GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there’s no air con or drinks then they can have their verdict at five past nine. It’s been over 30 for weeks now
When I did jury service at the Old Bailey, which was for a trial sitting in August, and the temperatures outside were quite high, the courtroom was freezing. We took in jumpers and coats to cover our knees. I don't know if the judge was joking or not but he told us that the court temperature was kept deliberately low so that juries stayed alert and didn't fall asleep. He seemed pretty serious when he said it.

Sorry I can’t - being whisked away for the weekend by hubby!! Would love to be there for that though!

Oh how lovely! Well ... let's hope we get a verdict today then so you can relax and enjoy your weekend.

Though ... I hope we hear today, I've got a feeling we'll be hanging on into early next week. 2 defendants and 7 verdicts to agree on is a lot.

The telegraph have been a disgrace. Arrogant reporter who rarely turns up, no interest in the actual paper as they are too busy copying and pasting stories from 10,20,30,40 years ago or off the news ticker mentioning the word Peterborough.

yes these aren’t the “exciting days” (he missed all those due to holidays and forgetting to turn up!) but we have had several adjournments for witness clarification on points (I assume that’s what the 15 min breaks are) but as I’m not there, no idea what they are.

PT lack of reporting is shameful. It’s not like there’s lots of murder trials going on in Peterborough at the moment. You’d think they’d be fighting over who gets to go and report on this, a 17 year old girl murdered by her ‘parents’ no body found and a whole web of lies weaved by them both. It’s really sad that even journalists can’t be bothered to be Bernadette’s voice.

I do wonder if this has anything to do with Scott having been the ‘telegraph tipster’. Seems like they are hoping to sweep this one under the rug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa