Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

The hood is in tact, very strange...what happened to the front bumper....the place where the licence plate would have been? Did they find it in the bushes?

Just as a point of clarity, cars licensed in Pennsylvania do not have plates on the front, only on the back. Still an excellent question.

Those pictures, which I had not seen before they were posted here, are grim. However, they make me wonder about how Casey could have been ejected, unless it was through the passenger-side windshield. The driver-side doors are not shown, which may be intentional on the part of the photographer. But judging by the damage to the passenger side and front of the car, I'd think they'd have been either jammed shut or torn off.

If this was a one-car accident, Casey's absence from the present scene mystifies me. My heart goes out to her family and boyfriend as they continue an agonizing wait, with seemingly dim prospects for a good conclusion. I continue to hope she is located soon, and that somehow, despite the evidence of the car and the questions that continue to present themselves, she has found safety.

Attachments

• 5135870B-E693-4CB2-A48F-973FD1DE56E0.jpeg
    5135870B-E693-4CB2-A48F-973FD1DE56E0.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 53
If you're not local or are having trouble picturing the area where Casey's car was located, this screenshot shows the off-ramp for Woodhaven Road (sorry I had to attach as a .pdf but otherwise the screenshot was too large a file for the Websleuths server to process).

Attachments

• Sy6peN3.pdf
    177 KB · Views: 59
Those of you who know the area and where they located her vehicle, am I looking at the right spot here? Coming off Woodhaven Rd (Rt 63) and taking the exit to go north on the Roosevelt Blvd (Rt 1) - trying to figure out the point of entry and where there is brush dense enough to conceal the car. (Notes in yellow made by me)

So what you are pointing out...the car was found on the "right side" of the road, for her going home.

I'm not an expert on this, but looking at the car...there was a huge impact to it from the right side, airbags went out...feels likes she hit a tree. Would also be the "right side" driving to her home....I just can;t make something of the broken windshield....on the passengers site....no airbags, at least none seen...no damage to the hood. If this was a hit by a dear or maybe even a person there would have been damage to the hood imo. The front, bumper area is not damaged....bumper gone completely, no rests of headlights....hmmmm Just can't explain the front damage. A thief has to come forward and explain a couple of things.

Last edited:
So what you are pointing out...the car was found on the "right side" of the road, for her going home.

Yes, that's what I'm leaning towards, if that's the exit where the car was found I don't see a point where she could've crossed over to the other side and landed in dense brush. I need to look at the car photos a little more, pick up on some of the details like you have. :)

Maybe she crawled out the hole in the windshield, and that is why it appears sunk in. If she laid on it on her way out it may flatten.

Snipped for focus.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've got really bad vibes about these circumstances. According to news snippets, the car was in dense woods and the police feel they were lucky to have located it via the chopper. To me that sounds as though it was ditched there - not that it's a crash site.

This case brings to mind Aimee Willard and Kristin Huggins, whose cases some of you locals likely remember. Again, I hope I'm wrong and that Casey is out there alive somewhere, likely dazed and disoriented, but not a victim of carjacking and violent intent. May she be located and reunited with her family soon.

I remember Kristin Huggins case vividly. That poor girl and her family. Aspiring artist. I believe the man who killed her was killed in prison by another inmate? iirc

Go to the family watchdog site and put in the zip code and a map comes up.

Had to google it....also this side is restricted to European visitors....So much American sites are still not ready for the European privacy laws....very sad and very annoying.

Any registered sex offenders near by? I don't have excess to the list? Code is 19154

Registered Offenders List | Find Sex Offenders in Pennsylvania

I'm in PA, I will check.

So, I was going through Google Maps and if I am correct about where they found her vehicle (off the Route 1 N exit from Route 63) there is a business right behind that area of brush.

In my screenshots you can match up the overhead traffic sign in the first pic to the Route 1 exit sign on 63 and the second pic is a pan to the right to show the brush (on the other side is the exit) and cars parked at the business.

What in the holy heck?

Attachments

• 080121A.png
    080121A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • 080121B.png
    080121B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Honestly, it reminds me of Maura Murray (or the speculation at least)…that she was driving intoxicated, crashed and was scared of getting in trouble so knowingly wandered away. Potentials are her having a concussion and passing out in the woods, succumbing to the elements or hitching a ride/accepting help from the wrong person. With Cassandras mental heath in play too, the possibilities are endless. I hope they find her as a Jane Doe at a hospital

I'm in PA, I will check.

So, I was going through Google Maps and if I am correct about where they found her vehicle (off the Route 1 N exit from Route 63) there is a business right behind that area of brush.

In my screenshots you can match up the overhead traffic sign in the first pic to the Route 1 exit sign on 63 and the second pic is a pan to the right to show the brush (on the other side is the exit) and cars parked at the business.

What in the holy heck?

It's not a particularly wide "wooded area". Not what I was picturing from the official descriptions. There's lush growth - it was July after all - but not hundreds of yards of woods, nor difficult terrain. Just roadside brush in a highly traveled mixed-use area.

I am feeling your anger that this area right along her plausible route was not searched early, and/or more extensively, and that the family and concerned citizens were also discouraged from searching. IMO it should not have taken 3 weeks to locate that car – if it's been at that site for 3 weeks.

Questions, questions, questions.

For anyone familiar with the Woodhaven Rd exit of I95 North, that curve which brings you onto Woodhaven Road can be pretty dangerous if speeding around it. I just rode that way this past weekend and was thinking if you don’t slow down the car could easily flip off the road and there’s deep brush to the left side. I wonder if police have checked there for her car God forbid she was in a wreck. Just trying to think of any situation.
Looks like you are right about that curve. That is where her car was found, but where is she?

I wonder if the keys were still in the ignition? Wondering if I would have the presence of mind after such a bad accident to turn the car off, unless of course she was somehow ejected. I know it is asking for a miracle but would love her to be found safe.

Hoping Casey is found soon. Praying for her and her family, can't imagine what they are going through.

I think we have to wait on the investigating experts...the people who analyse accidents but sorry.....why is there no clear location - read overall picture- where her car is found. In the Netherlands police just transparently show all locations of relevance on a map....last ping, bicycle found...personal belongings found....whatever. At least in the today/modern time. Djeezzz I really hope they find her.....and if...it will take days this news is going to be published....I feel so sorry for her family and friends, waiting and wondering.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back