Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #64 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSABBM:

Okay.
Here's my take on this, having read this transcript of what BM's lawyer said.

I think the "uh," pause there might be IE carefully parsing her words re: the pen recording that "Suzanne" recorded.
It is unclear whether Suzanne recorded that conversation wittingly or unwittingly.

Why would SM bother recording a phone conversation b/t herself and someone else on a freaking pen when she could simply record herself using an app on her iPhone?

Similarly, why would she bother listening to messages from this individual on her PEN when she could simply listen to and save/record these messages on her phone?

Again, this smacks of being BM.

To me, anyway. I could be entirely wrong.

JMO.
Makes sense....but a layperson, maybe Suzanne fits that....would fear her phone disappearing, and therefore the data on it...not necessarily knowing or relying upon a backup copy being accessible? This pen is a curve ball from outer space.

Thank you for spy cam clarification, Tumbleweed.

Wonder who Suzanne would want to record. She planted the spy cam. LOL I love her for being savvy. Suzanne will be testifying in the courtroom during BMs trial, for a spy cam video that Barry knew nothing about. LOL I am so pleased with Suzanne.

An individual and Suzanne's conversation was surreptitiously recorded for herself as well as messages that individual left for Suzanne. Suzanne was ready to hear the messages since she previously prepared to record them. I admire her tenacity.
ITA
Smart as a Fox
Subtle as a velvet sledgehammer

I've questioned the DAs earliest remarks that brought about the arrest during the one and only presser re: arrest and that was Barry murdered his wife because he knew legal and damning consequences were on their way. Down the pipe. The only way to prevent the downfall was to remove Suzanne. Did he shoot her in the basement with an illegal short gun on Mother's Day 2020?

All speculation, of course
With all due respect.....BM would surely know that this would lead right back to him if this were the scenario. There must be, imo, an emotional component to the deed.....regardless of all of the preplanning, premeditation, or whatever else led up to this....Barry's hot button, and explosive component...must have played a part, imo.

RSABBM:

Okay.

I think the "uh," pause there might be IE carefully parsing her words re: the pen recording that "Suzanne" recorded.
It is unclear whether Suzanne recorded that conversation wittingly or unwittingly.

Why would SM bother recording a phone conversation b/t herself and someone else on a freaking pen when she could simply record herself using an app on her iPhone?

Similarly, why would she bother listening to messages from this individual on her PEN when she could simply listen to and save/record these messages on her phone?

JMO.
Wanna bet that the spy pen is ultimately ruled inadmissible? This is the beginning of gutting the prosecution’s case. All testimony that would be a result of the spy pen would never see a courtroom. And a consequential witness is part of that. It was enhanced, and I imagine there will be a lot of back and forth as to whether it should only appear in its original form-which means it might be garbage.

Wanna bet that the spy pen is ultimately ruled inadmissible? This is the beginning of gutting the prosecution’s case. All testimony that would be a result of the spy pen would never see a courtroom. And a consequential witness is part of that. It was enhanced, and I imagine there will be a lot of back and forth as to whether it should only appear in its original form-which means it might be garbage.
I can't see that being the case, any more than cellphones, or any other electronic devices being inadmissable...they are just that..devices, that pick up , receive and return data and information. In this case, it appears that the person on the other end of the device is a party to the communication. If so...there is likely a paper trail of the purchase, activation, etc.....if the point was to document...then the documentation should be more than plenty, imo.

Colorado is a one party consent state. As such, Suzanne broke no law in recording Barry or other people.

Unclear audio has been admitted as evidence in countless cases, and I don’t think enhanced audio would be a big deal as long as it doesn’t alter it. Usually they remove static and other artifacts.

So, the defense says that Suzanne recorded herself talking on the phone to someone. She also recorded messages she received from this person onto the spy camera. Then, the FBI interviews someone (a male) and has him listen to the recordings.

One question I have is this - Is the person that the FBI interviewed the same individual that was recorded? Were the FBI helping this guy to recollect the conversations? Or, did they take Suzanne's recording and show them to a different person?

Another question is why would Suzanne make a recording of someone leaving her messages, presumably on her cell phone, when she already had the messages on her cell phone?

And then another question, why was the prosecution not sure that they had enhanced recordings of the spy camera recordings? It seems to me that the recordings would be ultra important. So here we have the defense saying the recording are critical and the prosecution not even sure they have them in discovery. This is sooooo weird.
Even on the earliest days of the investigation, there were people reporting they had been threatened. Maybe a male was threatening SM - to keep her mouth shut before her murder. SM knew BM probably had access to her phone and could erase those messages, so she recorded them.

Maybe the transcription of the Spy Pen is not complete yet.

JMO

If you are a woman in an abusive relationship and you fear your husband AND your husband has the phone bill in his name and all your photos, data, etc get uploaded to the iCloud family plan where said spouse can see everything you do? Yep I’d get another device on my own too. Good for Suzanne for being so smart.
RSABBM:

Okay.

JMO.

It does seem that Barry was up to something more than just a common or garden affair with another woman.

I can’t see, though, how money laundering/white collar crime would lend itself to such a high level of sensitivity around the content of the AA, and the extraordinary protection of the daughters.

I think whatever he was up to was something sexual.

IMO
Some context here....Salida...Maysville...this is a very, very small, close knit community...Everybody knew everybody.. If you want to keep a secret..this does not appear to be the place to make that happen. Whatever nefarious or subversive activity that BM may have been involved in....it should have been done elsewhere, imo. Anyone who has lived in these small communities..2000......6000 people, knows what I am talking about. Not only does the activity get noticed...but the newsflash about it is multiplied and magnified to the enth degree.....that is small town life...it is is the same as it been for very long time. It reminds me of the old partyline phone system......no secrets in a small town. The cops had a bumper crop of info to work with...I'll bet.

The PP home appears to be the crime scene.

Appears that SM used a "Spy Pen" to record an important conversation.

Computers are complicated things and passing data between them is inexplicably difficult.

Attorneys and Judge are a bit crabby.

All IMO:D

Excellent summary @Puzzles8! IE especially was crabby and overly dramatic.

Is @riolove77 or @gitana1 around tonight ?I’m curious what the legal opinion might be

Judge: Are we all in agreement that the enhanced version of the spy pen recording exist?

Prosecution: I have no personal knowledge . But I’m not saying it doesn’t.. ( couldn’t understand the rest).

…IE kinda smirked and shaking head..

Judge : Ms. Eytan, are you not able to make out what’s being said in those spy pen recording?

IE : Ohh you can’t at all.. it’s very hard to hear.it’s very weak .. especially uh., this is honestly uh., the one spy pen recording that uh Suzanne recorded was between her and another individual taking on the telephone and her also listening to messages from this individual that are extremely critical to the case and it’s acknowledged by FBI Agent Grusing that they are hard to hear and that they actually had to go back and get them them enhanced. So all that’s in Discovery so uh we know that but the Prosecution doesn’t know that .. which is a problem.. right now but you can hear that they played that enhanced version. Or otherwise the individual that they played them for would have never been able to hear …. ( couldn’t understand the rest).
Can I just say you are amazing @Cindizzi ? Your work on these threads is very much appreciated
IMO

Thank you....I am likely one of the lowest tech parties on this site....and it frustrates the hell out of me...because I so very much want to be accurate, fair and decent. I just know I heard this sermon...and it struck me as directed at a specific member of the audience....not to...but at...if you get the distinction.
If it's not MSM or an approved source, you face being modshipped or penalties. That's all I was saying.

Judge : Ms. Eytan, are you not able to make out what’s being said in those spy pen recording?

IE : Ohh you can’t at all.. it’s very hard to hear.it’s very weak .. especially uh., this is honestly uh., the one spy pen recording that uh Suzanne recorded was between her and another individual taking on the telephone and her also listening to messages from this individual that are extremely critical to the case and it’s acknowledged by FBI Agent Grusing that they are hard to hear and that they actually had to go back and get them them enhanced. So all that’s in Discovery so uh we know that but the Prosecution doesn’t know that .. which is a problem.. right now but you can hear that they played that enhanced version. Or otherwise the individual that they played them for would have never been able to hear …. ( couldn’t understand the rest).

Some here have been commenting that Suzanne used the spy pen to record messages from an individual to her based on what IE said above. That is not the way I interpreted it.

It isn't clear (to me at least) that the recorded messages were between Suzanne and someone else. She may have recorded messages left on BM's phone from this individual.

It would make sense she would record messages from someone else's phone before they were deleted.

It’s pretty remarkable law enforcement even found this pen. I could see something like that being easily overlooked, as I imagine they’d never come across one in a situation like this before.

Just imagine the person’s reaction when they realized what they had?!
And kudos to Suzanne for having the kahunas to make use of such a device. We could possibly learn more than we even wanted to know. IMO

If you are a woman in an abusive relationship and you fear your husband AND your husband has the phone bill in his name and all your photos, data, etc get uploaded to the iCloud family plan where said spouse can see everything you do? Yep I’d get another device on my own too. Good for Suzanne for being so smart.

She may have known she was recording messages on her pen.

She may not have known she was recording messages on her pen.

It sounds like the pen was at some remove from the phone device, if it was so faint as to be hard to make out.

I remain highly skeptical this was Suzanne recording herself, but time will tell.

Either way, it's likely going to prove hugely damning to Barry, and that's all that matters here.

JMO.

I wonder if Suzanne had hired a PI and that's where the idea for the spy pen came from. Maybe she was reading his phone messages into the pen because Barry had access to her phone and she had to delete the text messages? (edited typo)
If she did hire a PI, I'll bet the Spy Pen suggestion came from the PI.

If so I wonder who was paying for the PI? Maybe a family member? I can't imagine PI's are cheap.... Just speaks to me that her family knew there were problems and were trying to help her.

All speculation, JMO, MOO, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member