GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms Marsh also said there would be no reason for Scott Walker to murder Bernadette, saying: “The consequences of being convicted for murder are far greater than being convicted of relatively minor sexual offences.”

ScW is not going to be happy with that statement! It rather implies that he definitely would have been convicted for those sexual offences…you know, the ones that BW had made up just to get him out the house…… :rolleyes:

"Ms Marsh also said there would be no reason for Scott Walker to murder Bernadette, saying: “The consequences of being convicted for murder are far greater than being convicted of relatively minor sexual offences.”

Eh?

'I won't murder her/him because of the consequences', said no murderer ever, as he disconnects his phone.
Relatively minor sexual offences? What an absolutely disgusting thing for defence to say!

Whilst I fully believe B is no longer alive, it does bother me that the police did not pursue searching for her further a field during the initial missing persons investigation! - how true is this ? I find it odd!
My brother went missing two years ago for several weeks! He is extremely vulnerable and this was completely out of character (he is a creature of habit), however, he did leave. The police managed to track him down 250 miles from home living on the streets, he did not want to be found. I’m not saying B has done this but why didn’t they look ?

“She is a fit, healthy young lady who one assumes would not succumb easily to being murdered.”

where do they get these lines?

Has made me think though... I mean, she would fight if someone was trying to strangle her. Not heard anything about him being seen with scratches or marks to face or hands.

Whilst I fully believe B is no longer alive, it does bother me that the police did not pursue searching for her further a field during the initial missing persons investigation! - how true is this ? I find it odd!
My brother went missing two years ago for several weeks! He is extremely vulnerable and this was completely out of character (he is a creature of habit), however, he did leave. The police managed to track him down 250 miles from home living on the streets, he did not want to be found. I’m not saying B has done this but why didn’t they look ?

I think the police knew very early on that they were not looking at a runaway case.

I think the police knew very early on that they were not looking at a runaway case.

I guess that is the only explanation. It is frustrating though for her siblings I’d imagine. I think that part in the defence particularly would reinforce their feelings that she could still be out there more than anything else. I wish the defence hadn’t used it, not that I think it amounts to much, but for the concerned family I think it would strike a massive chord.

"Ms Marsh also said there would be no reason for Scott Walker to murder Bernadette, saying: “The consequences of being convicted for murder are far greater than being convicted of relatively minor sexual offences.”

Eh?

'I won't murder her/him because of the consequences', said no murderer ever, as he disconnects his phone.

I actually laughed at that. That’s laughable, but what else can you say when the person answers no comment all year and doesn’t take the stand

i'm 30 minutes away from where Bernadette went missing

its true, she may not be dead....she may have met someone online. a fellow loner/introvert. they may have started a new life together, and Bernadette may look slightly different these days. put on weight?

I wonder if she had links to my town, because theres this girl i see regularly who is very similar looking to Bernadette,and I just can't shake the feeling she could be alive. I've nearly messaged her brother before now to ask a few key questions, as i've had one interaction with this girl. very very unlikely,i realise.

sadly though,ScW behaviour in court speaks volumes. guilty verdict coming his way

The problem with this is she’s left zero fingerprint. No doctors, no contact on friends, no social media, no school, no benefits…no proof she’s alive

Well that report isn’t easy to follow, unless it’s just me!

Anyone else struggle to make sense of this bit:

He said: “She was telling Chris that she (Bernadette) had told her grandparents that all she wanted was for her (Sarah Walker) to believe her (Bernadette) over the abuse allegations.

“We know that is what Bernadette said because we have heard from her grandmother, Julie.

“There is no way she could have known about that unless there was a conversation between her and either the grandmother of Scott - and we know it was not with Julie.”

He said; “When she had received the call from Scott Walker, she told Chris that Bernadette had run away.

Last edited:

I thought Sarah’s defence would also try and convince the jury that B was alive and therefore Sarah couldn’t possibly know! However, I think (reading between the lines) it subtly implies they believe she is dead but Sarah was unaware. Interesting! Does not bode well for ScW, I think this defence is pretty poor (not surprising) and incriminates them both. Good!!

He said: “She was telling Chris that she (Bernadette) had told her grandparents that all she wanted was for her (Sarah Walker) to believe her (Bernadette) over the abuse allegations.

“We know that is what Bernadette said because we have heard from her grandmother, Julie.

“There is no way she could have known about that unless there was a conversation between her and either the grandmother of Scott - and we know it was not with Julie.”

He said; “When she had received the call from Scott Walker, she told Chris that Bernadette had run away.
Yes I have reread that bit a few times and it doesn't make sense at all.

Yes but got there in the end ! She relayed a conversation to Chris with information which she could of only got from either Julie or Scott. Because Julie did not speak with Sarah concerning this, it could of only come from Scott. Which the defence are saying was spoken about during the suspicious phone call (instead of him revealing he had killed her)!

I’m probably not any clearer.

It is not a very strong argument IMO, he could of quite easily relayed that information during that phone call along with anything else. If anything revealing that conversation strengthens their motive, B won’t comply we have/had to go to plan B MOO!

Last edited:
Just spent the last hour looking around the roundabout near the barns garden centre, the woodland next to it is disconnected by the river,with the only way into it being into the main road and round,

I had a good walk in there hoping to find some disturbed land but it looks as though it is used often for parties and such so the whole place looks disturbed if that makes sense!

I also had a look at the abandoned building close to skaters way, very padlocked up and looks secure enough, if ScW was to break in there to dump her body I’m sure whoever owns the land would of reported the break in,

There was a roundabout further up near a farm which was close to the abandoned building, going east there is a small parking area just near the bridge pretty quiet but I wouldn’t say it was completely quiet,

It’s really difficult, I feel a little deflated although it is like finding a needle in a haystack,

I feel sad seeing the reports today regarding not enough evidence, is there a chance that they may not be found guilty?

Just spent the last hour looking around the roundabout near the barns garden centre, the woodland next to it is disconnected by the river,with the only way into it being into the main road and round,

I had a good walk in there hoping to find some disturbed land but it looks as though it is used often for parties and such so the whole place looks disturbed if that makes sense!

I also had a look at the abandoned building close to skaters way, very padlocked up and looks secure enough, if ScW was to break in there to dump her body I’m sure whoever owns the land would of reported the break in,

There was a roundabout further up near a farm which was close to the abandoned building, going east there is a small parking area just near the bridge pretty quiet but I wouldn’t say it was completely quiet,

It’s really difficult, I feel a little deflated although it is like finding a needle in a haystack,

I feel sad seeing the reports today regarding not enough evidence, is there a chance that they may not be found guilty?

Wow, bless you. Thank you for your efforts in looking for B. You must be boiling hot!

Yes needle in a haystack I think, very frustrating. But I guess it feels good to try and do something anyway. I wish I could look too but I am going to wait until after the trial. I don't drive but could join up with an official search or with people I already know in real life or something.

Yes but got there in the end ! She relayed a conversation to Chris with information which she could of only got from either Julie or Scott. Because Julie did not speak with Sarah concerning this, it could of only come from Scott. Which the defence are saying was spoken about during the suspicious phone call (instead of him revealing he had killed her)!

I’m probably not any clearer.

It is not a very strong argument IMO, he could of quite easily relayed that information during that phone call along with anything else. If anything revealing that conversation strengthens their motive, B won’t comply we have/had to go to plan B MOO!
That's what I figured they were trying to say, but they have worded it very badly.
Yours reads a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member