked like a 14 yr old in that bar. Was that statement a hint that PM knew his killer? To me, it would be too obvious to be connected directly to the boat crash. That’s why it might be an opportune time for someone with a grudge to hit out at the family.
By the papers released about the investigation in boat crash, the coverup is worse than I even thought. These kids learned a hard lesson about who you hang around. Doesn’t matter how much money they have. I’m so glad the civil suit was filed & CC’s issues have come out.
And PM’s phone would show whether there was a drug deal at the bar. Oh yeah, no PM’s phone-did they get phone records? I don’t think drug deal. I think that was PM when drunk. Didn’t need drug help to act like that according to his friends.
I know I’m all over the place, but after reading these things, I don’t think we’ll find out what really happened June 7th.
JMOO

Like one big happy family.

Jmo

According to John Marvin Murdaugh, the reason he invited a large group of law enforcement officers to his family's sprawling hunting compound on the outskirts of Varnville last Saturday was simple; to give back to officers who give their all to protect and serve the communities in which they are employed.

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Landowner gives back to boys in blue

Yeah, we don’t have any enemies. No one would want to hurt Paul. He’s lovely. I do wonder if any of the other Murdaugh family members were tired of PM’s shenanigans. He was dragging the family down. With PM constantly getting in more trouble, all the secrets kept coming back up. Did AM’s siblings have children causing trouble? And the line in PM’s obit that “he never met a stranger” really got to me. That is something usually said about an older person-PM was a kid. Looked like a 14 yr old in that bar. Was that statement a hint that PM knew his killer? To me, it would be too obvious to be connected directly to the boat crash. That’s why it might be an opportune time for someone with a grudge to hit out at the family.
By the papers released about the investigation in boat crash, the coverup is worse than I even thought. These kids learned a hard lesson about who you hang around. Doesn’t matter how much money they have. I’m so glad the civil suit was filed & CC’s issues have come out.
And PM’s phone would show whether there was a drug deal at the bar. Oh yeah, no PM’s phone-did they get phone records? I don’t think drug deal. I think that was PM when drunk. Didn’t need drug help to act like that according to his friends.
I know I’m all over the place, but after reading these things, I don’t think we’ll find out what really happened June 7th.
JMOO

That interview was total damage control. Especially that it was so quick considering they didn’t want to contribute to the MB and SS investigation. No sense of urgency for those families at the time.

That interview was total damage control. Especially that it was so quick considering they didn’t want to contribute to the MB and SS investigation. No sense of urgency for those families at the time.
Agreed, what about the online threats, where did these lead? Maybe nowhere but why wouldn't these be looked into when received? The family had plenty of resources. Did PM respond to them? Family Said Paul Murdaugh Received Online Threats Before His Death | PEOPLE.com

Agreed, what about the online threats, where did these lead? Maybe nowhere but why wouldn't these be looked into when received? The family had plenty of resources. Did PM respond to them? Family Said Paul Murdaugh Received Online Threats Before His Death | PEOPLE.com

Were the death threats recent, did they relate to the boating death, were the threats report to police? If not, the threats would have led nowhere.

The family could have hired a private investigator to identify the source of the alleged death threats ... but, were the threats related to the boat death? If not, what were they related to? If it's boating related, are the threats recent?

The murders seem to be a case of taking Justice into your own hands when totally heart broken by injustice ….having given up on the justice system ever fairly doing it for you. I’m not absolving murder , but this is the only case that I understand the murderer’s passion.

Thanks for link, maxwell12

From link

"I didn't think it was a credible threat," Paul's uncle, John Marvin Murdaugh, told ABC News in an interview on Good Morning America. "If it was, I would have tried to do something or notify someone. But, I guess, maybe I made a mistake."

Reading this now sounds as if he knew then it was targeted.

Jmo

The murders seem to be a case of taking Justice into your own hands when totally heart broken by injustice ….having given up on the justice system ever fairly doing it for you. I’m not absolving murder , but this is the only case that I understand the murderer’s passion.

I don't believe that a desire for justice is what drove these murders.

I firmly believe that the motive behind this crime was a financial one.

The murderer's passion was a love of money.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

JMO.

I don't believe that a desire for justice is what drove these murders.

I firmly believe that the motive behind this crime was a financial one.

The murderer's passion was a love of money.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

JMO.
I wondered more and more just which Murdaugh was the target and which the collateral damage.

Like one big happy family.

Jmo

According to John Marvin Murdaugh, the reason he invited a large group of law enforcement officers to his family's sprawling hunting compound on the outskirts of Varnville last Saturday was simple; to give back to officers who give their all to protect and serve the communities in which they are employed.

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Landowner gives back to boys in blue

bbm

Uh huh. Sure it was.

In any senarios that you're considering, are there more than one shooter?

Yes.

My main man, William of Occam, pointed out to me that the simplest explanation for the victims having been shot with 2 completely different weapons is that there were 2 shooters.

I'm sticking with Will on this one.

Having said that, I'm remaining open to the possibility that a single perp may have used two weapons to make it appear as though there were 2 shooters on the scene, i.e., in an effort to misdirect LE.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads