MN MN - Janet Kramer, 13, Willmar, 1 Jan 1971

I wonder if she went missing actually on January 1, or whether she went missing at an undisclosed/unknown date in 1971. I know that if the exact date is unknown, January 1st is the date listed as the default.

The actual date that she went missing is unknown. When she was listed as missing by her sister, they did not know the date, so it was estimated.

Is she really still missing? Is there a way to confirm this? I only ask because there are some Janet Kramers on social media that could possibly be her, there was also a car purchase in Hermantown,MN made by a Janet Kramer (it was a 2008 but doesn't list the year of the purchase). There's also a police report from 2007 in FL which could be the same age, all the same middle names or no middle name but a resemblance. Is it possible she's been located and NamUs isn't updated? Just curious. I know Kramer a relatively common name, but check around outside of the missing person cases and you'll see what I mean.

As her niece, I can confirm that she has not been found by us. Her family is still actively trying to find her.

Doesn't the circled girl in this photo look like Janet too? This article is from March of 1972.

IF these are the same Janet Kramer then she I sincerely question the MP report because I have found several school activities related articles mentioning her in middle school and high school.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190903-033233_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190903-033233_Chrome.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 53
Janet's current Charley Project page:

janet_ann_kramer_1.jpg
kramer_janet_ap.jpg

Janet, circa 1971; Age-progression to age 61 (circa 2018)

Janet Ann Kramer – The Charley Project

I find so upsetting that disappearances involving group homes are so vague... Rose Lena Cole, Janet Ann Kramer and many others; there should be plenty of information about them... Instead of that we have to believe "they run away"; ok, let's assume they run away, their disapparances should have appeared in the media, but... no, there's only silence.
Teenagers have the right to be stupid and do stupid things, adults, especially those who have promised to protect others, have the responsability to take care of them.
I'm a teacher and I can't imagine the pain if one of my pupils disappeared, but I want to believe that I would cooperate in the investigation. Where are the people from the group homes? Were they ever interviewed by LE? I know this places can be messy, many people, not a very good atmosphere... and yet, she was just a child and she needed help.

I find so upsetting that disappearances involving group homes are so vague... Rose Lena Cole, Janet Ann Kramer and many others; there should be plenty of information about them... Instead of that we have to believe "they run away"; ok, let's assume they run away, their disapparances should have appeared in the media, but... no, there's only silence.
Teenagers have the right to be stupid and do stupid things, adults, especially those who have promised to protect others, have the responsability to take care of them.
I'm a teacher and I can't imagine the pain if one of my pupils disappeared, but I want to believe that I would cooperate in the investigation. Where are the people from the group homes? Were they ever interviewed by LE? I know this places can be messy, many people, not a very good atmosphere... and yet, she was just a child and she needed help.

Patricia Taylor was a ward of the state and went missing from a group home in OK. She had a history of running away. But the last time she left, sometime in Aug. of 1981, it doesn't appear the home or the state made any attempts to locate her and let her simply age out of the system. I'm not sure where the breakdown in communications was.

Bumping, why was she at a group home? Where was the sister while she was the group home? Did she not make it back to visit family, or did she make it back and never return? Was her only available photo one of her after a fight, or a beating from the group home or a family member? Hoping she ran away and is just living a better life. So many easy questions nobody ever asks or tries to solve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back