GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if this has been posted, but there is a full recording of SaW’s telephone cover station with the police when reporting B missing.
Father guilty of murdering daughter after sexual abuse claim

Listening to that recording, I can well believe that SaW's defense team were not at all keen on her taking the stand to give evidence... she simply cannot stop talking, and would have undoubtedly have incriminated herself (MOO). Thankfully it didn't make any difference her taking the stand or not because the jury did a great job!

Last edited:
I still can’t work out why they were so careful turning the phones on and off on the 18th then the next day that goes out the window. Did they get overwhelmed and forget about the phones? I can’t understand one minute being smart and then the next day being really careless?

EBM

You have made the point that I was reluctant to earlier. Scott Walker (he's now been convicted so we should be able to name him) claimed that the two oldest boys would back him up with his lie by agreeing that Bernadette had admitted to them she'd lied about Scott Walker sexually abusing her. If the police had asked them if this were true when it so obviously wasn't, would they be facing charges too? I don't doubt that he was capable of coercion as that was what the police said when they arrested him. He obviously felt confident that he'd worked on them sufficiently that they would go along with what he was telling police. Unless he wqas just ************ on the hoof. Just MOO based on the arrest video.

Just a small point but, once they were charged, we've always been allowed to use their names ... look back through my comments, I've always used their names.

Sarah: She messaged me to tell me to stop messaging her friends so she’s obviously with someone I’ve messaged

How did she not expect to get found out here? Or when she said her friend messaged her apologising (the friend Bernadette told about the sexual abuse) and then didn’t elaborate on what he was apologising about after she’d already given his name to police. Did they think police wouldn’t ask this friend why he would apologise?

I still can’t work out why they were so careful turning the phones on and off on the 18th then the next day that goes out the window. Did they get overwhelmed and forget about the phones? I can’t understand one minute being smart and then the next day being really careless?

i have pointed this out numerous times. They go from incredibly thick to incredibly smart and back again. One minute they are telling ridiculous stories that are laughable to being smart enough to leave false trails and confusing electronic data. We also have no body, no dna, no struggle, no witnesses…but at the same time their version of events is so laughable bad, it holds up to no scrutiny

I bet the police were onto her straight away from this. Even the professionalism of the operator cant hide the fact it was extraordinary that SaW hadnt been to the ex bf's house. SaW actually said she wasnt about to go"knocking on people's doors". Of course you would! You'd tear the place down looking. No emotions, no distress, nothing :mad:

I bet the police were onto her straight away from this. Even the professionalism of the operator cant hide the fact it was extraordinary that SaW hadnt been to the ex bf's house. SaW actually said she wasnt about to go"knocking on people's doors". Of course you would! You'd tear the place down looking. No emotions, no distress, nothing :mad:

She gets quite defensive at that point, trying to justify it as though it'd only just occurred to her that contacting the ex might be the first thing a normal person would do

EBM

You have made the point that I was reluctant to earlier. Scott Walker (he's now been convicted so we should be able to name him) claimed that the two oldest boys would back him up with his lie by agreeing that Bernadette had admitted to them she'd lied about Scott Walker sexually abusing her. If the police had asked them if this were true when it so obviously wasn't, would they be facing charges too? I don't doubt that he was capable of coercion as that was what the police said when they arrested him. He obviously felt confident that he'd worked on them sufficiently that they would go along with what he was telling police. Unless he wqas just ************ on the hoof. Just MOO based on the arrest video.
I think it's highly likely that both ScW and SaW would be involved in coercion here ,trying to protect themselves as usual incase they were ever arrested. MOO

Because in their minds the deed was done. They only needed to be careful for that moment. Idiots. MOO

Blimey, that call from Sarah to the police. What a waffly, lying pile of old bobbins. I agree - the operator must have had red flags pinging up all over the place.

Sarah would have probably known that Bernadette, her own daughter, had been murdered at this point. How in the name of God can a mother describe her daughter like that, completely devoid of emotion, knowing that she's dead.

Sarah doesn't only blame Bernadette for the whole thing - the running away - she also happily implies that Bernadette might have stolen money from her. And the horrible 'I think she might have been getting a little bit down...I put it down to not being at college.'

SO many self-regarding moments. The little pause after referring to the baby cluster feeding and pointlessly saying '...because she's breastfed' as though the op was going to congratulate her.

Sarah literally didn't care about Bernadette, did she? The lies, the lies, the lies. Her daughter has just been killed - she is thoroughly callous. It's astonishing. That poor, poor girl.

Blimey, that call from Sarah to the police. What a waffly, lying pile of old bobbins. I agree - the operator must have had red flags pinging up all over the place.

Sarah would have probably known that Bernadette, her own daughter, had been murdered at this point. How in the name of God can a mother describe her daughter like that, completely devoid of emotion, knowing that she's dead.

Sarah doesn't only blame Bernadette for the whole thing - the running away - she also happily implies that Bernadette might have stolen money from her. And the horrible 'I think she might have been getting a little bit down...I put it down to not being at college.'

SO many self-regarding moments. The little pause after referring to the baby cluster feeding and pointlessly saying '...because she's breastfed' as though the op was going to congratulate her.

Sarah literally didn't care about Bernadette, did she? The lies, the lies, the lies. Her daughter has just been killed - she is thoroughly callous. It's astonishing. That poor, poor girl.

Exactly what I picked up on too. Even if she was trying to stay calm to report it, at some point in that 30mins you'd think she'd get emotional. There is literally nothing. Heartbreaking.

MOD TIP:

FIRST - we ask that if you have a question about moderators’ actions, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ON THE THREAD. That derails the flow of the case discussion, and is actually a violation of TOS. We are happy to answer any questions about TOS when you send them in a Report (click the word Report at the bottom of any post) OR in a PM to one of us.

When a post is removed by a moderator, a notification is auto-sent to the member that includes a brief explanation of why it was removed. The notification will be in your ALERTS button at the top right of your screen on a tablet, laptop or desktop. You may have to look for the ALERTS button elsewhere on a phone screen, but it will be there somewhere.

The most frequent reason posts are removed are because they quote a PREVIOUS post that was removed. If you reply to a post that subsequently is removed for any reason, then your post will be subject to removal as well. Otherwise the offending post would remain in print and that is counterproductive to enforcing the TOS.

Moderators do their best to explain why your post has been removed, but on busy threads, when there are many posts that are in question, there is not always time to give a detailed reason. Sometimes we simply say ‘Thread cleanup’ OR we aren’t able to write at all. There are only a handful of volunteer moderators and thousands of posts every day that need to be reviewed. We do the best we can to handle them all respectfully and responsibly.

Moderators are not able to go back and find specific posts that have been removed, nor are we able to send a copy of that post to the member who wrote it. It is a good idea to check that you are not replying to a post that is clearly violating the TOS, and to always re-read your own post before clicking REPLY to be sure it is not violating any if the rules. Websleuths owner Tricia Griffiths has given moderators discretion to use their judgment on all decisions regarding TOS.

Hope this helps explain the rules further and makes for a smoother thread. We thank everyone for your continuing efforts to insure Websleuths is the gold standard in true crime discussion boards.

If a rape allegation was specified by Bee, then why in the arrest video to they only arrest Scott for sexual abuse and not rape too?
Is that normal to just call it sexual abuse when rape is included?

If a rape allegation was specified by Bee, then why in the arrest video to they only arrest Scott for sexual abuse and not rape too?
Is that normal to just call it sexual abuse when rape is included?
If a rape allegation was specified by Bee ? I have only ever seen claims of sexual abuse with no details as to what that constituted. Apart from the camera spying on her in the bathroom. Have you seen the word rape mentioned anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong