Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #64 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but wonder if that male was the pastor who left abruptly after a month or so? And wasn't his wife very good friends with a significant female who cleaned houses? Could be wrong about that. But the cryptic prayer and quick exit from town suggests that maybe the pastor...who btw would have been an obvious confidante'......just guessing about these things...but I have been puzzled about the pastor throughout this saga.
OK, I'm oblivious to the Pastor. Much appreciate your link for this reference. Thank you. :)

Yes, it was Suzanne’s pen. It was unclear initially who it belonged to, but it was clarified later on.
I quickly looked up "Spy Pens". They're not very expensive $30-$150. Unless you have a "Spy type Store" near you, it looks like they need to be ordered. I'm guessing someone else ordered it and had it delivered to them. Can you imagine if she had it delivered to the house and BM found it in the mailbox?
I feel strongly someone else helped her that knew about the spy pen and it's intended purpose.

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
So, the defense says that Suzanne recorded herself talking on the phone to someone. She also recorded messages she received from this person onto the spy camera. Then, the FBI interviews someone (a male) and has him listen to the recordings.

One question I have is this - Is the person that the FBI interviewed the same individual that was recorded? Were the FBI helping this guy to recollect the conversations? Or, did they take Suzanne's recording and show them to a different person?

Another question is why would Suzanne make a recording of someone leaving her messages, presumably on her cell phone, when she already had the messages on her cell phone?

And then another question, why was the prosecution not sure that they had enhanced recordings of the spy camera recordings? It seems to me that the recordings would be ultra important. So here we have the defense saying the recording are critical and the prosecution not even sure they have them in discovery. This is sooooo weird.

I wonder if Suzanne had hired a PI and that's where the idea for the spy pen came from. Maybe she was reading his phone messages into the pen because Barry had access to her phone and she had to delete the text messages? (edited typo)

I can't help but wonder if that male was the pastor who left abruptly after a month or so? And wasn't his wife very good friends with a significant female who cleaned houses? Could be wrong about that. But the cryptic prayer and quick exit from town suggests that maybe the pastor...who btw would have been an obvious confidante'......just guessing about these things...but I have been puzzled about the pastor throughout this saga.
@Scootie98, I don't think you can link that sermon or anything related as I don't recall any of it on MSM.
I know what you're talking about. :)

Can you help fill me in on the pastor that left? I had missed that before.
I believe the pastor who was there when the Morphews were there....left in June, 2021, a month after Barry's arrest.....could be wrong......I heard a prayer on video...but, I don't know if it was a Sunday service or a prayer meeting where it was recorded...it was a very interestingly worded prayer, and I hope to find it. .I am looking for it.

@Scootie98, I don't think you can link that sermon. I know what you're talking about. :)
Thank you....I am likely one of the lowest tech parties on this site....and it frustrates the hell out of me...because I so very much want to be accurate, fair and decent. I just know I heard this sermon...and it struck me as directed at a specific member of the audience....not to...but at...if you get the distinction.

I did not hear the judge even discuss a trial. He addressed only that the proof positive/presumption great preliminary dates would not be WebX. But then he is just being judicial......no one is even "to" a trial yet.
I believe you missed the part in the hearing where the Judge referenced limitations on EMC -- considered only for advisements and arraignments (i.e., explaining why "NO WebEx" for the preliminary hearing).

Colorado Rule 3 - Media Coverage and Court Procedures

Rule 3 - Media Coverage of Court Proceedings, Colo. Pub. Acc. Info. & Rec. 3 | Casetext Search + Citator

Last edited:
I wonder if Suzanne had hired a PI and that's where the idea for the spy pen came fom. Maybe she was reading his phone messages into the pen because Barry had access to her phone and she had to delete the text messages? (edited typo)
One thing I have pondered from the very beginning.....did Suzanne at some point consult with an attorney independently of Barry? Regardless of reason...be it divorce, financial protection, whatever...did she have her own separate attorney? I can't think of anything more irritating to Barry than this scenario...if true.

What follows is pure conjecture on my part...

I am thinking Barry came home from the job site to "make the wife happy" and walked in on Suzanne telling her friend back East about the fact that she had recorded conversations which proved Barry was ____whatever he was involved in____. Additionally - Perhaps divulging to her the location of the spy pens "if anything should happen to me" prior to Barry walking in on the conversation. Their conversation coming to a sudden end as Barry flies into a rage over her "betrayal"... Exacerbated by Suzanne's refusal to tell him where she stashed the recordings.
Suzanne taking a defiant stand in her final moments. I think she wanted her daughters to hear Barry incriminating himself because she needed them to know the truth knowing the sway Barry held over them.

I had to work and missed this, glad you all keep us informed. I tend to think he did not know this existed I hope he was in jail when he found out. Mr. True crime guy isn't that smart

I missed the hearing, is there a single post which recaps the high points? TIA~
The PP home appears to be the crime scene.

Appears that SM used a "Spy Pen" to record an important conversation.

Computers are complicated things and passing data between them is inexplicably difficult.

Attorneys and Judge are a bit crabby.

All IMO:D

Prosecution has 4 witnesses ready to testify @ Prelim regarding the crime scene at the residence.

What was BM up to that SM was recording. I don’t buy she was recording their arguments or physical abuse. I’m going out on a shaky limb and say money laundering or white collar crimes. She was going to nail BM for something illegal, but he killed her first. DA knows what that “something” is. All moo

It does seem that Barry was up to something more than just a common or garden affair with another woman.

I can’t see, though, how money laundering/white collar crime would lend itself to such a high level of sensitivity around the content of the AA, and the extraordinary protection of the daughters.

I think whatever he was up to was something sexual.

IMO

Judge : Ms. Eytan, are you not able to make out what’s being said in those spy pen recording?

IE : Ohh you can’t at all.. it’s very hard to hear.it’s very weak .. especially uh., this is honestly uh., the one spy pen recording that uh Suzanne recorded was between her and another individual taking on the telephone and her also listening to messages from this individual that are extremely critical to the case and it’s acknowledged by FBI Agent Grusing that they are hard to hear and that they actually had to go back and get them them enhanced. So all that’s in Discovery so uh we know that but the Prosecution doesn’t know that .. which is a problem.. right now but you can hear that they played that enhanced version. Or otherwise the individual that they played them for would have never been able to hear …. ( couldn’t understand the rest).

RSABBM:

Okay.
Here's my take on this, having read this transcript of what BM's lawyer said.

I think the "uh," pause there might be IE carefully parsing her words re: the pen recording that "Suzanne" recorded.
It is unclear whether Suzanne recorded that conversation wittingly or unwittingly.

Why would SM bother recording a phone conversation b/t herself and someone else on a freaking pen when she could simply record herself using an app on her iPhone?

Similarly, why would she bother listening to messages from this individual on her PEN when she could simply listen to and save/record these messages on her phone?

Again, this smacks of being BM.

To me, anyway. I could be entirely wrong.

JMO.

So, the defense says that Suzanne recorded herself talking on the phone to someone. She also recorded messages she received from this person onto the spy camera. Then, the FBI interviews someone (a male) and has him listen to the recordings.

One question I have is this - Is the person that the FBI interviewed the same individual that was recorded? Were the FBI helping this guy to recollect the conversations? Or, did they take Suzanne's recording and show them to a different person?

Another question is why would Suzanne make a recording of someone leaving her messages, presumably on her cell phone, when she already had the messages on her cell phone?

And then another question, why was the prosecution not sure that they had enhanced recordings of the spy camera recordings? It seems to me that the recordings would be ultra important. So here we have the defense saying the recording are critical and the prosecution not even sure they have them in discovery. This is sooooo weird.
totally unqualified question about the spy pen tech....We know that cell signal strength is subject to the terrain in Colorado, altitude, mountains, etc....does the spy pen have the same vulnerabilities?

Prosecution has 4 witnesses ready to testify @ Prelim regarding the crime scene at the residence.

What was BM up to that SM was recording. I don’t buy she was recording their arguments or physical abuse. I’m going out on a shaky limb and say money laundering or white collar crimes. She was going to nail BM for something illegal, but he killed her first. DA knows what that “something” is. All moo

I've questioned the DAs earliest remarks that brought about the arrest during the one and only presser re: arrest and that was Barry murdered his wife because he knew legal and damning consequences were on their way. Down the pipe. The only way to prevent the downfall was to remove Suzanne. Did he shoot her in the basement with an illegal short gun on Mother's Day 2020?

All speculation, of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members