IL - Stephen Butler lll, 14, beaten to death, fnd in ditch, Champlain, July 2021 *arrest*

Dear Lord! The Father's friend murdered this young guy?

The poor dad was already devastated worrying about him because he didn't come back from mowing a lawn. Now this?

You took the words right out of my mouth, @Filly -- what in the world was this? How/why did this happen?
Does the man arrested have any bad history WRT young teens? What did the 14 year-old do to bring on this apparent rage and deadly treatment of the young man? Was the boy lost and "trespassing" on the man's property?
A bunch of questions, but no answers. I'm hoping we'll hear a little more about this WRT details before LE and the courts shut it down.

Oh that poor young man, and his family. He was there one day and gone for good the next. Just why???
My heart aches.

58843985_1627746594397349_r-jpg.307022

Single father of three and his firstborn. He wasted no time reporting him missing. Life as we know it can change so quickly.
Rest in peace, Steven, forever young. Condolences to those who loved him.

"Steven had left the family home about 5 p.m., didn’t return his dad’s calls and could not be found.
The teen was reported missing to Champaign police about 7:30 p.m. by his father, who said it was out of character for him not to stay in touch with him.
Two cyclists found his body just before 7 a.m.
The boy was the victim of blunt-force injuries."
Champaign man arrested in beating death of 14-year-old found in ditch

Attachments

• 58843985_1627746594397349_r.jpg
    58843985_1627746594397349_r.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
speculation: could dads friend have lured him over to mow the lawn but really planned to SA him? i cant imagine what would just make this man kill his friends son.

Another local here. Super sad and heartbreaking! I don't know this family personally, but grew up and have family that live very close to where all of this happened.

speculation: could dads friend have lured him over to mow the lawn but really planned to SA him? i cant imagine what would just make this man kill his friends son.

bbm
Something like that ran thru my mind, too. Molestation (to put it politely) perhaps? Or suspicion that the young man "did something to" the man's property, or "stole something from" the man perhaps? Was the man on some horrible drug? Does anyone know anything about this man who was arrested?
What would have made him do something that cruel to a young person?

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress