GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI on ITV1 tonight a documentary on a no body murder investigation

starts 9pm

Edit: oops seen it’s been mentioned

Very sad case, but an interesting watch.

Great work by LE, and makes me wonder if LE in Bernadettes case had picked up on the glaring red flags & seized phones etc from the very start, the evidence might have been there. :(

Very sad case, but an interesting watch.

Great work by LE, and makes me wonder if LE in Bernadettes case had picked up on the glaring red flags & seized phones etc from the very start, the evidence might have been there. :(

This is my thoughts too. The story was dodgy from the start and they admitted to allegations of sexual abuse to police on their first visit. It wasn’t until it was reviewed externally months later (after seven internal reviews classing it as medium priority!) that we got the arrests and what little evidence we could get.

they still managed to get that conviction but would be nice to have those images he deleted in front of the cops and whatever he discarded on his middle of the night trips to the fens.

I think she will weep and wail 'she can't be dead' AGAIN!. Has to keep up the show for her loyal supporters JMO

Yes I bet she does too. But this is where when you tell lies you have to remember what lies you've told. It was revealed during the trial she had googled "i think my partner knows where my missing daughter is"...yet now she's shouting she's not dead...so which is it? And wouldn't you at that stage of contacted the police with your suspicions rather than google? o_O

Added a link to this info.

Bernadette Walker: Mum 'Googled partner's role in teen's disappearance'

This is my thoughts too. The story was dodgy from the start and they admitted to allegations of sexual abuse to police on their first visit. It wasn’t until it was reviewed externally months later (after seven internal reviews classing it as medium priority!) that we got the arrests and what little evidence we could get.

they still managed to get that conviction but would be nice to have those images he deleted in front of the cops and whatever he discarded on his middle of the night trips to the fens.

Totally agree. Even if LE didn't pick up on anything from the initial missing person report on 21st July ( they should have, it was too vague and full of holes, and waiting 3 days to make the report! ) the fact that a social worker reported the SA to police on the 22nd July should have had alarm bells ringing all over!

SOURCE - Cambridgeshire Constabulary

The allegations Bea had made about being sexually abused by her father were passed to police via a social worker on 22 July.

Some serious failing there by LE & partner agencies IMO . By the time the investigation was taken seriously evidence was long gone. CCTV recorded over, clothing washed or disposed of. I really hope they learn from this.

Why wasn't the CCTV at Spar even checked out by police, when the phone top-up was added by Sarah, to get a last image of Bernadette and the clothes she was wearing, to circulate in the media? I don't think police even made a missing appeal did they? If that one check had been made at the beginning they would have seen it was the parents leading them on a wild goose chase.

They reviewed their own conduct and said it was fine. It’s why I lose a lot of respect for police, as a lot of lazy, bad eggs. No one looking at this case and say they did even an average job. From leaving notebooks with scw, to letting him delete photos in front of them, to taking two months to check the car, to failing to raise concerns despite 7 internal reviews, missing clear admissions to suspected child abuse. I mean come on! Surely you can’t be serious

They reviewed their own conduct and said it was fine. It’s why I lose a lot of respect for police, as a lot of lazy, bad eggs. No one looking at this case and say they did even an average job. From leaving notebooks with scw, to letting him delete photos in front of them, to taking two months to check the car, to failing to raise concerns despite 7 internal reviews, missing clear admissions to suspected child abuse. I mean come on! Surely you can’t be serious
They certainly did a very poor job here. Is there a set protocol for missing persons that all Police forces are meant to follow. I belong to several missing persons group and some forces seem much more proactive than others with their appeals etc. Seems hundreds of teenagers go missing everyday most of course are quite quickly traced. Do you think because she was 17 she didn't get high priority? Was she not considered vulnerable ? I guess the parents version that she had gone to ex boyfriends house and had run away before didn,t help?

From my understanding they gave it a medium priority which means she has had a reason to run away (unhappy or argument), but isn’t at risk and has support available. None of this is true. They admitted to child sex abuse (before saying she was lying despite grandparents adamant she wasn’t and several friends too), but police didn’t think this was serious. Also despite having no money, phone, social media suddenly stopping (reality it wasn’t even her but the mum), the police just seemed to accept she was a known runner away and was probably at friends house!

I have no idea why they didn’t think it was serious as it went to weeks and then months

Because Scott convinced her probably. He is from Peterborough so knows more people and places there than her. Coercive control is very powerful too. More will be revealed at sentencing I hope.
Really ? Then why didn't she mention this when arrested ? Why didn't her Defence bring it up? Why did she give up her chance to defend her self by not taking the stand. ? Have you actually read all the reports and the evidence presented?

Really ? Then why didn't she mention this when arrested ? Why didn't her Defence bring it up? Why did she give up her chance to defend her self by not taking the stand. ? Have you actually read all the reports and the evidence presented?
Entitled to a difference of opinion and to me the evidence didn't show she thinks her child is dead. Just because a few jurors and many people in WS think otherwise doesn't make it so.

Entitled to a difference of opinion and to me the evidence didn't show she thinks her child is dead. Just because a few jurors and many people in WS think otherwise doesn't make it so.

edit: I’ve read your post history about you think Sarah doesn’t know that Bernadette is dead so I’m not going to have any dispute with you, sorry.

None so blind as those who will not see!

Be interesting to see how you translate the evidence to factually support your opinion...

..."Just because a few jurors..." - really? I mean, REALLY? Somebody's well and truly swallowed the sob story!

Let’s not attack one another. If we all agreed then this site would close as each thread would have one post!

personally I am with they jury, but I felt she was walking free with the two she pleaded guilty to. The web searches, the comments to friends and the background meant she made a good victim. However, she’s been found guilty, that’s the decision. If she doesn’t like it, she can appeal if new evidence comes to light

A few Jurors!! That is how the justice system works in this country!! Trial by Jury. They will have been given all the evidence and facts ,listened to weeks of it all. Things that none of us here will have seen or heard unless we sat through everyday of a six week trial. Were you there everyday of the trial? If not I don't see how you come to your conclusion based on the small amount of trial coverage in the public domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni