CO CO - Georgia Rohner, 36, Pagosa Springs, 1 July 1986

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Georgia Lee Rohner[/h]
  • georgia_lee_rohner_1.jpg
  • Nickname/Alias Georgia Tomlinson; Georgia Grace
Rohner, circa 1986

• Missing Since 07/01/1986
  • Missing From Pagosa Springs, Colorado
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 08/19/1949 (68)
  • Age 36 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 115 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Rohner was last seen in Pagosa Springs, Colorado sometime in July 1986. She lived there, but worked at a convenience store in Chama, New Mexico.

Her employer, Anthony James Mymern, who went by his middle name, gave conflicting accounts of her disappearance: he stated he'd driven her to the airport so she could fly to California, and also that she'd driven to California on a motorcycle. Rohner has relatives in California.

After her disappearance, Mymern and another person went to her apartment and cleaned out her belongings, including makeup and toiletries.

Mymern shot his estranged wife in Kingman, Arizona in 2001. She survived and he was charged with attempted murder. In January 2002, while awaiting trial, he hanged himself in his jail cell. He remains the prime suspect in Rohner's disappearance. Her case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

http://charleyproject.org/case/georgia-lee-rohner

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25966/

[h=1]Georgia Lee Rohner[/h]
  • georgia_lee_rohner_1.jpg
  • Nickname/Alias Georgia Tomlinson; Georgia Grace
Rohner, circa 1986

• Missing Since 07/01/1986
  • Missing From Pagosa Springs, Colorado
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 08/19/1949 (68)
  • Age 36 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 115 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Rohner was last seen in Pagosa Springs, Colorado sometime in July 1986. She lived there, but worked at a convenience store in Chama, New Mexico.

Her employer, Anthony James Mymern, who went by his middle name, gave conflicting accounts of her disappearance: he stated he'd driven her to the airport so she could fly to California, and also that she'd driven to California on a motorcycle. Rohner has relatives in California.

After her disappearance, Mymern and another person went to her apartment and cleaned out her belongings, including makeup and toiletries.

Mymern shot his estranged wife in Kingman, Arizona in 2001. She survived and he was charged with attempted murder. In January 2002, while awaiting trial, he hanged himself in his jail cell. He remains the prime suspect in Rohner's disappearance. Her case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

http://charleyproject.org/case/georgia-lee-rohner

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25966/

(Woooooowwwwwww.....

Gardener1850, you rock!!)

Looks like there was a search in 2010

http://www.pagosasun.com/archives/2010/10 October/102110/pg1coldcases.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From above:

"No artifacts found during either search have been identified as human by an anthropologist, said Det. George Barter with the Archuleta County Sheriff’s Office, though not all of the artifacts retrieved had been analyzed."

Snip

"Though no obvious clandestine graves or human remains were found during the search that included search dogs and 30-35 volunteers, the area continues to be one of interest to the ACSO in finding Rohner.

While admitting that they were out of leads on the case, Barter and Det. Rich Valdez said they’re not out of options, which may include a more intensive search of the area searched last week.

The two pointed to the interest of the search dogs in the site, though scents diffuse over time.

“I still think that area is definitely an area of interest,” Valdez said. “At some point, there were human remains there,” (though, as Barter pointed out, they could be unrelated and from homesteaders or such."

Snip

"Involved in the searches were the ACSO, Archuleta County Emergency Operations, Dolores K-9 unit, Taos K-9 unit, Coroner Carl Macht, Colorado Mounted Rescue, Colorado Mounted Rangers, and Upper San Juan Search and Rescue.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call Barter at 264-8450 or Valdez at 264-8443."

This report sounds like there was some sort of planned move to CA. I wonder if this came from someone else other than her employer.

https://apps.colorado.gov/apps/coldcase/casedetail.html?id=132

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"About this Case:

Georgia Rohner was reported to have moved to California but never arrived. She was last seen in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, on November 1st, 1986. Ms. Rohner was an employee and associate of a local businessman, James Mymern. Foul play is suspected. Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to please contact the Archuleta County Sheriff's Office."

"About this Case:

Georgia Rohner was reported to have moved to California but never arrived. She was last seen in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, on November 1st, 1986. Ms. Rohner was an employee and associate of a local businessman, James Mymern. Foul play is suspected. Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to please contact the Archuleta County Sheriff's Office."

No, it wasn’t a “planned move to CA”. I am Georgia’s sister and there is no doubt whatsoever that she was killed and her body was disposed of. We need help from the people that knew her where she worked and lived in Pagosa Springs, but we’re too afraid of Mymern to speak up.

No, it wasn’t a “planned move to CA”. I am Georgia’s sister and there is no doubt whatsoever that she was killed and her body was disposed of. We need help from the people that knew her where she worked and lived in Pagosa Springs, but we’re too afraid of Mymern to speak up.
When is the last time someone in the family spoke to her? There are conflicting dates that she was last seen. Is it possible that she could have gone missing in June, 1986?

I wrote in to George Barter today and suggested #UP10746. It was a female skull found in Rio Arriba County, NM not far from Chama and Pagosa Springs. The skull was found 2012, PMI is only noted as years.

It's unlikely but given the relative proximity I think it should be excluded.

I found an article from 23 Oct 1986 and I think y'all might have the same line of thought about where Georgia could also be buried.

Edit: After posting this, I realized I didn't even know if Det. Barter still worked for the Sheriff's office and forwarded yesterday's email plus the newspaper article to Commander Lattin at the Archueleta Sheriff's Office.

Attachments

• Rio_Grande_Sun_1986_10_23_page_17 (1).jpg
    Rio_Grande_Sun_1986_10_23_page_17 (1).jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
6 Unidentified Person Exclusions
(UP6279 is already identified)

1699969055595.jpeg

Just an FYI, the drive between Pagosa Springs, CO and Chama, NM (where Georgia worked) is 42 miles and takes about an hour.
No towns, multiple Forest Service roads take off from the highway.
"About this Case:

Georgia Rohner...was last seen in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, on November 1st, 1986. Ms. Rohner was an employee and associate of a local businessman, James Mymern.
"Associate" is a very odd choice of word here. It usually has criminal connotations, but am I reading too much into it?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back