Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I heard that as well about selling one of the Land Rovers....Was it taken to Indiana? At any rate...will be interesting to know if LE screened that car.
These killers are downright stupid. IMO. lacking any kind of feelings for other human beings. Well, that is a given. But they don’t have street smarts either.

<RSBM>
People that saw his face in strange or compromising or even dangerous settings?

I suspect that if people saw BM's face in other settings, those settings might be internet dating sites or similar.

I tend to think that BM is just a philandering husband. One who wanted to look as good as he could. And one who doesn't want the evidence of his philandering behaviour to go against him - both with regard to their daughters and with regard to his "love" for Suzanne (hence, he never would have murdered her).

Last edited:
I've often wondered whether there might be other victims out there?
People that saw his face in strange or compromising or even dangerous settings?
Might well explain the speculated plastics work on his face too?
Was Suzanne his only victim, or not?
I need a favor, been offline for ages and I'm unable to figure out who owned the spypen?
Did Suzanne purchase it or did he?
Or do we know yet?
It's going on a tad, is it not?
Welcome back! We have not yet been able to figure out the owner of the spy pen or why it was used. The existence of the spy pen only came to light last week during BM's court date.

I think members are leaning towards it belonging to SM.

My biggest question is how and when it was found. Did someone tip LE off to the existence of the pen?

JMO, MOO

Welcome back! We have not yet been able to figure out the owner of the spy pen or why it was used. The existence of the spy pen only came to light last week during BM's court date.

My biggest question is how and when it was found. Did someone tip LE off to the existence of the pen?

JMO, MOO
Thanks Puzzles.
I searched MSM for info on it and I could find nothing .
I thought surely somebody here knows...
If he was becoming more paranoid and controlling as he grew older, it would fit.
If SM had really become afraid and was planning an exit but needed evidence he intended to harm her, she may well have purchased one..

I wish I could see his face when he learned of it's existence..
But that face is the last thing he wants anybody to see since she disappeared.

Has there been any talk of a plea deal - shorter sentence in return for full disclosure of the location of her body?

I suspect that if people saw BM's face in other settings, those settings might be internet dating sites or similar.

I tend to think that BM is just a philandering husband. One who wanted to look as good as he could. And one who doesn't want the evidence of his philandering behaviour to go against him - both with regard to their daughters and with regard to his "love" for Suzanne (hence, he never would have murdered her).
I agree with you, South Aussie. I also tend to think BM was on dating sites and a philanderer.
I think he always used an alias and that naughty BM got a little rough and wild. There may be details of those dates that expose crimes as well as infidelity. Imo.

I agree with you, South Aussie. I also tend to think BM was on dating sites and a philanderer.
I think he always used an alias and that naughty BM got a little rough and wild. There may be details of those dates that expose crimes as well as infidelity. Imo.

I wasn't really thinking of associated crimes. I was more thinking that BM had a beautiful wife who had been struggling with illness - off and on - for some years. I don't imagine his perhaps-narcissistic ego would have liked a lack of adult female attention, as Suzanne worked her way through her illness.

Thanks Puzzles.
I searched MSM for info on it and I could find nothing .
I thought surely somebody here knows...
If he was becoming more paranoid and controlling as he grew older, it would fit.
If SM had really become afraid and was planning an exit but needed evidence he intended to harm her, she may well have purchased one..

I wish I could see his face when he learned of it's existence..
But that face is the last thing he wants anybody to see since she disappeared.

Has there been any talk of a plea deal - shorter sentence in return for full disclosure of the location of her body?
Heavens no:). At his hearing his lawyers had the gall to try to get bail AND have his charges reduced to 2nd degree murder. Judge declined both...

JMO, MOO

PE (Mike King) had their one-year anniversary show (July 26) and LS appears at about the 44:00 min mark to discuss the preliminary hearing. LS confirmed that she is attending but the court clerk indicated to her that courtroom seating will be first come first serve. LS still trying to confirm if media will be allowed to live tweet.

Since the first day of Suzanne’s disappearance Barry has been reluctant to publicly show his face. We do know that he had a physical altercation with a worker at an Indiana job site. In the past, I wonder if there could have been others out there who had violent interactions with him and if it might have something to do with his “shyness” over revealing his name or his face?

JMO, MOO

From my point of view, the Court made it clear that it was Suzanne's pen.

The rest is rumor. Your question will go unanswered until the prelim.

Maybe she did decide to delete it on her own? I certainly don’t know for certain what she did with the text message but I just find it strange that she would delete something like that because she was afraid she would forward it to someone by mistake. And you think she had done that before? I mean I can see how you might accidentally send your own text to someone you didn’t mean to or how you could accidentally send a response to the wrong person. Especially if you are responding to someone privately about something in a group text. But have ya’ll ever inadvertently forwarded a text you received from someone to someone else? Is this a thing?! I don’t see how that happens without catching the mistake before you hit send. Even if I wanted to forward a text to someone I would have to highlight it and go through several steps in order to do that. Or take a photo of it and forward that but I don’t see how it would be an easy mistake to make. Also I’m assuming since they were sisters they were using an established text chain with lots of other texts going back and forth located above Suzanne’s last text. That would be a lot to accidentally forward to someone else.

Oh well I don’t know why I even brought it up because it really doesn’t matter. I just read some posts clarifying why Melinda said she deleted the text and so I guess I was curious if it sounded unlikely to anyone else because it always bugged me. I figured it might not have gone down exactly like Melinda said but not because she was dishonest or trying to mislead anyone but rather she was asked by LE to delete it or to say she had deleted it so no one would ask her to see it or read it during an interview. Can you imagine if the media got a hold of it? I can just see the Daily Mail article! And maybe if Barry got wind of it Melinda would be in danger if it was on her phone if one of his goons tried to get a hold of it!

I think what Suzanne texted Melinda about Barry was so damning that LE focused on him as the prime suspect from day one. I hope whatever Suzanne shared with Melinda in that text comes to light during the trial!
Yes, it’s a thing, I’ve done it more than once! Texting several people at the same time, accidentally forwarded to the wrong person. It happens.

These killers are downright stupid. IMO. lacking any kind of feelings for other human beings. Well, that is a given. But they don’t have street smarts either.

Some of them are not stupid, but they are sadistic. I wonder how their new girlfriends can trust them. The Bluebeard’s story is not educative enough, apparently.

Correct. It was clear it was Suzanne's pen.
Respectfully, I don't think the court is definitive about that pen being Suzanne's...I think the defense referred to it as hers....and that isn't something I accept on face value. While it appears to be the case....we won't know until the evidence and witnesses are presented. I have been surprised about so much in this case already....its just not a given that the pen was hers...not just yet. Knowing its origins will be quite interesting. For example...if BM gave Suzanne the pen...does that make it her pen? Not saying that is what happened...but I am saying that the defense will parse words in that manner...."Suzanne's pen".....if it helps their case, even though it might be factually incorrect.

I'm at a loss as to why folks don't want to believe this was actually Suzanne's spy pen, or that she bought it herself, or even knew how to do the research that lead to buying it and using it.

Did I miss something?

I'm at a loss as to why folks don't want to believe this was actually Suzanne's spy pen, or that she bought it herself, or even knew how to do the research that lead to buying it and using it.

Did I miss something?
Not a question of wanting to believe or not wanting to believe. Its about verification, not appearances. Barry likely had just as much motivation and reason (at least in his own mind), imo, to record Suzanne's conversations as Suzanne did. If you have eliminated that as a possibility already...thats your choice. I am not there yet.

Not a question of wanting to believe or not wanting to believe. Its about verification, not appearances. Barry likely had just as much motivation and reason (at least in his own mind), imo, to record Suzanne's conversations as Suzanne did. If you have eliminated that as a possibility already...thats your choice. I am not there yet.

I was unable to listen in during the last hearing where this pen was mentioned, but wasn't it said at the time by BM's attorney that it was Suzanne's pen? I mean, if it was Barry's pen and they knew it, can they just bald faced lie this way, to the judge? (I don't follow too many court cases so I'm honestly not sure if this is a thing, or if this is definitely not a thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billyidaho