ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they have pulled out all the stops to look for this child. Every possible resource is either on the ground or on the way. Hope the dog and tracking teams find something. @ByTheSea, do these homes have basements with window wells? Small children fall into window wells from time to time, that just popped into my head this morning. "

Lots of the houses there are split level with basements. Some have window wells, some don’t.

Looks like a fairly small, quiet community, with one street into the subdivision (8th). Hopefully a number of residents along 8th have cameras.
The type of neighborhood might have provided a false sense of security to parents in that area.
It’s a very quiet neighborhood….at least it was when I lived there. People watched out for the kiddos…there were lots of kids when we lived there, too.

It's quite a ways to the Snake River, but is there a chance he could have made it there? Google Maps

It is fairly close, but there is a highway (with a fairly high median) between his house and the river. I think that that is why LE discounted that risk.

ETA: but there are a couple of 'drainage ponds' (?) as you head downhill from his neighborhood toward the highway. it would seem a natural way to head (i.e. downhill) for a kid. But it's the opposite direction than the location that LE was asking for sightings at (i.e. 8th and S.Washington Ave).

I've never lived there, so I'm sure you know better than me. It seems unlikely, but like you said, it's possible. It seems like, because he's said to be so social, that he would try to go somewhere with other people, to a park etc. I don't know. I'm thinking there are mainly fields between his house and the river? But he could have been lost and just kept walking, IDK.
ETA: I doubt he'd cross the highway, and he'd be seen.

It’s a ways, but he could have made it that far.

I've never lived there, so I'm sure you know better than me. It seems unlikely, but like you said, it's possible. It seems like, because he's said to be so social, that he would try to go somewhere with other people, to a park etc. I don't know. I'm thinking there are mainly fields between his house and the river? But he could have been lost and just kept walking, IDK.
ETA: I doubt he'd cross the highway, and he'd be seen.
He’d have to cross Whitley, which is a busy main road through town to get to the park closest to that neighborhood. If he’s done it before he might do that again. There’s a tunnel, too that connects one side to the other. Fruitland is such a small town….it’s hard to imagine him just disappearing without someone seeing something. I know it happens. I just hope they find him soon.

It is fairly close, but there is a highway (with a fairly high median) between his house and the river. I think that that is why LE discounted that risk.

ETA: but there are a couple of 'drainage ponds' (?) as you head downhill from his neighborhood toward the highway. it would seem a natural way to head (i.e. downhill) for a kid. But it's the opposite direction than the location that LE was asking for sightings at (i.e. 8th and S.Washington Ave).
It looks to me like he could reach the river via SW 8TH & cross the fields or use the perimeter road around the fields to reach the river? Google Maps

It looks to me like he could reach the river via SW 8TH & cross the fields or use the perimeter road around the fields to reach the river? Google Maps

SW 8th doesn't cross the I-84. He would have had to walk across fields and then crossed a major highway with a high median (doubt he could have climbed over it) and not been seen by the drivers. A small child crossing the highway would have definitely caused concern to motorists.

ETA: now I see that the 'median' was a construction median and not necessarily a permanent one. I still don't believe he would have crossed the highway.

I doubt he would have crossed the interstate I-84 without being seen nor would he have made it to the Snake River without being seen so either he was picked up by someone with ill intentions or they missed him in the searches. He's a little guy....easy to miss. In the searches for Summer Wells it was said to look for something the size of a laptop computer. That was a sobering thought that a child could be that small if hiding or curled up.

I wish that LE would say more, but I know that I'm hoping for that for my own selfish benefit. Sometimes we don't deserve to know what is going on behind the scenes as it is often because LE doesn't want to give away what they know.

I hope beyond hope that 'Monkey' is safe and healthy.

SW 8th doesn't cross the I-84. He would have had to walk across fields and then crossed a major highway with a high median (doubt he could have climbed over it) and not been seen by the drivers. A small child crossing the highway would have definitely caused concern to motorists.

ETA: now I see that the 'median' was a construction median and not necessarily a permanent one. I still don't believe he would have crossed the highway.
I guess we're not looking at the same map? I'm asking if he could reach the Snake River by walking across the fields, or along the perimeter road on the outside of the fields? I agree he wouldn't cross a highway, I never said that. Google Maps

Attachments

• River.jpg
    River.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 24
I guess we're not looking at the same map? I'm asking if he could reach the Snake River by walking across the fields, or along the perimeter road on the outside of the fields? I agree he wouldn't cross a highway, I never said that. Google Maps

Are you saying to the northwest?
If he came to the highway and didn't want to cross, he could have walked northwest toward the water. Is that what you are thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305