Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a gun, I can bet on it. So if anyone called 911, he’d use it against himself, I think.

I just hope TL and all of the LE are not that inexperienced that they’d miss a local after 5 years. I assume that at least Delphi proper they have ruled out. If not, if among 3K of locals, they can’t find a double murderer, then there is nothing more to say about the case.

So I assume it is some budding SK who knows enough about the place, but either visited, or moved, and not from Delphi proper. About the girls, I have no clue, probably random, or random but hitting a certain stereotype (TB-type of SK). Maybe he really liked Kelsi but hit Libby because she came that day?
Who knows.

So today, I think that he knows the place, probably at one point he visited Delphi or the area nearby. But I suspect that if he is not a local and came to Indiana to hunt for human prey, he’d probably stop at Lafayette because there are more visitors and of all small towns around, one could probably walk in plain sight there. I wonder if local Lafayette inns were checked for the days of 2/7/17-2/21/17.

P.S. about the phone, I don’t know. There are different theories as to what happened. Personally, I think he is a guy, and thinks like one, and a girl taking a selfie looks exactly how it seems to him.

Yeah I agree. I think there were elements of premeditation in bringing the weapon(s) etc. Personally I think he was aware that school's were off that Monday and that it's not a coincidence someone with the capacity to kill people of that age was there that day equipped. He had to have some familiarity with the trails, knew its remoteness, and knew once over the bridge someone would become cut off with no easy escape.

I've never understood the creek crossing, he's wearing jeans, not what you'd think someone would wear if planning to cross water, dealing with muddy areas etc and the potential for physical altercation in them. Seems naive to me. But then, I do wonder if his plan was to direct them up towards the cemetry area to a vehicle which would likely have worked with a sole victim but it got out of control with two and so he had to think on his feet.

All just my opinion.

Yeah I agree. I think there were elements of premeditation in bringing the weapon(s) etc. Personally I think he was aware that school's were off that Monday and that it's not a coincidence someone with the capacity to kill people of that age was there that day equipped. He had to have some familiarity with the trails, knew its remoteness, and knew once over the bridge someone would become cut off with no easy escape.

I've never understood the creek crossing, he's wearing jeans, not what you'd think someone would wear if planning to cross water, dealing with muddy areas etc and the potential for physical altercation in them. Seems naive to me. But then, I do wonder if his plan was to direct them up towards the cemetry area to a vehicle which would likely have worked with a sole victim but it got out of control with two and so he had to think on his feet.

All just my opinion.

Crossing the creek has not been confirmed by LE. In fact, LE has said, I believe, that none of the scenarios that have been put out there as theories are correct.

Crossing the creek has not been confirmed by LE. In fact, LE has said, I believe, that none of the scenarios that have been put out there as theories are correct.

Kelsi stated that's where they were found https://www.actus-reus.com/delphi-timeline.

I will hold my thoughts on how I think LE have performed, but I am not a fan.

I thought we were talking about the route they took/walked, not where they were found.

I guess it's technically possible they went back over the bridge. It'd be a hell of a bold move considering he has no control who comes out of the trails onto it.

The flashes from forensic cameras I saw on the news helicopter footage seemed to indicate more towards the East of the bridge, but that's not conclusive they didn't go all the way around.

One thing to consider with the bridge, if he is a psychopath, they are often oblivious to danger/have a muted fear response. A bridge that they logically know children manage to get over all the time is unlikely to generate a fear response.

I'm not a psychologist, but I would be interested how many adults walk that bridge with their hands in their pockets.

Psychopaths Feel Fear But See No Danger

You know, I think, maybe if we zeroed in on other cases, we’d have a better chance of catching BG. Maybe he has done something in other states, too. I am almost positive he has.
Did you have any specific 'other cases ' in mind that we should zero in on? Or did you think that the WS members just don't do a good job of paying attention to cases in general?

I have been trying to follow your recent posts and figure out just where you're coming from and what you're trying to "say" - but I'm just confused. (Or maybe I haven't spent enough time fully reading some of your longer posts. & I'll admit that. Apologies in advance.)

Did you have any specific 'other cases ' in mind that we should zero in on? Or did you think that the WS members just don't do a good job of paying attention to cases in general?

I have been trying to follow your recent posts and figure out just where you're coming from and what you're trying to "say" - but I'm just confused. (Or maybe I haven't spent enough time fully reading some of your longer posts. & I'll admit that. Apologies in advance.)

Sorry for long-winded posts. I understand if someone scrolls by, btw. I don’t have any specific posts to share as of today. I am following some cases here but they are, mostly, cold. Very much interested in Evansdale.

Just read an article about one of most prolific SKs and how wide his hunting grounds were. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/samuel-little-serial-killer/part-one/

P.S. Honestly, during the day I don’t think about specific Websleuth members; some are brilliant, some, very helpful. Others, I don’t know. In general, I come here for information, and believe that the site does a very good job providing such. ))

Last edited:
You know, I think, maybe if we zeroed in on other cases, we’d have a better chance of catching BG. Maybe he has done something in other states, too. I am almost positive he has.
There is a recent case near me in Atlanta.
GA - Katherine Janness, 40, walking dog, both fatally stabbed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021
It makes me think about Delphi even though the circumstances and victim ages are different. APD has called it a gruesome scene. The victim and her dog were killed by stabbing. She was disfigured. Fbi joined the investigation right away.
I probably see similarities because I am passionate about both cases.

https://www.wtvm.com/2021/07/29/wsb-tv-reports-woman-dog-found-stabbed-death-piedmont-park/

Sorry for long-winded posts. I understand if someone scrolls by, btw. I don’t have any specific posts to share as of today. I am following some cases here but they are, mostly, cold. Very much interested in Evansdale.

Just read an article about one of most prolific SKs and how wide his hunting grounds were. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/samuel-little-serial-killer/part-one/

P.S. Honestly, during the day I don’t think about specific Websleuth members; some are brilliant, some, very helpful. Others, I don’t know. In general, I come here for information, and believe that the site does a very good job providing such. ))

If he is a SK and high functioning, I do wonder if this will have forced him to stop or significantly change his strategy. He certainly didn't seem plan to be caught on any camera. It seems they don't have enough here, but if he's picked up on CCTV, dashcam or whatever at another major crime then being able to link the two could well be his undoing.

I expect when the still image came out he expected to be caught and/or realised that he was now walking a tightrope.

If they did not cross the creek, then it's hard to explain the position of the single shoe that was found.

Also, in his interview with reporter McAdams, Sgt. Holeman said this:

A: When you walked down and I walked through, that was private property right where the bodies were found. Looking at it logistically from where they were on the bridge and to where their bodies were found, I know we talked about the terrain in the past. I know it's not an easy thing to navigate. Usually you might have to be familiar with the area. I mean, would it have been difficult for the girls to from where they were on the bridge to where they were found?

H: [10:49] Yeah. Absolutely. I think it would be difficult, obviously. They have to go through some pretty steep terrain in a wooded area, sticker bushes and things like that, so it's uh ... and then to cross the creek. The creek, and obviously it's February, it's probably not the warmest . The weather was a warm day that day, but still the water temperature is probably cooler than the air temperature. So yeah, it would have been difficult for .... I mean, I don't think anybody, say on a walk, would walk that way.

This is from the video interview transcribed by @Spellbound. Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

Clearly here, the reporter didn't reference the creek crossing...he brought that up himself as part of his answer about the difficulty of the terrain that the victims traversed.

What his answer doesn't tell us is whether they were forced to cross or whether they were fleeing at the time. It does seem to indicate that they were moving under their own power, not being dragged, IMO.

Sometimes posters here express confusion about how the Delphi crime scene could possibly look "pristine" (in RL's words) in the day or so after the property was released. Sometimes people have speculated what that could mean re: cause or location of death (as in, maybe LE cannot be believed that the girls were killed where they were found since the purported scene doesn't appear that disturbed).

Here's something that may shake the way you think about the appearance of the Delphi scene. In Atlanta over the weekend, a woman was stabbed multiple times and killed in a city park. Her WS thread is in Crimes in the News ("Katherine Janness"). A local reporter tweeted this photo of the scene where her body was found:

https://mobile.twitter.com/zacontv/status/1421228472748417027?s=21

Keep in mind that this scene was the site of a multiple stabbing and mutilation, according to MSM reports, and authorities and family (who unfortunately were the ones to find her) described it as brutal and gruesome. Here it's viewed as crime scene techs left it, a day or so after the murder. I could easily see this area, like Delphi, also described as "pristine," which is incredible given what we know happened to the victim.

Long story short: IMO no conclusions about the Delphi murders can be made from contemporaneous descriptions of the crime scene by public citizens.

There is a recent case near me in Atlanta.
GA - Katherine Janness, 40, walking dog, both fatally stabbed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021
It makes me think about Delphi even though the circumstances and victim ages are different. APD has called it a gruesome scene. The victim and her dog were killed by stabbing. She was disfigured. Fbi joined the investigation right away.
I probably see similarities because I am passionate about both cases.
https://www.wtvm.com/2021/07/29/wsb-tv-reports-woman-dog-found-stabbed-death-piedmont-park/
WSB-TV REPORTS: Woman, dog found stabbed to death in Piedmont Park

ugh, I saw this and felt sick to my stomach. This poor woman.

Can anyone recommend me a poster or posters who are knowledgeable about profiling and different kinds of killers? I feel like Foxfire could’ve helped me darn it I miss him.
I specifically want to know about killers who kill with knives, are they more likely to be men or women.. that kind of thing. And if someone kills and mutilates with a knife and then performs post Mortem acts, is this person likely to be able to hold down a job or seem normal in a conversation with a stranger? How common is this type of killer?

I'm going to take a long break from the case.

1) If JBC isn't the killer, then I'm afraid that 4+ years of the investigation will turn into 5 years.
OR
2) If JBC is the killer, they will not charge him on the Delphi murders until a) they have enough evidence and b) his fate is sealed with the 10-year old girl he assaulted. They will probably let that happen and finish out before coming out in public with charges related to Delphi.

Bottom line: Since JBC is or he isn't the killer... no news regardless for at least a year.

Take care everyone. Great community here of people who care. Hopefully something new and significant happens with the case before then.

I'm going to take a long break from the case.

1) If JBC isn't the killer, then I'm afraid that 4+ years of the investigation will turn into 5 years.
OR
2) If JBC is the killer, they will not charge him on the Delphi murders until a) they have enough evidence and b) his fate is sealed with the 10-year old girl he assaulted. They will probably let that happen and finish out before coming out in public with charges related to Delphi.

Bottom line: Since JBC is or he isn't the killer... no news regardless for at least a year.

Take care everyone. Great community here of people who care. Hopefully something new and significant happens with the case before then.
Agree…

"No further comment on Mr. Chadwell or any other suspect will be afforded in the foreseeable future," Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Wednesday when the Journal & Courier called asking for follow-up information about James Brian Chadwell.
Delphi murders: Blackout imposed in Libby and Abby killings

Can anyone recommend me a poster or posters who are knowledgeable about profiling and different kinds of killers? I feel like Foxfire could’ve helped me darn it I miss him.
I specifically want to know about killers who kill with knives, are they more likely to be men or women.. that kind of thing. And if someone kills and mutilates with a knife and then performs post Mortem acts, is this person likely to be able to hold down a job or seem normal in a conversation with a stranger? How common is this type of killer?

What you need to look at is the FBI Supplemental Homicide Report, this will tell you what you want to know. The current statistics are likely much the same as those laid out in this article from 2015:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/05/07/poison-is-a-womans-weapon/

From 1999-2012, we see that men committed 90% of all murders. Guns are used in the majority of all homicide cases. Men used guns 2/3 of the time and women used guns less than half the time.

If you take guns completely out of the equation and just look at all other methods of killing, you can see that men are more likely to beat someone to death with their own hands or with a blunt object, followed by strangling. Women are more likely to stab, asphyxiate, poison, or drown their victims. Keep in mind that a lot of women kill family members during domestic violence incidents (especially their children) - not strangers in a park. So I think it's difficult to draw any firm conclusion from this that applies to all circumstances. And, because men are responsible for so many more of the total murders that take place, more men will stab their victims to death overall, if that makes sense.

Regarding postmortem acts. Again, following the general trend outlined above, men are more likely to commit post-mortem acts (though we don't necessarily know that that disfiguration described by reports of the Janness case was specifically post-mortem, as in, the murderer hung around to do it - it could have been committed peri-mortem in a frenzy). Mutilation would likely be a signature act by the offender, something unnecessary to the actual commission of the crime but done for gratification purposes and related to the inner fantasy of the offender. It can substitute for sexual gratification IMO.

All opinions only.

What you need to look at is the FBI Supplemental Homicide Report, this will tell you what you want to know. The current statistics are likely much the same as those laid out in this article from 2015:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/05/07/poison-is-a-womans-weapon/

From 1999-2012, we see that men committed 90% of all murders. Guns are used in the majority of all homicide cases. Men used guns 2/3 of the time and women used guns less than half the time.

If you take guns completely out of the equation and just look at all other methods of killing, you can see that men are more likely to beat someone to death with their own hands or with a blunt object, followed by strangling. Women are more likely to stab, asphyxiate, poison, or drown their victims. Keep in mind that a lot of women kill family members during domestic violence incidents (especially their children) - not strangers in a park. So I think it's difficult to draw any firm conclusion from this that applies to all circumstances. And, because men are responsible for so many more of the total murders that take place, more men will stab their victims to death overall, if that makes sense.

Regarding postmortem acts. Again, following the general trend outlined above, men are more likely to commit post-mortem acts (though we don't necessarily know that that disfiguration described by reports of the Janness case was specifically post-mortem, as in, the murderer hung around to do it - it could have been committed peri-mortem in a frenzy). Mutilation would likely be a signature act by the offender, something unnecessary to the actual commission of the crime but done for gratification purposes and related to the inner fantasy of the offender. It can substitute for sexual gratification IMO.

All opinions only.
Yemelyan,
Thank you so much for taking time to answer me and pointing me in the right direction for info.

The event itself, while it includes a march around the courthouse and up Chauncey, will also involve guest speakers and serve as a “miniature crime con,” said Nicole Gradie, another organizer of the event.

One of the speakers, Greeno said, will be the mother of Liberty German, who was a victim of the infamous 2017 Delphi murders, a local unsolved case that has garnered coverage from nearly all true crime podcasts and shows and gained a national following.

Greeno said the Delphi case is one he is particularly passionate about because he grew up in the area.

"That case has been my focus," he said. "That's probably how people all over the world know who I am because of that case. That case is my heart right there."

Senator Ron Alting is expected to speak at the event regarding a new policy that passed this July, allowing victims of unsolved crimes or their family members to take their case to the Indiana State Police if they feel it hasn't been investigated properly. The law, Senate Enrolled Act 177, or the "Right to Request a New Investigation" took effect July 1.

Sgt. Jeremy Piers, public information officer for the Indiana State Police, said there are some nuances to the law.
Unsolved crime advocates plan march in Lafayette

Audio downloads:
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.mp3

Video downloads:
Delphi_MotionFix.mp4
ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics