NV NV - Donnis Redman, 14, & Michael Griffin, 18, Las Vegas, 1 March 1958

I didn't know Mary had been ruled out. Maybe it was on dentals? I didn't think they had DNA for Little Miss X since they can't locate her remains, so it seems it would have to be dentals or some other pretty certain factor.

They didn't say how they were able to rule her out, only that she was excluded.

Bumping.
Also, did anyone consider the possibility of Donnis getting pregnant? At the time it surely would be a big inconvenience. Maybe they ran off when they realised and lived under different names, hence never reconnecting with their families? Or maybe there was an abortion attempt that went wrong, Donnis died and Michael left without her, leaving the car somewhere to cover his tracks, knowing that he would be questioned about Donnis? Or maybe he murdered her to get rid of the problem and fled?

Bumping.
Also, did anyone consider the possibility of Donnis getting pregnant? At the time it surely would be a big inconvenience. Maybe they ran off when they realised and lived under different names, hence never reconnecting with their families? Or maybe there was an abortion attempt that went wrong, Donnis died and Michael left without her, leaving the car somewhere to cover his tracks, knowing that he would be questioned about Donnis? Or maybe he murdered her to get rid of the problem and fled?
It's certainly possible but they eloped so I wonder if back in 1968 that would have been more acceptable for her to be pregnant.

Long story somewhat short. I was married to Pinky's nephew and am still close to the family as we had children together. Pinky's disappearance was NEVER talked about. When I joined the family I was told that Teta had a daughter, Pinky but we don't talk about it. So, fast forward 20 years to me sitting in my ex-husband's living room holding Pinky's baby book and a stack other personal papers including a military ID. Pinky's mom passed away a couple years ago and no one has touched her things. Now that the items are in my hands, I feel more compelled than ever to find answers. At the very least, if she is no longer living, I would like to lay her to rest with her mom. I have more reading and investigating to do through her things. There is a scrapbook with items that mention Michael but a lot are missing. I think she might have half sibling somewhere possibly in New York. I am still putting the pieces together of a tragedy long ago buried. Any help would be a blessing. I plan on scanning everything I have this weekend to make documents available to anyone that can help me. :heartbeat::heartbeat:

scriptgirl,

The personal information I have is from a family member, I don't have permission to put it here. The information pertains to Pinky's mother.

I hold a card or two as I want to make sure any person who writes to me is truly who they say they are and not playing me and has information.

Anyone who wants to jump in can, this case could be connected to the Little Miss X case from Flagstaff, AZ but until we locate the remains of LMX, that were exhumed for possible identification for the Connie Smith case in 1961, and try to match to Donnis, or Connie or a host of others from that time, we are in a holding pattern. Another thing someone can do is go through the death records of AZ to see if there is any UI that might match the dates when Michael and Donnis were last seen, or maybe search old newspaper reports for abandon car that matches Michaels to see if it was located someplace near the Grand Canyon or Williams, AZ and auctioned off.

@GriffinHull and @talelights Never heard from you two again. Did something come of it? Were there ever more pictures of Pinky found in her mothers stuff. We desperately need another picture of her and additional information (if there is). If there are baby pictures can somebody say something about her hair...was it naturally curly?

@GriffinHull and @talelights Never heard from you two again. Did something come of it? Were there ever more pictures of Pinky found in her mothers stuff. We desperately need another picture of her and additional information (if there is). If there are baby pictures can somebody say something about her hair...was it naturally curly?

I am still around working to get information on LMX. There is some evidence that might be ripe for DNA testing now that it more advanced. I am not sure if the Cold Case Unit in Coconino County has been able to move forward, since the virus. I am awaiting an answer on that question.

I am still around working to get information on LMX. There is some evidence that might be ripe for DNA testing now that it more advanced. I am not sure if the Cold Case Unit in Coconino County has been able to move forward, since the virus. I am awaiting an answer on that question.

Thanks for answering. Hopes up.

Thank you for keeping this alive. I have been away from Pinky for a while, now have been waiting for movements as far a location of the remains for exhumation. The first site was not her, sad to say. I understand LE may have a second location to exhume. But I have not further information. I too wish I heard more from GriffinHull. I have some personal information from the family. Pinky’s mother never got over the her the fact Pinky has never been found.

My thoughts on this case have always been that someone took advantage of this young couple. Maybe they gave a ride to a bad character who robbed and killed them and left them someplace, taking their money and taking the car for a distance before abandoning it. I would think if they ran off to elope they'd have had every cent they owned with them, which for two teens wasn't much, but people have been killed for less than $5 before. Plus having the car may have made them seem like an attractive mark for someone looking to carjack them.

Unfortunately, I also get the impression that they were intercepted soon after running away together. Imagine being a starry-eyed high school-aged kid thinking that you're about to start the rest of your life with what you believe to be your soulmate only to come across the wrong people and have your life taken away from you before it even had a chance to truly begin. It's very saddening.

I've also thought of carjacking as a possible motive for why anyone would want to hurt them. I've also thought of the opposite scenario - perhaps they ran into car trouble themselves and ended up accepting a ride with someone with bad intentions. I wonder if the car was found in running condition. I think that would tell us a lot with respect to the aforementioned two scenarios.

I submitted this just in case.

Could she be 1958 Grand Canyon, Arizona Jane Doe?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Hi there. Did you find any trace about Donnis may be of mixed race....Lot's of people registered as missing, even though they were of mixed race....went into the system as Caucasian...because that meant LE was going to be searching harder (I'm sorry, it is what it is, it was like that in the "old days") To be honest...f.i. Native Americans are still struggling with getting attention for their missing and murdered, until this very day.

I just don't seeing Donnis being of mixed race...but I don't know....

I submitted this just in case.

Could she be 1958 Grand Canyon, Arizona Jane Doe?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I think Donnis has been suggested & submitted for this Jane Doe many times over the years. Unfortunately, investigators lost the remains, last I knew, so the remains don't have DNA because they can't locate remains, and Donnis only has DNA available for comparison. Also, according to Doe Network, Donnis been excluded for this Jane Doe, however, but it hasn't been established how they ruled her out since they don't have matching identifiers.

1193UFAZ

It has been a while since I checked in on this page, life just got in the way. I need to follow up with the Cold Case Squad in Flagstaff for any updates on the search for the remains.

Thank you all for keeping this thread moving along. Would be nice if we could find family who can offer what they know about both, Donnis and Michael, to help fill out the picture of these two young kids who went missing and maybe lost their lives to a stranger/s.

@Issa
Welcome back. Wondering where you've been! Glad to see you.
Did you ever make it out to AZ all those years ago?

Yes I made to AZ, investigated the cemetery in Flagstaff, spoke to LE on the case a few times and the Medical Examers office, which continues to look for LMX remains.

I live close enough to drive there, now reworking Coonie’s file from bottom to top. Trying to locate and speak/communicate with any of Connie’s teammates. Time is passing and we are all getting older.

Could use help in locating and communicating with tent mates. I have some information on their locations but so far not able to get any responses back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back