UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, the co op had a atm and the only other facility to access cash locally in Heworth was the Natwest File:NatWest bank, East Parade - geograph.org.uk - 1129845.jpg - Wikimedia Commons Was there any other possibilities on claudias route home ? x

Costcutters is displaying a Paypoint sign did Paypoint offer cash withdraws in 2009?.
The Post office on East Parade could also offer an option to access cash.
Google Maps

The ATM at the Shell petrol station?
York Uni?
Melrosegate Rd Post Office?
Melrosegate Mini Market?

Last edited:
Where did you read about CL having bets Good Cup day ? I have read about this day her J K pub watching racing its always a lively day Good Cup day bookies and pubs atmosphere but didn't realise bets on just wondered cheers

Welcome Crander,
If you go to page 1 in the thread you will find a link to the Media Thread. It's a good idea to read this and it will get you up to speed with the facts. Some of the questions you are asking is salacious gossip and although it may be true no one has been able to verify it. We all have our opinions and that is fine as long as we state them as such. There are many knowledgeable people on this thread and you will learn a lot.
Well said "Thelastleg" The police case is around 4 men. The Team put it in front of the CPS, yes it is always good to keep an open mind, however 2 investigations and some of the most experienced detectives believe Claudia came to harm at the hands of people known to her. I have read probably all there is to read, clips, docu's, I have visited various aspects of the case and I am looking at two of the four, motive, I am unsure, though I find it hard to believe it was an execution, solely because the rucksack is missing - though she may have been lured away from her home sometime on the 18th. If you want progress and a successful outcome then IMO its the 4 we should be looking at

I have read many well studied researched opinions from forum members here and elsewhere and one thing that has changed over the years is the increasing view that it was evening of 18th or very early 19th rather than after she left home in the 19th intact I would say it seems a narrow majority view of the former . I personally though just can't reconcile in my mind it being so I just can't see how there would be no noise no sightings bearing in mind she lived in a terraced house and back was I understand overlooked by student flats .I still have the opinion it inside likely the initial thoughts she left for work in the 19th to be most likely and the bridge encounter. Of course it would be good to know how confident this and the later witness were it was CL they saw . Also the witness who came forward to say they saw a rucksack on grass verge but by time olive arrived it had gone very difficult to say . I don't know locations well was the sighting of the rucksack very close to the bridge or the second sighting at university ? If a stranger a lot of attention about CH I read somewhere thoughts was in hospital at the time was anything confirmed to rule him out? As others have said though and I agree persons closer to home most likely hold the key statistically far more likely

Well said "Thelastleg" The police case is around 4 men. The Team put it in front of the CPS, yes it is always good to keep an open mind, however 2 investigations and some of the most experienced detectives believe Claudia came to harm at the hands of people known to her. I have read probably all there is to read, clips, docu's, I have visited various aspects of the case and I am looking at two of the four, motive, I am unsure, though I find it hard to believe it was an execution, solely because the rucksack is missing - though she may have been lured away from her home sometime on the 18th. If you want progress and a successful outcome then IMO its the 4 we should be looking at
I was including you in the knowledgeable group along with Vixey KIR and a few others. Sad that some good posters seem to have moved on. Maybe until there is more evidence about the prime suspects there's not much more to discuss. I was hoping the new DS, I think his name is Fox, would have new information to bring to the public.

I was including you in the knowledgeable group along with Vixey KIR and a few others. Sad that some good posters seem to have moved on. Maybe until there is more evidence about the prime suspects there's not much more to discuss. I was hoping the new DS, I think his name is Fox, would have new information to bring to the public.
There is info out there yet to be discovered - it’s just people being brave enough to put it on the table. I’m in no doubt that within the fringes of Sleuths - there’s people with knowledge yet to be voiced.

I have read many well studied researched opinions from forum members here and elsewhere and one thing that has changed over the years is the increasing view that it was evening of 18th or very early 19th rather than after she left home in the 19th intact I would say it seems a narrow majority view of the former . I personally though just can't reconcile in my mind it being so I just can't see how there would be no noise no sightings bearing in mind she lived in a terraced house and back was I understand overlooked by student flats .I still have the opinion it inside likely the initial thoughts she left for work in the 19th to be most likely and the bridge encounter. Of course it would be good to know how confident this and the later witness were it was CL they saw . Also the witness who came forward to say they saw a rucksack on grass verge but by time olive arrived it had gone very difficult to say . I don't know locations well was the sighting of the rucksack very close to the bridge or the second sighting at university ? If a stranger a lot of attention about CH I read somewhere thoughts was in hospital at the time was anything confirmed to rule him out? As others have said though and I agree persons closer to home most likely hold the key statistically far more likely
On the way to work
She doesn’t appear anywhere on the 19th - how do you explain it?
She is an avid texter - though nothing in or out beyond just gone 9 (incoming)
Her phone remained in Heworth some four hours after she was due to start work?
- these are just a few of the questions which draw your attention away from a morning event.
8.23pm - 9.01pm the bus footage - the unidentified man getting into the car - this is your man

There is info out there yet to be discovered - it’s just people being brave enough to put it on the table. I’m in no doubt that within the fringes of Sleuths - there’s people with knowledge yet to be voiced.
Hmm brave or foolish ? Which table WS or police station ?
————————————
Fox needs to get going and make an arrest ! No more ( legit I must say) excuses re Covid !
But it goes without saying this time it has to be airtight case against the perpetrator ! Just the one perpetrator IMO

On the way to work
She doesn’t appear anywhere on the 19th - how do you explain it?
She is an avid texter - though nothing in or out beyond just gone 9 (incoming)
Her phone remained in Heworth some four hours after she was due to start work?
- these are just a few of the questions which draw your attention away from a morning event.
8.23pm - 9.01pm the bus footage - the unidentified man getting into the car - this is your man

Unfortunately the possible use of the back alley either to a parked car at the entrance to the alley in Heworth place, or acces to awaiting car in Nags Head car park provides a possible departure for both the 18th and 19th with little or no cctv /visual detection so to decide which would depend on other evidence to support it.
The time at which mble phone communications cease I agree is very important but as discussed before if she used a dual sim mble or second device it does not give us absolute clarity as to the time of her last communications.
The bus footage offers an opportunity for us to view some of the activity on Heworth road particularly outside Claudias home on the evening of the 18th. Personally I take a particular interest in cctv. The police release cctv for reason - they seek the help of the public to identify individuals, vehicles and items. Unless you can immediately identify these seeking the identity of them takes time and effort. But thankfully largely due to the internet its not an impossible task.
In my opinion we have been given some valuable clues.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the possible use of the back alley either to a parked car at the entrance to the alley in Heworth place, or acces to awaiting car in Nags Head car park provides a possible departure for both the 18th and 19th with little or no cctv /visual detection so to decide which would depend on other evidence to support it.
The time at which mble phone communications cease I agree is very important but as discussed before if she used a dual sim mble or second device it does not give us absolute clarity as to the time of her last communications.
The bus footage offers an opportunity for us to view some of the activity on Heworth road particularly outside Claudias home on the evening of the 19th. Personally I take a particular interest in cctv. The police release cctv for reason - they seek the help of the public to identify individuals, vehicles and items. Unless you can immediately identify these seeking the identity of them takes time and effort. But thankfully largely due to the internet its not an impossible task.
You mean the 18 th of March ?

The bus footage offers an opportunity for us to view some of the activity on Heworth road particularly outside Claudias home on the evening of the 19th. Personally I take a particular interest in cctv. The police release cctv for reason - they seek the help of the public to identify individuals, vehicles and items. Unless you can immediately identify these seeking the identity of them takes time and effort. But thankfully largely due to the internet its not an impossible task.
Are both morning and evening alley-man the same person? I just don't see A/C sandy mac in morning footage x

Attachments

• B9822BEC-F406-4134-96C5-54B3525EE2E7.jpeg
    B9822BEC-F406-4134-96C5-54B3525EE2E7.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 2CA55D12-5C67-41C2-9C1D-04F62D27D9B5.png
    2CA55D12-5C67-41C2-9C1D-04F62D27D9B5.png
    225.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 0813729F-63FC-4BDA-9EFB-B0761370D611.jpeg
    0813729F-63FC-4BDA-9EFB-B0761370D611.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 34
The bus cctv was the vehicle also seen on melrosegate white or silver?

Attachments

• 90BCAE7A-C005-461F-93E9-E62EB4DCBD7E.jpeg
    90BCAE7A-C005-461F-93E9-E62EB4DCBD7E.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 42
  • A622264D-A826-423B-8850-CF28B179F7D5.jpeg
    A622264D-A826-423B-8850-CF28B179F7D5.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 44
  • C467D8CA-3A50-4FC9-A6AF-21B5D7988129.jpeg
    C467D8CA-3A50-4FC9-A6AF-21B5D7988129.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 46
  • B814E8BA-871A-4537-8592-1946EC44E150.jpeg
    B814E8BA-871A-4537-8592-1946EC44E150.jpeg