GA - Kendrick “KJ” Johnson, found dead in 2013, 3rd autopsy ‘non-accidental’ damage *Probe in 2021*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're correct that there's a difference. I missed the part where the Johnson's admitted they lacked evidence for their allegations.

They actual admitted to that? No wonder they got hit with the $300,000 judgement. JMO

They admitted it under oath in their depositions. Their theories are based on little more than “because I said so.”

Jackie Johnson Deposition: Deposition of Jackie Johnson

Kenneth Johnson Deposition: Deposition of Kenneth Johnson

Your bolded words made me think twice. Looking at them- I get the feeling there is something on the tape that no one but the police or the killer know. Evidence not released to the public. Investigators have special files... I think it’s real. I’m going to believe there is a valid confession until I’m proven wrong.

The transcript of the tape was released by the Johnson family spokesman: “I should have never done this. I was young and stupid. Kendrick didn’t deserve this. They are going to catch me anyway.”

Source: ‘Kendrick didn’t deserve this.’ Family hopes new audio clip could lead to Kendrick Johnson’s killer

It’s not a “smoking” gun, doesn’t reveal anything not know to the public, and IMO isn’t even a murder confession. It could be talking about any number of things.

At this point, the tape has only been authenticated by the Johnsons and the Sheriff’s own words seem to indicate he thinks it’s a hoax as well. If it is, it’s a really thing to do to the Johnson’s and I hope charges are pressed against this person if that’s the case.

Some have said, why a hoax?
- To get money
- To insert oneself in to the case
- Some like attention
- To try once again to get someone in to trouble since they were not charged in this death

If someone truly believed that the ones who were accused actually did something to Kendrick, they may be trying to create evidence to get them arrested. This type of fraud *if it is a hoax* is beyond despicable. *If* it is proven to be a hoax, someone should be charged for multiple offenses!

The affidavit dated Feb. of 2018 is quite damning although it's what the person heard from a 3rd party and not what was seen directly. This person's description of what happened matches the description of the condition of the body from hired forensic pathologist Dr. Andersen. (2nd and 3rd autopsy).

It's difficult to determine what the addendum is but it could be the collection of tissue from the victim. The report states it was collected in June of 2018 from the areas of trauma
to the body.

This is terribly sad and tragic.

I went back to look at the affidavit because I wanted to double check my assertion that Anderson's second autopsy was influenced by the affidavit or vice versa. The affidavit is technically not an affidavit- it’s a declaration. An affidavit is sworn in front of a notary and a declaration is not.

Why is this important? Well, the “affidavit” being shared by the Johnsons has a notary signature dated February 2018 and is missing statement #10 and you can clearly see where the rest of the page was cut and the notary seal added. The actual document submit to the court that is part of the case file is not notarized, simply witnessed by Atty. King.

The declaration was filed before Dr. Anderson’s second “autopsy”. That’s in quotes because all Dr. Anderson did the second time was take some additional tissue samples from the thorax. His first conclusion was that KJ died of a “single pressure application,” but that doesn’t really fit with the affidavit. After all, there would be hell of a lot more damage than a 1” bruise on the mandible if he was beat with a 45-lb weight. I think this third autopsy was done for the sole purpose of finding something... anything... to fit with the affidavit.

T9D0A567A-8AA1-4AEC-BAA0-8F845975BCC5.jpegCDA43F4E-7029-4D4C-A319-DD198D9EE5B9.jpeg

Last edited:
"May 23, 2013
Johnson family says new report raises questions
The Johnson family attorney said information from paramedics contradicts what law enforcement said. The report from the responding paramedics showed Johnson's body was partially in a rolled up wrestling mat; but his torso, head, and arms were exposed. The family's attorney said that contradicts investigators claims that Johnson's body was found upside down stuck in the mat."
Third autopsy results show ‘non-accidental’ damage to boy found dead in rolled up in gym mat

There is nothing contradictory in either of these statements. Johnson was found upside down in a mat. When the coach attempted to get to him, the surrounding mats were moved and the mat was in was moved horizontal. The act of tipping the mat slightly dislodged him and once he realized KJ was beyond help, he removed the students from the gym and the police were called. So when the paramedics entered the gym they did find Kendrick partially out of a now horizontal gym mat.

The audio confession has been determined to be fake. The person who made it has admitted it was a hoax. The article doesn't mention if the person who made the audio or the person who sold it to the family are facing charges, but I believe they should. This is such a cruel thing to do to the Johnsons.

Paulk: Supposed confession in Kendrick Johnson case a hoax

The audio confession has been determined to be fake. The person who made it has admitted it was a hoax. The article doesn't mention if the person who made the audio or the person who sold it to the family are facing charges, but I believe they should. This is such a cruel thing to do to the Johnsons.

Paulk: Supposed confession in Kendrick Johnson case a hoax

@GatorFL , "shocker" is so right!

Totally knew this would be the case. So cruel! This family needs to move on and try to heal. If it had been true evidence, the person should have turned it over to police because they would want justice.

@GatorFL , "shocker" is so right!

Totally knew this would be the case. So cruel! This family needs to move on and try to heal. If it had been true evidence, the person should have turned it over to police because they would want justice.
I think they're continuing to search for some kind of payout.

Just a guess, but after the judgement against him from the Bells, his liability coverage would likely force him to sever the relationship with the Johnsons.

I saw that suggestion elsewhere, but he was still working with them as late as 2020. I believe he filed at least one other lawsuit for them after they were ordered to pay the $300k in legal fees and it was dismissed because he didn’t serve any of the defendants on time.

Family of teen found dead in a rolled-up gym mat requesting federal death investigation be reopened (with clip)

October 11, 2019

"ATLANTA — On the day that would have been his 24 birthday, the family of Kendrick Johnson plans to formally request the federal investigation into his mysterious death be reopened....

In the Friday announcement, family plans to disclose important details related to the closing of the investigation back in 2016, as well as present new information regarding missing organs belonging to Johnson.

"These details, we believe, deserve at bare minimum, a redo of the meeting discussing the findings of the aforementioned closed investigation," a statement from the family said.

Johnson family representatives contend that the 2016 meeting with the federal government to present the findings of the case was carried out without legal representation from the family.

"The actions of the Federal Government concerning aforementioned meeting were unethical, and we believe the investigation was closed under suspicious circumstances fueled by pressure of retired FBI agents," claims Marus Coleman, founder of Save OurSelves, and representative for the family.

Johnson's family recently refiled a lawsuit connected to his death back on May 21, 2019 after being told by a judge that too much time had passed in their original lawsuit. They dismissed the previous suit just one day beforehand.

The teen's parents contend that their son's clothes and organs, including his brain, were disposed of to interfere with a law enforcement investigation into the teen's death. ..."

Family of teen found dead in a rolled-up gym mat requesting federal death investigation be reopened

I definitely don't think his death was an accident and i am glad their reopening his case but do you think they'll keep it open till they find out who did this to him?
What details makes you think it was not an accident? The two accused weren't even in the gym. The cameras don't show anyone else going in or out of the gym.

I definitely don't think his death was an accident and i am glad their reopening his case but do you think they'll keep it open till they find out who did this to him?

The case is closed. The link provided is from 2019 and is old news. There was an additional investigation, and that investigation came to a close with the same conclusion. This was a horrible accident.

Looks like there is a documentary out with "new info". It's called finding Kenrick Johnson available on google play. Just noticed it on the RIP Kenrick Johnson FB page. I haven't watched it because I think the case is closed, but just shared incase anyone else is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member