GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately the jury disagree. If she thought she was alive and about to walk in the door any minute, why would she be sending messages via reset accounts and text to hinder any investigation? Giving false information to the police? Lying about previously running away? Pressuring people to make fake sightings?

This would all come crashing down if she thought she was alive, as the girl has been disconnected from all her social media accounts so she can’t reach out, and surely will see it the second she returns from her running away episode

unfortunately the jury disagree. If she thought she was alive and about to walk in the door any minute, why would she be sending messages via reset accounts and text to hinder any investigation? Giving false information to the police? Lying about previously running away? Pressuring people to make fake sightings?

This would all come crashing down if she thought she was alive, as the girl has been disconnected from all her social media accounts so she can’t reach out, and surely will see it the second she returns from her running away episode
Scott may have convinced her that she was safe somewhere. Sarah went along with it but had her doubts, she said so to COC, and contacted the police way earlier than was necessary considering we were in lockdown, though she still lied to them. It's odd behavior.

Have there been any reports of his, or her reaction to the verdicts? I would have thought there was some emotions on show given his breakdown in the dock during questioning, and her shouting out just prior to the jury being directed for a majority on her charges, but I can’t recall seeing anything mentioned.
I’m hoping to go to the sentencing so will let everyone know how they react to that.

Scott may have convinced her that she was safe somewhere. Sarah went along with it but had her doubts, she said so to COC, and contacted the police way earlier than was necessary considering we were in lockdown, though she still lied to them. It's odd behavior.
She contacted them "way earlier than was necessary "?

Is this your personal opinion?

In my opinion, she contacted them much later than a loving parent would have done.

I took it to mean that no one but the parents and other children would know she was missing so she could have left it later to report. But I don’t think she really could have left it any later, already raised suspicions by leaving it those couple of days

I don't know - in July lockdown was easing, people were beginning to go out again and meet up outside. Even so, her friends would have noticed her absence from social media, and when they finally did report her missing they couldn't have lied about the date she was last seen without her siblings noticing the inaccuracy... And also her lack of mobile phone history would have flagged up as inconsistent.

Operator: Is her phone switched on now?

Sarah Walker: No..... She didn't take her charger

CLANG! She back-peddled there mentioning the charger quickly, but not before saying she knew her phone was switched off, and no "maybe she used a friends charger"

Omg.. that call is so damning.. sat for 3 days wondering where you're daughter is.. would you not have already asked yourself these questions over and over and not need to cough and say erm whilst you think...and the fact she dropped in her son isn't a reliable source!!! Sorry if already mentioned just catching up and that angered me

It is illegal regardless as he was her step father.
he isn't her step father as ScW and SaW are n
I am still not convinced SaW is guilty of knowing B is dead. IMO she believed whatever Scott told her but seriously doubt it was about murder. She maybe guilty of being gullible and naive, selfish even, but..
Well the Jury decided she was. They would have heard and seen far more evidence than we and were much better equipped to make that decision.

I had a trip out today.
Along the A15, past Glinton, McDonald's, the Barn Garden Centre, and all along the A47 to Kings Lynn and beyond.
I was struck by how dense the shrubs, hedging and trees are, bordering the roads.
And I was reminded just how vicious the currents are in the Nene, that runs directly by the side of the road, right out to The Wash.
All I kept thinking, that whole way, was "Where are you, Bernadette?"

She contacted them "way earlier than was necessary "?

Is this your personal opinion?

In my opinion, she contacted them much later than a loving parent would have done.
I agree a sensible parent wouldn't have waited and lied, but it doesn't mean she thought her daughter was dead, just safely away. IMO

Why would she invent places she was staying at? And fabricate messages from Bee asking to stay with her gran?
I don't know. Just stating that in my opinion I am not convinced that she knows B is dead even now.
Will be interesting to hear the other information at sentencing.

I agree a sensible parent wouldn't have waited and lied, but it doesn't mean she thought her daughter was dead, just safely away. IMO

But she doesn't know she is safe. She has Bernadette's phone (and has already sent messages to Bernadette's friends pretending to be her) so has no contact with her. Even if you believe her version of events you have to believe that she thought that Bee fled the car without her bag, money or phone - even the most laid back parents would think "Oh well, she's ran away before, she must be safe"

Safely away ? with no phone, no money, no extra clothes - and no access to her Facebook or other social media accounts, because her mother had changed the passwords on them, while Bernadette was - allegedly - being driven home by Scott. Yep, very safe.

I
I had a trip out today.
Along the A15, past Glinton, McDonald's, the Barn Garden Centre, and all along the A47 to Kings Lynn and beyond.
I was struck by how dense the shrubs, hedging and trees are, bordering the roads.
And I was reminded just how vicious the currents are in the Nene, that runs directly by the side of the road, right out to The Wash.
Ive said this across multiple threads, it’s so difficult to try and look for someone if they were missing even for a week let alone this long. Michael Smith who they found last year was missing for 10 months until his body was found (albeit different circumstances entirely).

I had a trip out today.

It’s my route to and from deeping daily. It’s needle in haystack stuff. Could be literally anywhere. It’s why I kept arguing that no grave was needed, as it’s all dykes, ditches, quarries, coppices and lakes. It floods. It changes.

I originally thought more towards crowland, but after seeing the evidence in court, that night trip was to discard the phone and push the blame on the friend out there. I think it was all done that Morning just after pick up. I am leaning towards peakirk due to the horse slip, but even then that’s a blind stab

If I remember rightly we figured the password changing was likely done because you have to change a password to gain access to accounts when you don't know the current password.
So that was just to gain access to the accounts, to begin posing as B.

The act of falsely impersonating B could be done because she knew b wouldn't be around anymore to say otherwise.

But the act of 'changing someone's passwords' alone, who you want to stop saying certain things to friends isn't necessarily knowledge of impending murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member