AZ AZ - Amy Yachimec, 13, Phoenix, 6 Nov 1981

Even after reading about Amy's neighbor, I am still thoroughly convinced Amy is Blairstown's Princess Doe.

My theory is that Amy went with her neighbor Raymond Diaz and his wife (either willingly or unwillingly), who possibly raped her and then sold her into the sex trade. She was sent to New York City where she remained until she was murdered by Arthur Kinlaw (for whom it sounds like she was working as a prostitute.)

It certainly sounds like Diaz had sex trafficking connections, especially given his threats made towards Amy that her friend recalls. Isotope testing on Princess Doe shows she grew up in Arizona but had spent the last 5 months (at least) of her life in Long Island, and between 7-10 months before her death she spent time in the midwest/northeast. Amy disappeared November 1981--Princess Doe was killed July 1982--8 1/2 months later. What if she was sold to a person who brought her across the country and through the midwest and settled in Long Island, where she was sold to the Kinlaws who then murdered her for some reason? What if Diaz and his wife claimed they killed her knowing that her body would never be found (since she wasn't dead), therefore they'd never be convicted of it? It sounds like Diaz was messed up on drugs, hearing how he showed up at Amy's house naked antagonizing them. People will do crazy things if they're addicted to drugs, such as befriend a teenager and sell her for drug money. Also, I'm guessing that most girls who are kidnapped and sold into the sex trade are forced to use drugs and develop a drug habit, making it nearly impossible for them to leave, which would explain why Amy (according to my theory, anyway) worked as a prostitute for nearly a year before being killed.

I am wondering who told Amy's sister she was raped, murdered, and buried under a bush in the desert?

I thought I would post this here since it’s connected to Arthur Kinlaw. Apparently he left to Florida in 1984. I had posted a lot of information on him on this post. If Amy ended up in Long Island I wonder if she was in Bellport which is where Kinlaw had a home.

NY - NY - Bronx (East River), WhtFem, Unk Age, Possibly Named 'Linda', May'84

Amy's killer plead guilty today, according to her sister's post on the Find Amy FB page. Sentencing will be August 30th. They have waited an incredibly long time.

Unfortunately, the plea deal does not include any information that would help locate Amy's remains. From earlier on the thread, it seemed that detectives have reason to believe she was murdered very shortly after she was taken and likely buried in the desert in Arizona.

Amy's case will be considered legally closed, but please don't forget about her. Keep your eye out for unidentified remains matching Amy's description and rough last known location. Hopefully one day, Amy's family can have that last measure of justice in having Amy returned home.

Amy's family is having a celebration of life next month. Her family has suffered so much. I want to do something or bring something for them. I just don't know if Flowers are appropriate?

Your presence and anyone able to attend will most likely be appreciated immensely but I would say flowers are a kind, thoughtful gesture. Maybe a potted plant that they can plant in the ground to last longer rather than cut flowers that die quickly? Maybe a small trinket with a note so they don't have to worry about carrying anything around? Not sure. Like I said bringing yourself is enough. Sending prayers to her family! What a heartbreaking case. I've been following this case for many years. Terrible.

From her sister's information, it seems Amy is in the desert. I do think her facial structure resembles Atlantic Highlands UID found in New Jersey though. Possible, if she was not killed that same evening?

Such an incredibly sad case. Her poor sister.....

View attachment 317567 View attachment 317568

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There is a resemblance. Ironic how Amy has such a strong resemblance to 2 different deceased girls in NJ. Blairstown Doe and Atlantic Highlands Doe.

Your presence and anyone able to attend will most likely be appreciated immensely but I would say flowers are a kind, thoughtful gesture. Maybe a potted plant that they can plant in the ground to last longer rather than cut flowers that die quickly? Maybe a small trinket with a note so they don't have to worry about carrying anything around? Not sure. Like I said bringing yourself is enough. Sending prayers to her family! What a heartbreaking case. I've been following this case for many years. Terrible.
Thank you, I think a plant is a great idea!

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for Amy Yachimec? I would greatly appreciate it.

MIssing for over 41 years....

Amy Marie Yachimec
Amy Marie Yachimec
Amy Marie Yachimec
Amy Marie Yachimec
Amy Marie Yachimec

Name: Amy Marie Yachimec
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: November 6, 1981
Location Last Seen: Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: February 24, 1968
Race: White
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 105 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Ears are pierced

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Blue terry cloth short sleeve shirt, maroon colored slacks, and blue slip on shoes.
Jewelry: Thin gold chain necklace and gold post earrings.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Amy Marie Yachimec was last seen in Phoenix. Foul play is suspected.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Maricopa County Sheriff's Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Kristina Hiers
Agency Phone Number: 602-876-3868
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 88-10402

NamUs Case Number: 4575
NCIC Case Number: M369727705

Information Source(s)​

Namus
CADOJ

Members online