GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
PT lack of reporting is shameful. It’s not like there’s lots of murder trials going on in Peterborough at the moment. You’d think they’d be fighting over who gets to go and report on this, a 17 year old girl murdered by her ‘parents’ no body found and a whole web of lies weaved by them both. It’s really sad that even journalists can’t be bothered to be Bernadette’s voice.

I do wonder if this has anything to do with Scott having been the ‘telegraph tipster’. Seems like they are hoping to sweep this one under the rug.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there. If PT were to do 'due diligence' to the case and the POI's, they would inevitably have to investigate, justify or expose the background of the suspect(s), meaning revealing ScW's role or relationship with the paper. If they had produced press but not a profile of the main suspect, then the local community / public would only have discovered the fact in time. What a mess that would have created for them. Easier to avoid and hope it all goes away....I wonder what his relationship to the paper actually was? Can we glean any more intelligence on that history?

If this is a matter of them avoiding it for that reason, then that is disgraceful.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. If PT were to do 'due diligence' to the case and the POI's, they would inevitably have to investigate, justify or expose the background of the suspect(s), meaning revealing ScW's role or relationship with the paper. If they had produced press but not a profile of the main suspect, then the local community / public would only have discovered the fact in time. What a mess that would have created for them. Easier to avoid and hope it all goes away....I wonder what his relationship to the paper actually was? Can we glean any more intelligence on that history?

If this is a matter of them avoiding it for that reason, then that is disgraceful.
I've been wondering about this also. ScW calls himself the 'Telegraph Tipster' and on LinkedIn claims to be 'Professional at Anything Horses' but is he not just claiming this without any substance behind it. He posts on LinkedIn about horse racing, amongst other things, but almost inavriably gets neither a comment or a like. Does the Peterborough Telegraph even issue racing tips? He has a Twitter account Telegraph Racing @TelegraphTips but again he posts all kinds of stuff on it which is only partly racing, never mentions the PT, and he receives only the odd like and no comments. Is this not just his fantasy?

I know Scott walker called himself 'The Telegraph Tipster' but can anyone confirm that it was an official role at the paper and not just something he called himself?

I have never known PT to cover horse racing.

It seems to me a little sideline he set up himself. He has a page for it on WordPress. Seems he added SaW into the mix as well, calling her Padders Paddock Picks o_O

I can’t think of another case where the local paper hasn’t been all over the court proceedings. Especially one as unusual as this. It makes no sense. It’s an opportunity to have more than clickbait and have other outlets, who can’t be there in person, cite you.

I find it extremely odd that they haven't. From media perspective, that's going to get a lot of hits, clicks, and interest. It's local couple, a murder investigation in the most bizarre trial, the most ludicrous defence (sweet wrappers!) one not even taking the stand. You'd think they'd be all over it.

When you say 'work' do you mean he was paid in some capacity by the Peterborough Telegraph? Is there anything we can look at that demonstrates his 'work'?

My complete guess is that he donated a weekly column or similar, so possibly just paid on each column delivered. I've known a couple of local papers to work like that with cookery/local history/whatever columns.

He probably approached the paper with the idea and they ran it. I doubt he was ever an employee. Just a guess though!

His memory anit that bad that he can’t recall things I remember many years ago reading a post on SaWs social about finding hidden foods and wrappers around the house so he can remember that for if they went that far aback on social media accounts so it adds up.
I find it extremely odd that they haven't. From media perspective, that's going to get a lot of hits, clicks, and interest. It's local couple, a murder investigation in the most bizarre trial, the most ludicrous defence (sweet wrappers!) one not even taking the stand. You'd think they'd be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member