IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrest in April. Trial in October, maybe. "Agreement of parties" is a powerful thing.

Are there deals to be struck? Is this normal? Does the defense need another three months on top of the three it's been already? Neither side minds. My mind wants to do things with this, but I don't know Indiana.
None of the ones I've followed have been decided in that short of time. It seems they set future trial dates as place markers until they have all they need to actually begin to present their case.
There are probably some that go fast and I just haven't seen them.

Arrest in April. Trial in October, maybe. "Agreement of parties" is a powerful thing.

Are there deals to be struck? Is this normal? Does the defense need another three months on top of the three it's been already? Neither side minds. My mind wants to do things with this, but I don't know Indiana.

I don’t really have any specific examples, but being from the county and the nosy person I am, I’ve seen various hearings delayed “by agreement of parties” a lot and am inclined to believe it means very little.

I don’t really have any specific examples, but being from the county and the nosy person I am, I’ve seen various hearings delayed “by agreement of parties” a lot and am inclined to believe it means very little.
Wishful thinking on my part. :(

Accused attempted murderer James Brian Chadwell Jr. seeks venue change

Chadwell continues to be investigated to determine if he's connected to the Delphi killings, Leazenby confirmed Monday, adding that so are other possible suspects.

He did not elaborate about other possible suspects.

In Chadwell's May 21 filing for a change of venue, his attorneys wrote, "Chadwell is unable to receive a fair trial in Tippecanoe County, Indiana, as it has been reported that he is being investigated for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

From the link:

"Accused attempted murderer asks for a change of venue, citing worldwide media coverage"

So, will they asked it be moved out of this world into another?

Seriously, though, IMHO it bodes well for a resolution to the case that Leazenby said on Monday that JBC is still under investigation. If JBC hasn't been actually eliminated on DNA / fingerprint grounds, I have to believe he's as good a suspect as they will likely ever have,

Last edited:
they still can't clear him and he's already changing venue, going to claim prejudice., just like I said and he is not cleared. not even a little cleared.

will he try to use Facebook to show the public's attacking him and judging him even before his trial..which will be an "unfair" trial...wait for him to try to be declared mentally incompetent..

I do believe he is criminally insane. but perfectly sane to stand trial as a serial killer.

mOO

other possible suspects could not even be known yet..they have to say that or it looks like they are unfairly focused on making JBC guilty without a fair chance. mOO
Leazenby was talking about other possible suspects connected to Delphi.

From the link:

Seriously, though, IMHO it bodes well for a resolution to the case that Leazenby said on Monday that JBC is still under investigation. If JBC hasn't been actually eliminated on DNA / fingerprint grounds, I have to believe he's as good a suspect as they will likely ever have,
That was my first thought too hehe. Maybe a trial on one of the new space rockets.

On a serious note the quote in the Article from LE looking at him as a suspect was not recent IMHO and is misleading, but as things stand now I would certainly assume they are still investigating. IMHO

That was my first thought too hehe. Maybe a trial on one of the new space rockets.

On a serious note the quote in the Article from LE looking at him as a suspect was not recent IMHO and is misleading, but as things stand now I would certainly assume they are still investigating. IMHO
As I read it, the article was written today and is quoting Leazenby on Monday of this week. MOO

Chadwell continues to be investigated to determine if he's connected to the Delphi killings, Leazenby confirmed Monday, adding that so are other possible suspects.

BBM

[QUOTE="WildHuncher, post: 16949974, member: 55635"

Seriously, though, IMHO it bodes well for a resolution to the case that Leazenby said on Monday that JBC is still under investigation. If JBC hasn't been actually eliminated on DNA / fingerprint grounds, I have to believe he's as good a suspect as they will likely ever have,[/QUOTE]

If he is granted a change of venue, I highly doubt it will change his fate. The police found a sexually abused and severely beaten nine-year-old girl - in his basement! And his victim has identified him as her would-be murderer. He has absolutely no defense.

I also have a feeling that once he’s sentenced for this hideous crime, he’ll be facing charges for the Delphi murders. I think the fact that LE has not
eliminated him as a suspect speaks volumes. MOO

hasn't been eliminated on footprints either, and no alibi that checks out I bet....and the voice cannot be ruled out...and he probably won't talk.

This is going on since April....will they go to a grand jury? I am sure any forensic shrink that goes thru that Facebook is going to be impressed that he 100 percent fits the profile. I think they have to really spend a lot of time because there has to be other cases he can be traced to.

caught at his own house...just like Keyes..thought he was hot tea with his spanky new dungeon and clueless new neighbors. oh and Evansdale..oh yeah they have to look into that one too..and Flora..so many cold cases just kinda hanging around Indiana,

..mOO

hasn't been eliminated on footprints either, and no alibi that checks out I bet....and the voice cannot be ruled out...and he probably won't talk.

This is going on since April....will they go to a grand jury? I am sure any forensic shrink that goes thru that Facebook is going to be impressed that he 100 percent fits the profile. I think they have to really spend a lot of time because there has to be other cases he can be traced to.

caught at his own house...just like Keyes..thought he was hot tea with his spanky new dungeon and clueless new neighbors. oh and Evansdale..oh yeah they have to look into that one too..and Flora..so many cold cases just kinda hanging around Indiana,

..mOO
I've got to think that the first thing they did was look at reasons he couldn't be involved in Delphi----was he in jail or rehab or out of state?

He hasn't been cleared that way, apparently.

So then they would try an affirmative approach---can they place him in Delphi area that day? I am not sure how they would be able to do that. He seems like a loner/drifter type.

So then they would try an affirmative approach---can they place him in Delphi area that day? I am not sure how they would be able to do that. He seems like a loner/drifter type.
BBM
Best hope might be if any of the eyewitnesses who contributed to the sketches are willing to do a courtroom fingerpoint.

However, someone who gave the police a description back when can be unsure four years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member