ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local residents joined police, fire crews and paramedics to search for the boy, aided by helicopters and a trained search dog. Despite the large search, the boy had not yet been found by Wednesday afternoon.

Huff thanked the public for their help but asked them to stay out of the area while professionals continue to search. Police also asked people in the region to check their security cameras for any helpful footage.

Search continues for missing 5-year-old Fruitland boy

Where does a five year old go after the other kids go in for the night?

By the one comment we know this is a friendly child. He would go in and out of houses looking for a playmate. Is he allowed to cross the street? Would he break that boundry? Would he just wander?

Thinking aloud. I worry about lil guys like this because they will follow an older kid in a heart beat.

Worried about any RSO's possibly in the neighborhood. UGH. IMO

Yep the registered ones. Then ones that drive outside their zip code. Ones that were never charged. Oh and the ones that haven't offended yet.

Please let them find this little boy safe. It physically makes me sick to my stomach. A missing child.

Nampa PD Twitter, some additional pictures of Michael.

MISSING/ENDANGERED CHILD Sharing for Fruitland PD: 5 yr old Michael Joseph Vaughan, 3’07”,50 lbs, blond hair/blue eyes, last seen wearing lt blue Minecraft shirt, dk blue boxer briefs, sandals. He was last seen yesterday in Fruitland. If you have info, call FPD 208-642-6008.

E7azQIRUYAEWJpQ

https://twitter.com/NampaPolice1/status/1420519825990840322

If he wandered into a neighbour and played for a bit, he'd be home why now. This is very scary because an innocent neighbour would say they saw him and sent him home...
That's what I'm thinking. That's why I was wondering if there was a timeline as to the last neighbor who saw him VS. when he went missing. It could also help in the direction he was moving if a neighbor saw him then went missing without coming home. IMO

Those fields around the street corner he went missing from have irrigation ditches which appear to be fairly deep from the satellite view but I would think a small child would still be visible if in the ditch. I have tried to trace the ditches back to a larger canal and I must be missing it...not sure how far away it must be and if the little guy would have made it that far to the larger canal.

I think the odds might say that he is in the irrigation ditch but if so why haven't they found him. Idaho loses kids to irrigation ditches and canals despite the TV commercials geared to safety about them. The sides are usually steep and hard to climb out of once a child is in the water and the smaller and younger the child the worse the odds are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288