WA WA - Logan Schiendelman, 19, Tumwater, 20 May 2016

NOV 23, 2020
True Crime Podcast ‘Hide and Seek’ Back in Thurston County Investigating Cold Case | News | chronline.com
[...]

In season one of “Hide and Seek,” Baysinger investigates the decade-old missing person cold case of Nancy Moyer, a Department of Ecology employee and Tenino resident who abruptly went missing in 2009.

[...]

Though no one was brought to justice for Moyer’s disappearance, “Hide and Seek” received high praise for rekindling the cold case, and some suspect Roberts’ initial confession was spurred on by the attention the podcast brought to the case.

[...]

Now, Baysinger is back in Thurston County for season two focusing on a new cold case: The 2016 disappearance of 19-year-old Tumwater resident Logan Schiendelman.

The new season does not have a release date yet, though Baysinger said he wants to establish a December release for episode one in the near future.

Baysinger is currently investigating the case and likes to start the season while he is still investigating so listeners feel like they are right there with him.

[...]

And there are some added advantages for Baysinger choosing this particular case, such as the relationship he has already built with the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office from season one.

“They are similar in the sense that they just disappeared,” Baysinger said about how season two will stack up with season one, “but very different when it comes to looking at the profiles of their lives … one’s 19, one’s 36, one has been married, one is just starting his life.”

[...]

But there are also new challenges in season two that Baysinger is confronted with, the coronavirus being the most glaring.

Being someone who characterizes himself as a “boots on the ground” kind of investigator, “it’s not as easy to be able to go knock on doors … or to meet with individuals in person,” Baysinger said. “It’s easier for someone to flake out or to say ‘I’m busy, something came up.’”

[...]

This case suffers from a lot of missing info that only the people closest to him would be privy too. IE: who he was hanging out with at the time of his disappearance, close friends, girlfriend?? (CELL RECORDS?)
The possible extent of his drug use, possible harder drugs than just pot? Harder drugs can make people do weird things like abandoning cars on freeways and throwing logic out the window. Were there any reports of him having manic episodes? extreme mood swings? etc?
I would caution believing eyewitness statements, but I just read somewhere that three different 911 calls reported the car hitting the center median. If that's the case it sounds like someone bailed out of the car, and let it roll across the freeway for some reason. The million dollar question is WHO?

The first episode of Hide and Seek Season 2 is out! I am not sure if I'm able to link to the podcast itself here, but the episode is called "The Epiphany" and is available on all platforms I can see. I think it will generate interest and hopefully leads like the first season.

Hide and Seek - The Epiphany on Stitcher
I thought it was well done. All the info about who he'd been talking to on the phone was what we have been lacking in this case... also the first I've heard about Logan placing the TV outside his room. I find this concerning - as many paranoid schizophrenics believe their electronics are spying on them.

I used to live in Tumwater on T St (off Capitol Blvd) and I used to work right in back of the Olympia Regional Airport. I worked for Providence Hospital doing medical records at their business office in a complex on Terminal St (off Tumwater Blvd) but would sometimes work at the actual hospital on Lilly Rd (near Martin Way/I5). It’s crazy to think that I could have even been driving by the day his car was found drifting across the highway into the median. I don’t even remember there being much coverage on this case and I didn’t even find out about it through the news, I think I found out about it because I was looking through Charley Project and Websleuths.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The second episode was better than the first! If you haven't checked out Hide and Seek Season 2...please do. Though I have some small notes for the host they're mostly petty. He is really getting farther than investigators ever did. I'm honestly shook!

The first episode of Hide and Seek Season 2 is out! I am not sure if I'm able to link to the podcast itself here, but the episode is called "The Epiphany" and is available on all platforms I can see. I think it will generate interest and hopefully leads like the first season.

Hide and Seek - The Epiphany on Stitcher

The second episode was better than the first! If you haven't checked out Hide and Seek Season 2...please do. Though I have some small notes for the host they're mostly petty. He is really getting farther than investigators ever did. I'm honestly shook!

This is a really well done podcast thanks! How many episodes has there been? I just listened to "Epiphany". I did not know that he told basically the same thing to both his grandma and a girl he was talking to. "Not sure If I'm going to make it" "Don't if know if I'll survive" This does not sound like someone very upbeat about life to me. This leads me more to the conclusion that he a) had a bad mental breakdown b) decided to run off the freeway into the woods and maybe commit suicide somehow. I need to listen to more future episodes. Was there ever any other confirmation he may have been using some harder drugs? Something that would heighten is paranoia and cause him to snap?

This is a really well done podcast thanks! How many episodes has there been? I just listened to "Epiphany". I did not know that he told basically the same thing to both his grandma and a girl he was talking to. "Not sure If I'm going to make it" "Don't if know if I'll survive" This does not sound like someone very upbeat about life to me. This leads me more to the conclusion that he a) had a bad mental breakdown b) decided to run off the freeway into the woods and maybe commit suicide somehow. I need to listen to more future episodes. Was there ever any other confirmation he may have been using some harder drugs? Something that would heighten is paranoia and cause him to snap?

So far just 2 episodes focusing on Logan, but the second one really blew my mind! The first season of the same podcast covers a different missing person in a different but nearby area-Nancy Moyer. Both cases got meager local news coverage at the time, and now it would appear that the authorities may have left some stones unturned. The host is just amazing me with how fast he's running through the list of leads after all this time, and actually getting some results!

I hear what you're saying above about hard drugs and heightened paranoia...I have circled back to the possibility of more than just pot being a factor in what may have happened. I can't drive that stretch of I-5 and not think of him, it's so great there's some light being shone on his case again!

On May 20, 2016, Logan Schiendelman’s black 1996 Chrysler Sebring convertible was found abandoned on Interstate 5 between Tumwater and Maytown, Washington, one day after he was last seen at his parents’ home. Several drivers called 911 to report the vehicle on the shoulder and seeing a man, described as white with light brown or red hair jumping out and running into the woods. In 2018, a woman came forward saying she thought she saw two men in the back seat with a man matching Logan’s description. The Thurston County Sheriff’s Office has received many tips regarding potential sightings, as well as where remains may be located, but there have been no concrete leads into his disappearance. Nearly 14,000 people are part of the Facebook group ‘Logan Schiendelman is Missing’ and family members continue to post periodic updates on the case. Foul play has not been ruled out in the case, and Logan’s loved ones say they cannot imagine that he would run away. There is currently a $15,000 reward for information leading to his whereabouts. If you have any information regarding Logan’s case, please call Det. Frawley at the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office (360) 786-5599.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

APR 16, 2021
Event to Bring Awareness to Local Unsolved Cases Set for Saturday | The Daily Chronicle (chronline.com)
Friends and family of three victims of local unsolved missing or murdered persons cases are inviting the community to join them for a “honk and wave” in Grand Mound Saturday evening to bring awareness to their loved ones’ cases.

Attendees will gather in the park-and-ride on Southwest Tenino Grand Mound Road and hold signs and fliers with information on three unsolved missing or murdered victims: Matthew Anfeldt, Logan Schiendelman and Karen Bodine.

[...]

APR 20, 2021
Photos: Honk-and-Wave Raises Awareness for South Thurston County Cold Cases | The Daily Chronicle (chronline.com)

The podcast has really been interesting and frustrating . Honestly, I don’t exactly have an idea as to what happened to him but I do think that his sister has more information and his grandmother has basically tried to look the other way and has always found an excuse for her behavior no matter how odd.

This makes me wonder what it was like for Logan growing up, did his grandmother favor his sister? Anyone else notice how she always kind of talks negatively about Logan (he got good grades but didn’t study, much to my annoyance; he was a star football player and I had to freeze while standing to watch his games) I find that odd, like she has a little dig at him anytime she talks about him. Yet, here is her granddaughter, may know more than she is saying, still lives at home in her late twenties, has brought multiple loser boyfriends to live in her home but she NEVER has a bad word to say about her, she’s always defending her, was that also the dynamic when Logan was growing up? My guess is probably. I feel horrible for Logan, I feel like if it wasn’t for his aunt and uncle this case would be mostly unknown. I have personally emailed back and forth with his aunt and it breaks my heart, all she wants is answers, something that his own grandmother doesn’t really seem to be pushing for.

The podcast has really been interesting and frustrating . Honestly, I don’t exactly have an idea as to what happened to him but I do think that his sister has more information and his grandmother has basically tried to look the other way and has always found an excuse for her behavior no matter how odd.

This makes me wonder what it was like for Logan growing up, did his grandmother favor his sister? Anyone else notice how she always kind of talks negatively about Logan (he got good grades but didn’t study, much to my annoyance; he was a star football player and I had to freeze while standing to watch his games) I find that odd, like she has a little dig at him anytime she talks about him. Yet, here is her granddaughter, may know more than she is saying, still lives at home in her late twenties, has brought multiple loser boyfriends to live in her home but she NEVER has a bad word to say about her, she’s always defending her, was that also the dynamic when Logan was growing up? My guess is probably. I feel horrible for Logan, I feel like if it wasn’t for his aunt and uncle this case would be mostly unknown. I have personally emailed back and forth with his aunt and it breaks my heart, all she wants is answers, something that his own grandmother doesn’t really seem to be pushing for.

I find it sketchy, i wonder if those opinions lead Logan's grandmother to think that he might have ranaway.

James revealed that Logan had asked for "oil" in a few texts to local dealers. That would be pure THC extract, hash oil street name "butter""dabs". Some people who abuse it can become not only addicted, but can experience paranoia even hallucinations. I believe Logan got heavy into dabbing like his non talkative half sister. The other thing that really bothers me is that it was revealed oregano was found in the trunk of his car. The amount wasn't specified, but it was not to make lasagna. Oregano is used to scam naive pot buyers. Either bagging it up by itself, or mixing it with seeds and stems. The only problem is a bad drug deal even for pot can be fatal. It's happened in the past. I believe the only way this case is solved is either going to be through DNA examination of Logan's car (now in James possession) or someone with balls to forget the "never snitch" street code and just spill what they may know. That's what anonymous tips on Crime Stoppers are for! I also feel there's still a connection somewhere with those two dirtbags who killed Dakota Walker five months later in the Capitol Forest. If Logan did not disappear on his own, someone in the local dealer circle knows more about what happened to him. Like who took his car and jumped out of it still rolling on the freeway???

James revealed that Logan had asked for "oil" in a few texts to local dealers. That would be pure THC extract, hash oil street name "butter""dabs". Some people who abuse it can become not only addicted, but can experience paranoia even hallucinations. I believe Logan got heavy into dabbing like his non talkative half sister. The other thing that really bothers me is that it was revealed oregano was found in the trunk of his car. The amount wasn't specified, but it was not to make lasagna. Oregano is used to scam naive pot buyers. Either bagging it up by itself, or mixing it with seeds and stems. The only problem is a bad drug deal even for pot can be fatal. It's happened in the past.

RSBM~

I don't know about this. I do think it's possible he abused dabs, and the dab usage may have triggered underlying mental health conditions like schizophrenia, bipolar, and others, but the oregano in the trunk would only realistically fool a young teenager beginning to "experiment". I don't think he would try to sell oregano or try to cut his pot with oregano to people who realistically had the means to kill him, especially considering it would probably be way easier for the potential buyers to just outsource getting it at a local dispensary. I'm sure there are plenty in Tumwater.

I wish I had more of an idea of what could've happened to Logan. The car details are quite disturbing. I think he was probably murdered. I don't think he ran away. But I don't have any idea of the circumstances behind it.

James revealed that Logan had asked for "oil" in a few texts to local dealers. That would be pure THC extract, hash oil street name "butter""dabs". Some people who abuse it can become not only addicted, but can experience paranoia even hallucinations. I believe Logan got heavy into dabbing like his non talkative half sister. The other thing that really bothers me is that it was revealed oregano was found in the trunk of his car. The amount wasn't specified, but it was not to make lasagna. Oregano is used to scam naive pot buyers. Either bagging it up by itself, or mixing it with seeds and stems. The only problem is a bad drug deal even for pot can be fatal. It's happened in the past. I believe the only way this case is solved is either going to be through DNA examination of Logan's car (now in James possession) or someone with balls to forget the "never snitch" street code and just spill what they may know. That's what anonymous tips on Crime Stoppers are for! I also feel there's still a connection somewhere with those two dirtbags who killed Dakota Walker five months later in the Capitol Forest. If Logan did not disappear on his own, someone in the local dealer circle knows more about what happened to him. Like who took his car and jumped out of it still rolling on the freeway???

Just to clarify oils are not equal to dabs. Oils are THC, concentrated so that it can be used with a vape pen, but they are not necessarily any stronger than regular weed (if you smoke "hydro", not "reggie"... ).

Dabs on the other hand, are ultra concentrated wax, and ARE extremely more potent. Oils and dabs, would've been pretty rare to find back in 2009..which makes me think he definitely had some high level connections.

But yes, the oregano in the car...not a good sign. Definitely thinking foul play now by the two men last seen with him - they might've gotten ripped off.

Just to clarify oils are not equal to dabs. Oils are THC, concentrated so that it can be used with a vape pen, but they are not necessarily any stronger than regular weed (if he smoked "hydro", not "reggie"... ).

Dabs on the other hand, are ultra concentrated wax, and ARE extremely more potent.

But yes, the oregano in the car...not a good sign. Definitely thinking foul play now by the two men last seen with him - they might've gotten ripped off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back