Australia - Kelly Wilkinson, 27, murdered, Gold Coast, 20 Apr 2021

I agree, but looks can be deceiving. I think this -you know who- guy must be a very good manipulator to pursue somebody into helping him. Remember the sister did a go-fund-me for him....because he was soooooo much in trouble. He was capable off convincing others he had it bad.....Yes, he was in trouble, having major problems...in his head IMO. Abusers should be forced into therapy by law after a first violation. It's so sad we women always find an excuse for this kind of behavior and it's getting worse over time. NO VICTIM BLAMING HERE. Just the "usual" relation dynamics in this kind of cases.... until it's to late. Men (sometimes women) who have this kind of tendencies have a responsibility to work on their problems. They must have a kind of twisted mind, not seeing that.

I remember the sister and that almost instant plea on facebook (?) re the , which I thought was sort of odd, since, according to a news report, Kelly had actually fled the US from Brian because of his violence and manipulative antics, and returned to Australia, whereby Brian then followed her (stalked) back to Australia.

The sister would have known about his problems in the marriage in the USA< considering Kelly upped sticks with the kids, and did a runner. Not a small undertaking, considering the distance and cost.

I do not understand how Brian got a visa into AU, under these circumstances.

(edit)...I remember, the sister said, Brian wants to come back to the USA, he needs help to get back to... was it Alabama?>. some backwoods place, and I thought to myself then, yea I bet you want to get out of AU PDQ....

Last edited:
Kelly Wilkinson's husband allegedly offered mate $1,000 to help with murder plot, police claim

The second man was offered $1000 for his help. Just heartbreaking.

I’m reporting this post to ask the mods can we please have the title of this thread changed to the victim’s name? Great suggestion, TGY.

This bloke , Bradley, is in big trouble.. He knew all about the plan, he must have been the person who picked up Brian from the police station. Brian must have believed he had a better chance of not being spotted in a strange car, the neighbors, and Kelly would be looking out for Brian's car.

Bradley helped him pickup the petrol at the Servo, too.

Big age difference, between Bradley and Brian, .. a bit off, in a male/male relationship?>. ..or is it just me?....

Amazing what people will do for a measly $1000....

This bloke , Bradley, is in big trouble.. He knew all about the plan, he must have been the person who picked up Brian from the police station. Brian must have believed he had a better chance of not being spotted in a strange car, the neighbors, and Kelly would be looking out for Brian's car.

Bradley helped him pickup the petrol at the Servo, too.

Big age difference, between Bradley and Brian, .. a bit off, in a male/male relationship?>. ..or is it just me?....

Amazing what people will do for a measly $1000....

re the age difference, might be part of Brian’s MO, seeking out relationships/friendships he can control. And if he loses that control, heaven help that person. Of course Brian would always see himself as the victim. I’m sure he’s very sorry for himself right now and thinks everyone else should be too, never mind he wouldn’t be in hospital with third degree burns if he had not chosen to set the mother of his children on fire. Bradley Bell would have to have his own set of issues, easily manipulated perhaps or maybe a big chip on his own shoulder about his own perceived wrongs and injustices.

What I think is reasonable to surmise.....

Johnston has been in an induced coma for months, and had to be taught how to speak again , apparently, he inhaled a whole lot of fire he meant to direct onto his wife, bad luck, and it's only now that Bradley has entered the picture.

So.. Bradley didn't give himself up, he has obviously been hoping Brian would just pass away, still silent, and Brad could go about his business , innocent as a lamb, no one the wiser.

And Brad had good reason to bank on that, there is a mathematical equation, I am neither a surgeon nor a math guru, that hospitals use to predict how long a burn victim lasts, and their chances of coming out the other side....

It's sort of like this......the victims age, the depth of the burns ( 2nd degree, 3rd degree etc ) and the percentage of the body burnt...

Kelly didn't survive her incident, so far, Brian has, but that doesn't mean he isn't slowly dying, severe burn victims struggle on for months, sorry to be graphic... Bradley appears to have been just waiting it out, until that knock on the door.

Last edited:
90d1b02aed29c27d896bac59e5cae989

Ex-husband’s alleged act weeks before Kelly killed

The father of alleged domestic violence victim Kelly Wilkinson has made a shock claim about an incident involving her estranged husband weeks before her death…

This article is member only. Can anyone access the Courier Mail for a summary of the article? I just read about this case. It’s c r a z y…

Another member only:
e6bcbf5284fea72086935521171902dd

In pictures: Vigil for Kelly Wilkinson

Thousands of people turned out to honour Gold Coast mum-of-three Kelly Wilkinson during a moving vigil at the Titans training oval at The Club at Parkwood. SEE THE PICTURES at the GoldCoast Bulletin

Last edited:
Kelly is now the third Queensland victim of alleged domestic violence in the past 62 days along with Doreen and Robyn Beever, 82, since the state government declared yet another taskforce to tackle domestic violence, this time into coercive control.

Maxwell Beever died before facing trial of for the murder of his wife Robyn Beever.​

Behind Paywall.

Brian Early Johnston, 37, stood in court and copped to a count of murder just weeks before he was scheduled to go on trial in Brisbane for Kelly Wilkinson’s 2021 burning death, reported 9News.

The mom-of-three’s scorched body was found in the backyard of the family Gold Coast home on the morning of April 20, 2021.

Johnston, then 34, was accused of violating a restraining order and setting his wife of 10 years ablaze as their three kids, who ranged in age from 2 to 9, looked on in horror.

In the process, Johnston also lit himself on fire and jumped into a pool to put out the flames, police said.

Officers who responded to the scene in the city of Arundel found a semiconscious Johnston with severe burns on his body two blocks away from his home.
Kelly Wilkinson, left. and her husband, Brian Early Johnston, right

Johnston had allegedly been found by police close by the home a short time after paramedics discovered Ms Wilkinsons burnt body.

He was found with serious burns to his hands and airway and was taken to hospital.

Johnston was set to stand trial next month in Brisbane, but was instead arraigned on the charge on Wednesday.

Justice Peter Callaghan set a sentence hearing for March 13.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back