Found Deceased CA - Philip Kreycik, 37, Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, 10 Jul 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what the statistics are on grown adults who have been kidnapped...
This case is baffling with absolutely no evidence and it looks like he just vanished into thin air. Of course, we all know people don't just vanish.

So, this article likely has been referenced at some point as it is from July 14th Pleasanton: Official search ends for missing runner Philip Kreycik

What I am curious about is this quote about PK being out and about on cameras, etc:

“We’re in the process of putting all the images together, and we intend to release it,” Alameda County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sgt. Ray Kelly said. “We want to get as many eyes looking at those images as we can. Maybe somebody out there will see something, nobody else sees.”

Has anyone seen a compilation?

Another quote from that same article I find unusual/interesting:

“The strangest thing about this is that nobody has seen him,” Kelly said. “And no matter where you go in this park, even if you get lost, you’ll not need a lot of time to come across a road or a trail that will lead you back.”

(Kelly refers to Alameda County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sgt. Ray Kelly)

Pleasanton: Official search ends for missing runner Philip Kreycik

Has anyone heard if searchers have yet to bring cadaver dogs into the park where’s he was alleged to run?

If not, I think it’s time to do so!

I agree. From the AMA:
“If Philip is in the park and has now passed away, an area search dog specialized in decomposing bodies may be our best bet now that we are within the time window for that, and we're looking into conducting such a search.”

Still No Trace of Missing Berkeley Runner Philip Kreycik; Detectives Call the Case 'Baffling'

“He left his shirt and cellphone in the car, and was running with a smartwatch that was not equipped with GPS.”

Just to clear up some confusion about his clothing: Per reports, there was ONE shirt found in his car. IMO, I’m assuming the shirt that was found in the car was the shirt he was seen wearing in the UPS surveillance footage.

If there was one shirt found in the car and no other clothing in the car, was he planning to wear his sweaty shorts to meet up with his family in Stockton? After a run in that kind of heat, I would personally want to change into something fresh!

If there was one shirt found in the car and no other clothing in the car, was he planning to wear his sweaty shorts to meet up with his family in Stockton? After a run in that kind of heat, I would personally want to change into something fresh!

After I posted that I realized they’re calling it “his shirt” IMO probably because that’s what he was wearing in the surveillance footage - BUT they don’t give us an inventory of everything that was in his car (they just mention two items - usually people have more than two items in their car) so there very well could have been more clothing. That would’ve been a great AMA question on the off chance TC was privy to that info.

In the attached article it states that Phillip was experienced in exercising in the extreme heat, but in the AMA doc his friend says that Phillip was not accustomed to running much beyond the mid 80’s due to his usual running spots where he lives, as well as taking his typical runs in the early morning or later evening times when temps are cooler.
I must say, as much as my ten-year running partner thinks he knows me… not quite. Running, A gorgeous solitary sport. Drawing not ‘just a few’ introverts; I love doing different things when I’m alone. As much as my best buds know my “whole” habits while trail running, they don’t know the ‘half’ of how I run when alone. Anecdotal.

Just my opinion only.
I have to assume the phone and wallet in the car were hidden somewhere out of sight. The shirt possibly not. But to leave anything like a backpack or gym bag in plain view in a car at a trailhead is just inviting someone to break in. I would have left a bag with a change of clothes in the trunk if I had brought one. We just don't know if he did something like that.

Regarding the return package, my hunch is that maybe he was returning some running shoes. That might explain him trail running in well worn non trail-specific Saucony shoes (source Philip Kreycik Search - VOLUNTEER NEEDS & FAQ).

As I understand what I’ve read, the Chris bro went back and took pictures. <modsnip: Not victim friendly>

I have reread the part of the AMA where he discusses the prints a few times, and I am completely confused by it. It reads as though he just happened to have photos of the prints, and then realized what he had? Have I understood him correctly? If so, were these by a drone or something? Trying to wrap my mind around why he had photos of the ground? Was he just walking and snapping pics of everything hoping to find something?

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

He did not even know if he drank alcohol, so not super close it would seem to me. He has posted elsewhere that they were in a running group together. Wonder if they often car pooled as they did on Friday evening?

Last edited by a moderator:
2 weeks on, friend reveals details on missing Bay Area runner

July 26
TO NOTE:

•they've verified Kreycik's whereabouts leading up to his disappearance
•CCTV at a UPS store where Kreycik was dropping off a package (a returned item) shows him entering and leaving the lot, and traffic cameras and the car's FastTrak also trace him to the staging area
•Scent dogs were only able to track Kreycik from his car to the trailhead
•family tried hard to give uncontaminated items to [search and rescue] for the search, but ultimately it seemed the dogs would instead pick up on the scent of others in the area
•no evidence that he made it out of the park, and the search for video at potential exit points has turned up nothing so far
•All signs currently still point to him having gone for a run in the park and not having left it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member