SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this

Arrests made in arson, armed robbery cases

Michael David List, 40, of 2304 Cross Swamp Road, Islandton, is facing arson charges after previously being arrested on five counts of failure to pay laborers. List appeared before municipal judge John Stanley Thursday for a bond hearing.
According to warrants, List allegedly sprayed flammable liquids on the furniture and the walls of the Murdaugh residence and then attempted to ignite the dwelling.

Thank you for finding this, @Elley Mae!

I thought that 2304 Cross Swamp Road, Islandton sounded familiar. Earlier I was searching for properties for sale near the Murdaugh property at 4147 Moselle Rd.

Mr. List would have been a neighbor of the Murdaughs.

Google Maps

Thank you for finding this, @Elley Mae!

I thought that 2304 Cross Swamp Road, Islandton sounded familiar. Earlier I was searching for properties for sale near the Murdaugh property at 4147 Moselle Rd.

Mr. List would have been a neighbor of the Murdaughs.

Google Maps

Acording to article he had laborers that he didn’t pay, he may have done work at that residence.

Remembering this.

Moseley had helped construct Alex Murdaugh’s house on Holly Street in Hampton, which was sold last April.

Rumors swirl about double homicide involving SC law family. Some details begin to emerge.

Moseley may have been a sub-contractor as well.

BM was on the roster for the varsity baseball and basketball teams at Wade Hampton High School in Hampton County in 2013/14 (his statistics can be found online), so I do believe the boys did attend public school, at least at some points in their education.

Wade Hampton is a public school:
Explore Wade Hampton High School

I had this impression too because of after game driving around with team mates, one night spotting someone who had run out of gas.

How might the timing of this avalanche of Boat crash evidence factor into the murder investigation?

Was this all about to surface anyway as the time for the trial drew closer? Might someone have hoped that the murders could put a stop to all these documents dropping? 0r did the taking of these depositions cause more chatter in the community that intensified anger once again?

Who would be impacted by these revelations? I’m thinking the renewed focus on certain individuals that caused a grand jury to be impaneled. Who might have gone along…to get along…and now found their job on the line? The boat crash reporting is filling the void left by the shut down of any murder info. And if this were a novel, this information would serve as character development essential to understand the tragedy.

But is it…?

I think I did see were charges dropped? Or something to that effect.
Jmo
right. The arson case is on the SC Courts site listed as indicted nolle prosequi - indicted but not prosecuted. Lots of other charges and civil suits against List and he did at least end up on probation though so that may be part of it. If I recall correctly three years probation or something.

How might the timing of this avalanche of Boat crash evidence factor into the murder investigation?

Was this all about to surface anyway as the time for the trial drew closer? Might someone have hoped that the murders could put a stop to all these documents dropping? 0r did the taking of these depositions cause more chatter in the community that intensified anger once again?

Who would be impacted by these revelations? I’m thinking the renewed focus on certain individuals that caused a grand jury to be impaneled. Who might have gone along…to get along…and now found their job on the line? The boat crash reporting is filling the void left by the shut down of any murder info. And if this were a novel, this information would serve as character development essential to understand the tragedy.

But is it…?

Do we need to look again at timing of MM and PM murders and the air-tight alibi?

St. Mary Mead, you pose great questions but I hope you will tell us more about what you are thinking.

Mod Note:

Several posts have been moved to the thread dedicated to Mallory. If the majority of your post is discussing the boat incident and/or documents and media related to it, please use that thread.
Found Deceased - SC - Mallory Beach, 19, missing after boat crash, Beaufort County, 24 Feb 2019 *MAN CHARGED*

—————
Prior Admin Note from @Sillybilly
This thread is to discuss the murders of Maggie and Paul which is separate from the Mallory Beach incident and/or the Stephen Smith incident. Please keep the focus on this case without bringing in all the specifics and details of separate cases.

While there can be a smidge of reference, details/documents/discussion should remain confined to the thread that is specifically dedicated to the individual case.

These types of overlap can be very difficult and time-consuming for moderation. Please just put more thought into which case you are discussing and which thread you are posting in.

Thank you.

If you murdered the M’s in retaliation for SS, you’d be glad people were talking about it as revenge for MB.
If you murdered the M’s in retaliation for MB, you’d be glad people were talking about it as revenge for SS.
If you murdered the M’s for any other reason, you’d be glad people were talking about it as revenge for MB, SS, or both. I think it’s something other than a revenge killing, just my gut feeling with no evidence to prove it.

I was not thinking past my observations of Maggie and Paul. I was floored that it could be so simple. Shoot them to silence them before they could finalize a deal with LE. If there was no physical evidence to link the two to SS, but for Paul’s or Buster’s testimony, it would be a great move on their part. To answer your question, I don’t know. But I doubt Alec Murdaugh did not know that his sons were involved in SS death. But maybe Alec told his wife to stop covering for the boy and she did not listen. He may have heard the threats and/or been threatened himself. Alec thought he could legally or through connections beat the boating tragedy. Maggie was not so sure and did not want to risk Paul going to jail. It must have come out that Maggie was trying to keep Paul out of jail, by turning informant. The two SS males did not want to take the chance so they offed Maggie and Paul. Alec might have missed the party bc he was late. But he gets it now. I doubt he will ever pursue the shooters. His reward is a smoke screen. They know that he knows who they are. He knows that they know he knows who they are. That’s why the reward is to be administered through the law firm and not LE. And has such a short window. He’s making sure they get away with the murders.

Which two SS males are you referring to?

“The two SS males did not want to take the chance so they offed Maggie and Paul”

There is one person who beneits most from deposing the Sheriff's office. I think it is an insurance policy. This person would have been interviewed by SLED for the murders of MM and PM. At that time, imo he revealed the information of the SS murder and what he knew or heard had happened. There's no going back for the Sheriff's Office or the medical examiner to slough off the SS case now.. They've been caught red handed on their bias in both the SS and MB cases.

I feel that all 4 murders go hand in hand as it surrounds one particular family. SS, MB, PM and MM. There is no turning back or trying to hide anything anymore. It will all come out. Too many of the right people are invested in all 4 murders now.

Do we need to look again at timing of MM and PM murders and the air-tight alibi?

St. Mary Mead, you pose great questions but I hope you will tell us more about what you are thinking.

With so little information, my opinions are very fluid. I honestly can’t settle on anything. I just have…a list of things that bother me…or that I find “hinky.” But then sometimes, I start disagreeing with my own opinions.. Lol

For example, I believe that “past is prologue.” We have been shown many examples of the M family involving themselves in the Boating investigation. Maybe it was love of family and good legal practice….or maybe something more nefarious. I don’t know…I guess there’s a Grand Jury that can solve that riddle better than I.

I am certainly disturbed by the reporting in the Island Packet today.

So…”past practices” make me suspicious about what their behavior might be in this case. They are on the crime scene…we don’t know when…but presumably way before SLED arrives. JMM is there the next day, helping with the new gates. They are on TV before they even have the reward offer in place.

Is there anything wrong here…I certainly can’t say that. But past is prologue…so we await more information.

Then there’s the “Bubba Shot the Juke Box’ culture that, in my opinion, seems to exist in “M country”.I love that song! …and I love the South, so no offense intended. And yes, I have to include the word “seems’ because maybe it’s poor training and NOT..”Hey, your kids in trouble, but we will take care of it.” But I’m just seeing a lot of troublesome omissions and IMO maybe concessions…where that poor dead girl in the weeds is secondary to Saving Master Murdaugh. But that’s just opinion…maybe it will all be explained away and I’ll regret having such suspicions.

There’s more…but that’s enough for now. As always, just opinions based on my random musings and nothing more.

There is one person who beneits most from deposing the Sheriff's office. I think it is an insurance policy. This person would have been interviewed by SLED for the murders of MM and PM. At that time, imo he revealed the information of the SS murder and what he knew or heard had happened. There's no going back for the Sheriff's Office or the medical examiner to slough off the SS case now.. They've been caught red handed on their bias in both the SS and MB cases.

I feel that all 4 murders go hand in hand as it surrounds one particular family. SS, MB, PM and MM. There is no turning back or trying to hide anything anymore. It will all come out. Too many of the right people are invested in all 4 murders now.

I’m not putting together this part of your post:

“There is one person who beneits most from deposing the Sheriff's office. I think it is an insurance policy. This person would have been interviewed by SLED for the murders of MM and PM.”

Are you comfortable explaining differently. I get the rest.

Sorry to be so dense :(

With so little information, my opinions are very fluid. I honestly can’t settle on anything. I just have…a list of things that bother me…or that I find “hinky.” But then sometimes, I start disagreeing with my own opinions.. Lol

For example, I believe that “past is prologue.” We have been shown many examples of the M family involving themselves in the Boating investigation. Maybe it was love of family and good legal practice….or maybe something more nefarious. I don’t know…I guess there’s a Grand Jury that can solve that riddle better than I.

I am certainly disturbed by the reporting in the Island Packet today.

So…”past practices” make me suspicious about what their behavior might be in this case. They are on the crime scene…we don’t know when…but presumably way before SLED arrives. JMM is there the next day, helping with the new gates. They are on TV before they even have the reward offer in place.

Is there anything wrong here…I certainly can’t say that. But past is prologue…so we await more information.

Then there’s the “Bubba Shot the Juke Box’ culture that, in my opinion, seems to exist in “M country”.I love that song! …and I love the South, so no offense intended. And yes, I have to include the word “seems’ because maybe it’s poor training and NOT..”Hey, your kids in trouble, but we will take care of it.” But I’m just seeing a lot of troublesome omissions and IMO maybe concessions…where that poor dead girl in the weeds is secondary to Saving Master Murdaugh. But that’s just opinion…maybe it will all be explained away and I’ll regret having such suspicions.

There’s more…but that’s enough for now. As always, just opinions based on my random musings and nothing more.

Def agree relentless and self-serving intensity of behavior at hospital is quite disturbing so does leave room for wondering if bits of his behavior in ER on Feb 24 would kick in June 7-8 — I doubt it in his shock and despair — but maybe since then? He certainly has more facts and if he doesn't like the way it’s looking ...

This is so gruesome to suggest but I have also wondered if one person was shot first just enough to disable so they would have to watch the other be shot. Then the first was finished off. Only reason I bring this up is if it might contribute to an idea of who would have enjoyed handling their murder in such a torturous manner.

Also like you, my ideas are fluid but continue to include it was personal (MM) or an execution (PM) because it seems like overkill. And I also wonder if getting AM was actually part of the plan that didn't work out. And I will say again, often people who have the problems that PM had also get tangled up in gangs, dealing drugs, etc.

Just my random and fluid opinions at this moment.

But is it…?
It sure is developing quite a clearer picture of some Murdaughs, IMO

I’m not putting together this part of your post:

“There is one person who beneits most from deposing the Sheriff's office. I think it is an insurance policy. This person would have been interviewed by SLED for the murders of MM and PM.”

Are you comfortable explaining differently. I get the rest.

Sorry to be so dense :(
You are not dense. I'm not being clear. The word is benefit. And the person is CC.
He felt he was being framed for driving the boat during the wreck and not PM. He wasn't driving and they did attempt to make it look like he was.

You are not dense. I'm not being clear. The word is benefit. And the person is CC.
He felt he was being framed for driving the boat during the wreck and not PM. He wasn't driving and they did attempt to make it look like he was.

Got it now! Thanks.

Your thoughts are interesting to ponder :) If you are correct about CC, good for him!! Sounds like you meed a lot of courage in Lowcountry to come up against Ms even in a deposition. Some people down there need to get straightened out, and quickly. Wish they’d ask FBI to come in on all three cases. Not even sure SLED is far enough removed. JMO.

Last edited:
After reading every single post in this thread, been trying to put something together with the few actual facts we have. Factoring in — they say people are usually killed by someone they know, LE in this case quickly said public need not worry about loose killer, SLED would appear to be moving methodically on getting this right ... so narrowing down my thoughts.

I feel like there will be an arrest soon. Perhaps instead of spending more energy on discussing “who” I / we should just wait, but my wheels keep turning :rolleyes: Following are JMO:

?? As awful as it sounds, anyone think PM (who sounds like a psychopath) may have shot mom. Dad drives up just after and has to shoot PM in self defense. There is enough leeway in TODs and dad at hospital, then 911 call, to possibly make this plausible. He probably carries a shotgun in his vehicle.

?? I think I remember some discussion of potential marriage problems. Dad also under stress with father’s illness and what the black sheep is doing to family reputation — he shoots both to clean house? Also seems more than coincidence murder happens last days of patriarch’s life. His directive or dying wish?

Either of these, AM grief would still be real, I’m certain.

I dunno. Maybe crazy ideas and obviously MOOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie