Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #64 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is going to be a lot of conversation about the spy pen, and I might be parsing words, and please someone correct me if I am wrong-it was referred to as Suzanne’s spy pen? If Barry bought a spy pen to spy on Suzanne, wouldn’t it be “the spy pen” or the “defendant’s spy pen”? I get that the prosecution will have to establish who purchased it and used it in order for it to be evidence, but still. Since nothing was recorded, I am hoping that someone took shorthand and transcribed the hearing.
If BM had provided the spy pen...why was it left behind? He would not have been surprised about anything related to it if he in fact planted it....wouldn't he make sure it was not found? It just looks more like he had a surprised and enraging discovery of the spy pen and went over the edge.....jmo

Next to nil. Covid protocols were our only real hope, as that meant WebEx was used in lieu of a packed court.

If the prelim won’t be streamed, there is little hope for the trial to be streamed.

Colorado EMC rules don’t normally allow for trials to be broadcast, but Covid changed things temporarily (Redwine trial for example). Now we’re getting back to normal.

ETA: GK copied me by saying what I was going to say before I said it.
I was going to specifically reference the Redwine trial - why would that be streamed, but not BM's?

I was going to specifically reference the Redwine trial - why would that be streamed, but not BM's?
I think that was probably Covid related. The public is entitled to attend trial, but that’s been limited by Covid restrictions. In response, WebEX had been utilized when it normally would not.

This judge also seems way more cautious, and not inclined to allow that.

Boom!

Nice try defense, thanks for playing!

No bond, and no reduction in charges. Instead the prosecution will get a warning. Hope that makes you happy!

Thanks for playing! I love you, irl.
State gets a warning.
This lengthy hearing and the prep for it cost ole BM a moderate passel of money.
No bond for Murder 1, BM.

Wosuzan
There is going to be a lot of conversation about the spy pen, and I might be parsing words, and please someone correct me if I am wrong-it was referred to as Suzanne’s spy pen? If Barry bought a spy pen to spy on Suzanne, wouldn’t it be “the spy pen” or the “defendant’s spy pen”? I get that the prosecution will have to establish who purchased it and used it in order for it to be evidence, but still. Since nothing was recorded, I am hoping that someone took shorthand and transcribed the hearing.

When asked by the judge whether she could hear what was on the spy camera recording, BM’s attorney replied, “The one spy pen recording that Suzanne recorded was between her and another individual on the telephone, and her also listening to messages from this individual, that are extremely critical to the case, and it’s acknowledged by FBI agent Grusing (?) that they’re hard to hear, and so they had to actually go back and get them enhanced and so all that… and you can hear that they played that enhanced version, for otherwise, the individual that they played them for, would never have been able to hear what was said. But he had headphones on while he was listening to the recording, so we can’t hear it on our end, as far as the FBI interview went.”

Prosecution- “4 witnesses will go over the crime scene at the Morphew residence.”

So excited about this witness testifying about the crime scene that was found at the Morphew residence. May God bless you, Suzanne, for all you endured from BM.

CSI tied up the Puma Path Morphew residence for was it three weeks before releasing it then capturing it once more a short time later. The odor of bleach was at the home as AM told us months ago.

I can't help but wonder if that male was the pastor who left abruptly after a month or so? And wasn't his wife very good friends with a significant female who cleaned houses? Could be wrong about that. But the cryptic prayer and quick exit from town suggests that maybe the pastor...who btw would have been an obvious confidante'......just guessing about these things...but I have been puzzled about the pastor throughout this saga.

Uh... what? Who are you talking about? Cryptic prayer? Huh? o_O

I think that was probably Covid related. The public is entitled to attend trial, but that’s been limited by Covid restrictions. In response, WebEX had been utilized when it normally would not.

This judge also seems way more cautious, and not inclined to allow that.
I did not hear the judge even discuss a trial. He addressed only that the proof positive/presumption great preliminary dates would not be WebX. But then he is just being judicial......no one is even "to" a trial yet.

Judge: Are we all in agreement that the enhanced version of the spy pen recording exist?

Prosecution: I have no personal knowledge . But I’m not saying it doesn’t.. ( couldn’t understand the rest).

…IE kinda smirked and shaking head..

Judge : Ms. Eytan, are you not able to make out what’s being said in those spy pen recording?

IE : Ohh you can’t at all.. it’s very hard to hear.it’s very weak .. especially uh., this is honestly uh., the one spy pen recording that uh Suzanne recorded was between her and another individual taking on the telephone and her also listening to messages from this individual that are extremely critical to the case and it’s acknowledged by FBI Agent Grusing that they are hard to hear and that they actually had to go back and get them them enhanced. So all that’s in Discovery so uh we know that but the Prosecution doesn’t know that .. which is a problem.. right now but you can hear that they played that enhanced version. Or otherwise the individual that they played them for would have never been able to hear …. ( couldn’t understand the rest).

Wosuzan

When asked by the judge whether she could hear what was on the spy camera recording, BM’s attorney replied, “The one spy pen recording that Suzanne recorded was between her and another individual on the telephone, and her also listening to messages from this individual, that are extremely critical to the case, and it’s acknowledged by FBI agent Grusing (?) that they’re hard to hear, and so they had to actually go back and get them enhanced and so all that… and you can hear that they played that enhanced version, for otherwise, the individual that they played them for, would never have been able to hear what was said. But he had headphones on while he was listening to the recording, so we can’t hear it on our end, as far as the FBI interview went.”

Thank you for spy cam clarification, Tumbleweed.

Wonder who Suzanne would want to record. She planted the spy cam. LOL I love her for being savvy. Suzanne will be testifying in the courtroom during BMs trial, for a spy cam video that Barry knew nothing about. LOL I am so pleased with Suzanne.

An individual and Suzanne's conversation was surreptitiously recorded for herself as well as messages that individual left for Suzanne. Suzanne was ready to hear the messages since she previously prepared to record them. I admire her tenacity.

I can't help but think that whatever SM was recording was defensive in nature. She was documenting something to protect her future, if not that of her daughters. I would tend to think she was onto him about his future plans....which did not include her...and those recordings would be to create the necessary paper trail to document

If one thing would surely put BM into a fit of rage beyond his ability to control himself...it would that the revelation that he was being recorded...imo. Remember how he would not allow LS to record him? And the reaction he had to Tyler about being video'd? This guy was super touchy about that.....it appears...and to find out his wife was doing that would send him over the edge beyond reach, imo. I think he had been lying to SM about matters he was confronted with...likely thinking she was buying his bs.....only to find out the opposite was true.
I would think if BM found out he was being recorded, the spy pen would have gone MIA along with her phone. IMO, I don't think BM knew about the spy pen.

I think good old Barry underestimated SM...

JMO, MOO

Uh... what? Who are you talking about? Cryptic prayer? Huh? o_O
If I am not mistaken...the senior pastor left the Morphew Church in Salida the month following Barry's arrest. There is a video of a prayer he had for the Morphew family....and I cannot find it. maybe others can...but the prayer, if my memory serves me correctly, was to help Barry make sound or wise decisions....words to that effect. I am still looking for that video of the pastor's prayer.

I would think if BM found out he was being recorded, the spy pen would have gone MIA along with her phone. IMO, I don't think BM knew about the spy pen.

I think good old Barry underestimated SM...

JMO, MOO
would you not also think that Suzanne had a mentor or someone who guided her in the use of such technology for the task at hand? She just seemed to be too introverted to do all of that on her own....

I can't help but wonder if that male was the pastor who left abruptly after a month or so? And wasn't his wife very good friends with a significant female who cleaned houses? Could be wrong about that. But the cryptic prayer and quick exit from town suggests that maybe the pastor...who btw would have been an obvious confidante'......just guessing about these things...but I have been puzzled about the pastor throughout this saga.
Can you help fill me in on the pastor that left? I had missed that before.

Sleuthers:

In your opinion, after today's hearing, which way did the Barry Guiltometer tilt:

Does he now seem more guilty, more innocent or is your opinion unchanged?

The hearing showed me plainly, that all who have read the AA consider BM guilty and that his only hope for acquittal will be one or more technicalities.

Judge: Are we all in agreement that the enhanced version of the spy pen recording exist?

Prosecution: I have no personal knowledge . But I’m not saying it doesn’t.. ( couldn’t understand the rest).

…IE kinda smirked and shaking head..

Judge : Ms. Eytan, are you not able to make out what’s being said in those spy pen recording?

IE : Ohh you can’t at all.. it’s very hard to hear.it’s very weak .. especially uh., this is honestly uh., the one spy pen recording that uh Suzanne recorded was between her and another individual taking on the telephone and her also listening to messages from this individual that are extremely critical to the case and it’s acknowledged by FBI Agent Grusing that they are hard to hear and that they actually had to go back and get them them enhanced. So all that’s in Discovery so uh we know that but the Prosecution doesn’t know that .. which is a problem.. right now but you can hear that they played that enhanced version. Or otherwise the individual that they played them for would have never been able to hear …. ( couldn’t understand the rest).

So, the defense says that Suzanne recorded herself talking on the phone to someone. She also recorded messages she received from this person onto the spy camera. Then, the FBI interviews someone (a male) and has him listen to the recordings.

One question I have is this - Is the person that the FBI interviewed the same individual that was recorded? Were the FBI helping this guy to recollect the conversations? Or, did they take Suzanne's recording and show them to a different person?

Another question is why would Suzanne make a recording of someone leaving her messages, presumably on her cell phone, when she already had the messages on her cell phone?

And then another question, why was the prosecution not sure that they had enhanced recordings of the spy camera recordings? It seems to me that the recordings would be ultra important. So here we have the defense saying the recording are critical and the prosecution not even sure they have them in discovery. This is sooooo weird.

So, the defense says that Suzanne recorded herself talking on the phone to someone. She also recorded messages she received from this person onto the spy camera. Then, the FBI interviews someone (a male) and has him listen to the recordings.

One question I have is this - Is the person that the FBI interviewed the same individual that was recorded? Were the FBI helping this guy to recollect the conversations? Or, did they take Suzanne's recording and show them to a different person?

Another question is why would Suzanne make a recording of someone leaving her messages, presumably on her cell phone, when she already had the messages on her cell phone?

And then another question, why was the prosecution not sure that they had enhanced of the spy camera recordings? It seems to me that the recordings would be ultra important. So here we have the defense saying the recording are critical and the prosecution not even sure they have them in discovery. This is sooooo weird.
Is it possible that the male interviewed about them was BM? Or would it have to be a different person? I dont understand enough about the legal technicalities to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie