GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay, I haven't watched the entire video so maybe now would be a good time to do that. :)
I don't have the opportunity to watch the court hearings live either so I end up watching them later from a news video link, You Tube, etc which then means you miss out on the extra parts such as when they show people in the gallery before court starts, etc. That's been my experience anyways, so I'll say JMO. ;) :)

You Sleuthers haven’t saw anything yet, (IMO) the pictures of the victims that is to be shown into evidence during the trials has really got Angela Wagner so scared she is to the point of going to the hospital, JMO
Angela Wagner doesn’t want the photos shown, her attorneys is really fighting this and with the new evidence coming from Jake Wagner about a knife involved now has got me thinking that some of the victims where tortured, I know that Bobbie Jo Manleys reported to the news media that Big Chris Rhodens mobile home had blood everywhere in it, I can’t see how the Wagners attacked Big Chris home without Frankie and Hannah not hearing the struggle?
JMO, I think the killers may have made entry into FR's and Chris Sr's at the same time - 2 in one place and 2 in the other. This is just a guess on my behalf but it wouldn't surprise me if GW 3rd and 4th at Sr's and JW and AW into FR's, and yes, I do believe that AW was in all or some of the crime scenes right along with the other 3 W's. What a bunch of cowards those $&@#*!? W's are! To sneak up on people in the darkness and kill them!!!

Also, JMO/gut feeling, I think that Chris Sr was badly beaten, tortured and who knows what else because Billy Boy wanted revenge and that's the only way he could get it! Again, what a bunch of cowards!!!

I hope Karma has and continues to visit those W's every single chance she gets for the rest of their caged, imprisoned, locked up for life existence!

My prayers will continue for all the Rhoden, Gilley and Manley family members, always.

We have to ask,
Would The Boondock Saints dress this way?
Or
What would Boondock Saints wear?
They wore some form of black shirtà, blazer jacket, black/blue Jean and black ski mask. I don't recall seeing over alls
Jake and George4 dyed their hair black preparing for the crime.

Who is to say they didn't also dye their crime night apparel black?.

Just for reference, Rit dye has come a longgg way since 60's tie-dye.
No-one is saying that. I was just stating MO in original post and asking if anyone knew if they came in black.

I think @Puzzles8 first instinct (i.e., duty of care, protection, and support) that child endangerment is not applicable here was the correct answer.

In my state, only parents or custodians of minors can be charged with child endangerment.

Reportedly, similar law exists in Ohio:

Child endangerment is defined according to the Ohio Revised Code (ORC 2919.22) as anyone who is a parent, guardian or custodian of a minor who is under the age of 18 or is physically or mentally disabled and under the age of 21 that creates or poses a large risk to the health and safety of the child by violating their duty of care, protection and support.

Cincinnati Child Endangerment Lawyer | LHA
Then it would be called Reckless Endangerment of a Child? Which can rise to felony charges.
BBM

What are Examples of Reckless Endangerment of a Child?
Child endangerment laws differ by state as to what constitutes child endangerment and are often very broadly applied. The most common examples of reckless endangerment of a child include:

• Having a child in a car while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
  • Leaving a child in a hot car;
  • Committing a crime while a child is with you, such as domestic abuse, robbery, manufacturing drugs, etc.;
  • Having unsecured firearms in the same environment as a child;
  • Buying alcohol for minors or serving alcohol to an underage driver;
  • Leaving a child unsupervised in an unsafe area, such as a construction site;
  • Leaving a child home alone without proper adult supervision or care;
  • Engaging in sexual activity in view of a child; or
  • Other various forms of child abuse or failing to report suspected child abuse
Reckless Endangerment of a Child | LegalMatch

Jake and George4 dyed their hair black preparing for the crime.

Who is to say they didn't also dye their crime night apparel black?.

Just for reference, Rit dye has come a longgg way since 60's tie-dye.
Anything can be dyed I agree with you also. IMO I don’t believe the Wgs dyed anything. White is easy to get at and no mess at any Home Depot , Walmart .

People that slink around in the night to kill women and teenagers, among others, do not wear white moon suit type clothing!

BBM -"I personally think child endangerment charges should have also been filed against all of the W4."

What good what that do? They were already up on DP charges.

I think AC was wise to stick with the DP charges only and keep the trial focus on that.

JMO, MOO
As mentioned in another post, apparently in Ohio child endangerment can only be charged against:
  • Parents,
  • Guardians,
  • Custodians,
  • Persons having custody or control of a child, or
  • Persons in loco parentis of a child.
I didn't realize this to be the case.

https://www.gafirm.com/legal-blog/child-endangerment-ohio/

Then it would be called Reckless Endangerment of a Child? Which can rise to felony charges.
BBM

What are Examples of Reckless Endangerment of a Child?
Child endangerment laws differ by state as to what constitutes child endangerment and are often very broadly applied. The most common examples of reckless endangerment of a child include:

• Having a child in a car while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
  • Leaving a child in a hot car;
  • Committing a crime while a child is with you, such as domestic abuse, robbery, manufacturing drugs, etc.;
  • Having unsecured firearms in the same environment as a child;
  • Buying alcohol for minors or serving alcohol to an underage driver;
  • Leaving a child unsupervised in an unsafe area, such as a construction site;
  • Leaving a child home alone without proper adult supervision or care;
  • Engaging in sexual activity in view of a child; or
  • Other various forms of child abuse or failing to report suspected child abuse
Reckless Endangerment of a Child | LegalMatch

I understand your frustration, because I feel the same way. But your post here is for just from a general information site IMO, not state-specific laws. As per my post above confirming OH state law, it states very clearly that the W4 would not qualify for this type of charge in OH because they are not
  • Parents,
  • Guardians,
  • Custodians,
with respect to the three children left unsupervised at the crime scenes. See my link in above post for reference.

I, as we all do, want to see the W4 properly charged with and convicted of every frigging crime possible in related to this case. Unfortunately, this charge just isn't possible. But, that's OK. I have every confidence AC is the best person to make the W4 pay for every possible crime that she can. JMO

People that slink around in the night to kill women and teenagers, among others, do not wear white moon suit type clothing!
Yeah, and smart murderers don't keep the weapons they used to murder eight people, put them in buckets full of concrete, and sink them to bottom of pond(s) on an immediate relative's property. JMO

I understand your frustration, because I feel the same way. But your post here is for just from a general information site IMO, not state-specific laws. As per my post above confirming OH state law, it states very clearly that the W4 would not qualify for this type of charge in OH because they are not
  • Parents,
  • Guardians,
  • Custodians,
with respect to the three children left unsupervised at the crime scenes. See my link in above post for reference.

I, as we all do, want to see the W4 properly charged with and convicted of every frigging crime possible in related to this case. Unfortunately, this charge just isn't possible. But, that's OK. I have every confidence AC is the best person to make the W4 pay for every possible crime that she can. JMO
I think there are different charges (Ohio law under section B) for child endangerment that do not say the child has to be endangered only by parent, guardian or custodian?

(B) No person shall do any of the following to a child under eighteen years of age or a mentally or physically handicapped child under twenty-one years of age:

(1) Abuse the child;

(2) Torture or cruelly abuse the child

I guess it all comes down to what is "abuse".

Section 2919.22 - Ohio Revised Code | Ohio Laws

G4 -
08/02/2021 MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF DEADLINE FOR SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY FILED Attorney: JUNK, PROSECUTING ATTORNEY, ROBERT

I assume this is to extend time to turn over JW's proffer that was due today. It is considered discovery.

G4 -
08/02/2021 MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF DEADLINE FOR SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY FILED Attorney: JUNK, PROSECUTING ATTORNEY, ROBERT

I assume this is to extend time to turn over JW's proffer that was due today. It is considered discovery.

Could this be due to the Prosecution not getting anything from the Defense yet? Are they purposely holding this to get Defense to supply something for a change?

Could this be due to the Prosecution not getting anything from the Defense yet? Are they purposely holding this to get Defense to supply something for a change?

It could be, but G4 defense has 60 days after they get the proffer to turn over their discovery per the judge and can ask for more time if needed. I feel like something is off with the proffer in some way. No telling what he said in it. With the truths may be some untruths. Maybe they are trying to find that untruth to put the DP back on the table for all and still use his evidence and proffer.

It could be, but G4 defense has 60 days after they get the proffer to turn over their discovery per the judge and can ask for more time if needed. I feel like something is off with the proffer in some way. No telling what he said in it. With the truths may be some untruths. Maybe they are trying to find that untruth to put the DP back on the table for all and still use his evidence and proffer.

It could be they haven’t yet proven everything said as factual...

Just jumping off your post -

I have wondered what JW and his attorney were looking at. They both have the look as if they'd just seen a ghost or possibly something unexpected? Any thoughts?
TIA

Thank you. It was at the 21 minute mark or so. I would greatly appreciate anybody's opinion regarding this because they both had quite a surprised look on their faces. JMO

Video of Jake's Hearing where he pleads guilty to all 23 Counts against him.
Starting at 20:29 in the video.

Judge Deering:

You are charged in Count One of this indictment and Miss Canepa related to alot of the things here so it might be somewhat repetitious but I feel it's the court's responsibility to review this with you. Your charged in Count One of the indictment in the following language, it states there that:

Edward Jacob Wagner on or about the 22nd day of April 2016 at the County of Pike in the state of Ohio did unlawfully and purposefully and with prior calculation and design cause the death of another......

Now, like deer in headlights, this is the exact moment when Jake and his attorney turn their heads and look squarely into the gallery and into the faces of the families.

......Kenneth Rhoden in violation of section 2903.01 of the Ohio Revised Code.

*** Now comes the loud siren noise ***

upload_2021-8-2_20-32-59.png

Looking over at the families Jake finally faces his moment of truth when the name of his first victim - Kenneth Rhoden - is read out in court by Judge Deering. RIP

Jake Wagner pleads guilty to 8 counts of murder five years after Pike County massacre

Last edited:

Judge Deering:

You are charged in Count One of this indictment and Miss Canepa related to alot of the things here so it might be somewhat repetitious but I feel it's the court's responsibility to review this with you. Your charged in Count One of the indictment in the following language, it states there that:

Edward Jacob Wagner on or about the 22nd day of April 2016 at the County of Pike in the state of Ohio did unlawfully and purposefully and with prior calculation and design cause the death of another......

Now, like deer in headlights, this is the exact moment when Jake and his attorney turn their heads and look squarely into the gallery and into the faces of the families.

View attachment 307129

Looking over at the families Jake finally faces his moment of truth when the name of his first victim - Kenneth Rhoden - is read out in court by Judge Deering. RIP

Jake Wagner pleads guilty to 8 counts of murder five years after Pike County massacre

I saw this too. There was something/someone on that side of the courtroom that was causing Jake some concern. His head snapped around at the second noise. The look in his dead eyes just shouts psychopath to me.

Judge Deering:

View attachment 307129

I hope you're feeling 100%, CC. Stay safe! :)

I hope you're feeling 100%, CC. Stay safe! :)

Thanks :D So many posters care when myself or others have health issues. Pretty amazing people on here! I really appreciate it.

Can you believe that in only 3 months they will have spent 3 years in jail?

Boggles the mind .. :confused:

I don't think the prosecution cares how long they sit in jail just so long as they are behind bars unable to escape or take revenge. In a way the Wagners have already met their fate - being locked up.

Imagine the extraordinary manhunt that would ensue if a Wagner did escape and the incredible amount of LE presence that would be seen at FWF.

Angela = resigned to her fate
George = will do anything to get out
Billy = super angry that he can't just "pay a fine"

... 2 cent view ...

Last edited:

Judge Deering:

View attachment 307129

Thanks @Cool Cats !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member