GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spent the last hour looking around the roundabout near the barns garden centre, the woodland next to it is disconnected by the river,with the only way into it being into the main road and round,

I had a good walk in there hoping to find some disturbed land but it looks as though it is used often for parties and such so the whole place looks disturbed if that makes sense!

I also had a look at the abandoned building close to skaters way, very padlocked up and looks secure enough, if ScW was to break in there to dump her body I’m sure whoever owns the land would of reported the break in,

There was a roundabout further up near a farm which was close to the abandoned building, going east there is a small parking area just near the bridge pretty quiet but I wouldn’t say it was completely quiet,

It’s really difficult, I feel a little deflated although it is like finding a needle in a haystack,

I feel sad seeing the reports today regarding not enough evidence, is there a chance that they may not be found guilty?
I don't know how much water Carr Dyke has in it normally but there has recently been severe flooding. Last year, it only rained appreciably on a few occasions in the previous month until the early hours of the 19th.

I thought Sarah’s defence would also try and convince the jury that B was alive and therefore Sarah couldn’t possibly know! However, I think (reading between the lines) it subtly implies they believe she is dead but Sarah was unaware. Interesting! Does not bode well for ScW, I think this defence is pretty poor (not surprising) and incriminates them both. Good!!

this is the only option based on the evidence. Make a big deal out of the web searches and just imply she was nearly there but the police were quicker

Do we know if SaW or ScW have any previous convictions? Is this something, if there was, would be mentioned in court i.e. in prosecution statement to explore character for example? Just like defense has used potential SA to allegations in their statement?

I wouldn't have thought BW could put up much of a fight against ScW, and there are many ways to kill without being scratched.

[Trigger warning]
Yeah, this was a well prepared murder.
He went to the lock up before he picked her up.
He likely lined the car with plastic. He could have came around to her door, simply climbed on top of her in the passanger seat like he was reaching to get something from the back. Then oops, her arms are pinned down with his knees. Then suffocated her with a bag.

Just spent the last hour looking around the roundabout near the barns garden centre, the woodland next to it is disconnected by the river,with the only way into it being into the main road and round,

I had a good walk in there hoping to find some disturbed land but it looks as though it is used often for parties and such so the whole place looks disturbed if that makes sense!

I also had a look at the abandoned building close to skaters way, very padlocked up and looks secure enough, if ScW was to break in there to dump her body I’m sure whoever owns the land would of reported the break in,

There was a roundabout further up near a farm which was close to the abandoned building, going east there is a small parking area just near the bridge pretty quiet but I wouldn’t say it was completely quiet,

It’s really difficult, I feel a little deflated although it is like finding a needle in a haystack,

I feel sad seeing the reports today regarding not enough evidence, is there a chance that they may not be found guilty?

you tried but this is my feelings too. The search area is bigger than some countries and we don’t even have half the story yet!

No convictions known to the public I believe.
But a witness in court said Sarah made allegations of violence from Scott in 2019 to her, and showed her bruising.

Do we know if SaW or ScW have any previous convictions? Is this something, if there was, would be mentioned in court i.e. in prosecution statement to explore character for example? Just like defense has used potential SA to allegations in their statement?

Thank you for searching today - it can’t have been easy.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before! I suffer from memory problems.

Anyone notice the sound SaW used in her last TikTok before BW was last seen? Music with a high pitched chipmunk voice over “Oh you’re with her now, I guess I will have to show you what you’re missing” it’s an original sound by her, not TikTok savvy enough to know if it was a trend? I’m wondering whether she had convinced herself it was consensual rather than abuse?? A ridiculous think to think MOO.

I truly hope neither walk away innocent.

Last edited:
Yes but got there in the end ! She relayed a conversation to Chris with information which she could of only got from either Julie or Scott. Because Julie did not speak with Sarah concerning this, it could of only come from Scott. Which the defence are saying was spoken about during the suspicious phone call (instead of him revealing he had killed her)!

I’m probably not any clearer.

It is not a very strong argument IMO, he could of quite easily relayed that information during that phone call along with anything else. If anything revealing that conversation strengthens their motive, B won’t comply we have/had to go to plan B MOO!
Otherwise known as grasping at straws.

They couldn't go with the defence Scott is using about Bernadette being alive, because of Sarah's statement to police about not believing that. That's why they didn't cross-examine the police officer about efforts to find Bernadette alive. Catch 22 for them, no wonder they kept it short. They say she didn't know at the time she sent the messages, the charges she has denied, but there's no explanation for her not reporting Scott to police when she did 'find out', or for not telling police when Scott was arrested, or for her lying about being asleep in the car.

This is 100% on the money. The mother is in a pickle now. She’s admitted to sending the texts and pretending to be her daughter, and is now trying to make that fit a scenario of not knowing she was dead, doing it for non dodgy reasons (coercion) and not being suspicious. Oh and she needs to explain why she’s always there but never aware when things happen. Good luck!

Thank you for searching today - it can’t have been easy.

thank you! It was boiling, had to drag my partner out so that I wasn’t by myself, definitely felt better than looking on street view,

it made me feel a little more towards the idea that she wasn’t killed in Peterborough, maybe they drove on that road past the barns garden centre, my question is what did he say to BW to convince her to go with him, also I think she would of been suspicious of him getting in that car especially if he was acting nervous and if he had layered any seats with plastic she would of noticed and wouldn’t of gone anywhere out the way with him, it just seems odd to me

Yes needle in a haystack I think, very frustrating. But I guess it feels good to try and do something anyway. I wish I could look too but I am going to wait until after the trial. I don't drive but could join up with an official search or with people I already know in real life or something.

I’m always looking for people to buddy up with! I promise I’m not a weirdo! I just keep having to drag my partner out in the heat at the minute

I don't know how much water Carr Dyke has in it normally but there has recently been severe flooding. Last year, it only rained appreciably on a few occasions in the previous month until the early hours of the 19th.

Is that the stream that runs alongside the a15? I went today and it was very low, looked like it may have been slightly higher past week or two but generally today it looked no more than 3 ft deep, the actual ditch around it is very deep and steep , from the main road to the actual water would be a 15ft drop I imagine,

I just don’t see ScW walking across it if he had Parked near the garden centre, there is no parking for the woodland or surrounding before the stream/river so I can’t see him walking into it without walking past the main road which I don’t think he would have done,

I really am swaying to the idea he went down that road towards the fens, somehow convinced b to come with him, or he did infact strangle her in the car/just outside in them 410 steps and took her towards the fens

thank you! It was boiling, had to drag my partner out so that I wasn’t by myself, definitely felt better than looking on street view,

it made me feel a little more towards the idea that she wasn’t killed in Peterborough, maybe they drove on that road past the barns garden centre, my question is what did he say to BW to convince her to go with him, also I think she would of been suspicious of him getting in that car especially if he was acting nervous and if he had layered any seats with plastic she would of noticed and wouldn’t of gone anywhere out the way with him, it just seems odd to me
Yes, he wouldn't have had time to kill her in Gunthorpe/Peterborough, given that he walked 410 steps at 11:16am and was driving again at 11:23am.

Yes, he wouldn't have had time to kill her in Gunthorpe/Peterborough, given that he walked 410 steps at 11:16am and was driving again at 11:23am.

Definitely! I will have to go over the timeline again and try and pick out where he could have driven to towards the fens, I’m not massively knowledgeable regards the fens, is it specifically around fenland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member