AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 Media Maps Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

#TNAMBERAlert: The investigation into the disappearance of Summer Wells remains ongoing.

Misinformation shared on social media about the case continues to cause problems. We are again urging the public only to share info from official sources.

https://twitter.com/tbinvestigation/status/1423012222683471882?s=21

As TBI agents and @HawkinsCountySO detectives continue to work alongside the FBI to determine what happened to Summer Wells, false information being shared on social media is causing issues. Click on the link in the below post to read more. #TNAMBERAlert

https://twitter.com/TBILeslie/status/1423013180255653893

UPDATED 8/4/21 – The investigation into the circumstances leading to the disappearance of 5-year-old Summer Wells remains active and ongoing. Agents and Hawkins County detectives continue to search for a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack and white buckets in the truck bed. As previously mentioned, this stems from information investigators received that a truck matching that description was seen in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon to early evening on either Monday, June 14th, or Tuesday, June 15th.

It has been brought to our attention that a photo of what the truck may look like has been circulating on social media, along with claims that the vehicle has been located. This is not accurate. Additionally, the photo was not released by law enforcement. We continue to urge the public only to share information from official sources.

We are also aware of individuals asking for donations from the public under the pretense that they are assisting law enforcement in the search for Summer. Agents and Hawkins County detectives have not requested investigative assistance from any private citizen.

Should we develop new information that could help in locating Summer, we will notify the public immediately. However, please understand that we cannot share specifics about the investigation itself, as it is ongoing.

[...]

AMBER Alert – Summer Wells | (tbinewsroom.com)

TBI: Despite social media claims, truck driven by potential witness still not found in Search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
The TBI reported they had received just over 1,100 tips in the search on Tuesday, August 3.

Mod Note:

After review, this You Tube episode is approved.

Dr. Butcher has an impressive background. Butcher is Chief of Staff and Director of the Forensic Sciences Training Program at the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner. As an investigator at OCME, she investigated more than 5500 death scenes and 680 homicides.
Barbara Butcher, MPH | Adelphi Profiles

August 10th marked eight weeks since 5-year-old Summer Wells disappeared. The Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office continues to work with the TBI and FBI to find Summer.

Many have asked for an update. While we do not have any significant developments to share, Sheriff Lawson wants to reassure the public that the investigation is very much active.

https://twitter.com/tbileslie/status/1425485340467507202?s=21

While we can’t provide constant updates about the investigation, that doesn’t mean we’ve given up. We are determined to find out what happened to 5-year-old Summer Wells.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation tweeted a video of Lawson Wednesday, during which he addressed concerns from people who speculated that the investigation into Summer’s disappearance had ended.
Lawson said while he understands there is speculation about the investigation, he wants the community to know the case is ongoing.
“Everybody is still a suspect, person of interest, however you want to put it,” Lawson said. “We’re still very intensely looking into it.”
Hawkins Co. Sheriff addresses Summer Wells speculation, says in video search is not over | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
BBM.
[...]

#TNAMBERAlert: Summer Wells has now been missing for more than 8-weeks. TBI agents and @HawkinsCountySO detectives get asked daily if the investigation has ended. The answer is no. In this clip, Sheriff Ronnie Lawson addresses those concerns. Call 1-800-TBI-FIND w/information.

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1425484987181277188

Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said detectives are still investigating, “very intensely.”

“I understand people’s curiosity about where we’re at in the case, as far as the investigation,” Sheriff Lawson said. “I know people speculate and I understand that. But they have to understand our number one goal from day one is to find Summer and everybody’s still a suspect.”

[...]

Hawkins Co. Sheriff’s Office still investigating Summer Wells case ‘very intensely’

'Everybody's still a suspect': Summer Wells investigation remains ongoing

August 14, 2021
Prayer circle held for missing Summer Wells (video at link)

KINGSPORT, Tenn. — August 15 marks two months since five-year-old Summer Wells was first reported missing from her home in Hawkins County.

On Saturday, family and community members gathered together to pray for Summer and her safe return.

[...]

Another prayer circle is scheduled for next Saturday. Organizers say they plan to host these events on as many Saturdays as possible.

[...]

Prayer circle hosted for Summer Wells’ family, other missing children | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

I still have to include the latest extracts from @dacjess (THANK YOU!!) but here is what has been pulled together so far. Feel free to extract areas to copy and post for focus:

Summer Wells Timeline
BLUE FONT means the link is already embedded.
Collaborative Poster Effort - Feel free to copy to a new post and add in what you find in approved sources.
*List is a Draft and may not be in order - links/quotes will be added for final version that we can continue to insert info into as it is learned*

Morning:
CW says “I actually put her bathing suit on before we left the house because it was really hot out that day” 4:23

8:00 am - Went to Hospital
CBW says “I know I went to the hospital at 8 with my mom and dropped her off and I was sitting there and H called me.” (6:00) CBW says she was sitting at the hospital in the parking lot waiting for her mom to get done (6:07)

From H:
“ she said she’d be over in like five ten minutes” (2:45)

10 or 11:00 am- Arrives at H’s
Had to have been like around 11 right…or 10 or I think it was at least 10 because I was up all night”(5:26) - CM clarifies this could be wrong because H says he’s not good with times

H says they got to Priceless for the milk a few hours later
I think it was a few hours later” (8:44)

H says they go from A’s to pick up CH at the hospital
Not even like 10 minutes later we go to Walgreens (10:55)
We put the prescription in which is probably like 10, 15 minutes because…” (11:20)

Then we handed a prescription they said about like 10, 15, well it was gonna be 30 to 35 minutes” (11:30)

H says they go from Walgreens to discount store to get cigarettes/vapes/Twisted Tea then go to the horse stable. No times mentioned. (16:55)

H says at some point Summer goes under water for 10-15 seconds (24:27)

Says “at least like four seconds” from the time he saw her in the water to the time he got her out of the water (26:17)

Says “then not even like 15 minutes later she was, we went to uh grab that prescription that she needed” (28:29)

H says from the water hole they go to “this thing called Hippie House” (29:08)

Says they were in there “like five minutes tops” (31:41)

H says after Hippie House then they “went to grab that prescription” (31:56)

CM asks how long H thinks it took for that prescription to get ready (32:06) and H responds “they said 35 minutes. So we could’ve been that could’ve all took 35 minutes or more.” (32:10)

H says from there (Walgreens) “we go to Sonic” (32:52) (A says the Sonic is on Ft. Henry Drive)

H says they eat the slushees on the way to Priceless (33:37)

Says “I think they were in the store for an hour maybe” (34:55) “A little bit long but not that long” (35:00)

A says she thinks the one (picture) “with the milk jugs was sitting right here in front of my house because that’s exactly how that baby was before they left” (36:50) NOTE: WS’ers have since identified photo location as near the Well’s home

From CBW

At some point while H and Summer were in the water swimming, CBW says “come on Summer we gotta go get Grandma’s prescription and we just got back in the truck and left.” (10:55)

CBW says “we went to we went okay we went to the hospital and picked up my mom and then we stopped at the smoke shop and I got Mom that Twisted Tea that she wanted. And then I stopped up at the Hippie House and got me some smoke nicotine vapes is what I got.” (12:15)

CBW says “And then we left from there and we went straight down to Walgreens and we went through the drive-through (12:35) but after we were done at the Hippie House I think we bought three of them I think I believe.”(12:40)

When asked about the call from DW, CBW says “He called me and asked how everything was going okay and how soon we were gonna be home.” (29:45)

CBW says “we went to the Walgreens and dropped off Mom’s prescription and I said well if we gotta wait thirty minutes why don’t we just bring Summer down here.” (12:58)

CM asks “from here where do you guys go?” (13:17)

CBW says “Walgreens we picked up my Mom’s prescription.” (13:18)

CBW says “Then we I told Mom I said why don’t we get a Sonic because it’s hot out.” (13:36)

CBW says “And we left from there and went to Priceless and I wasn’t even in there five minutes grab my milk come right back out the door.” (14:55)

CBW says “And then we left from there and I went up Moreland Drive because I had to pick up a few things cuz I was in the store for maybe five minutes.” (13:47)

CBW says she “grabbed the milk and some cheese and I don’t remember what else I bought.” (13:52) She clarifies that this is the Priceless (13:54)

CBW says “And then I was like Hunter, you’re not coming to the house, I’m sorry to tell you but you’re going back to your house.” (14:00)

Continues “And I took him back to his house and dropped him off and left.” (14:06)

“And Summer was still awake when I left his house.” (14:09)

——————————————
1:33 Picked up or dropped off Prescription PER: TIR 40 mins episode

AFTER H is Dropped Off

CBW says “On the way home well we were just sitting there talking me and Mom about everything pretty much, trees, flowers, rocks. (17:02)

CBW: “She fell asleep I’d say maybe five minutes down the road.” (10:10)

Continues “And I was like oh what’s Summer doing she’s like oh she fell asleep. I was like oh where’s she, how’s she sleeping.” (17:09)

And we were like two minutes from the house when she took her arm down.” (17:52) (note: based on WS’ers research this is likely when the milk jug photo was actually taken)

3:00 - 7:00

(Times are Apx. GUESSES and/OR ESTIMATIONS)

3:15 Come home
CBW says “And then when we got to the house we unlocked the gate went up and I woke her up. (17:59) “She got up, I unbuckled her, she got out of the car.” (18:02)

CM: “Okay walk me through, you take the groceries inside, now is Don home by the way?” CBW: “No he’s not.” (10:20)

“We went and grabbed the boys from the house to come help us with the groceries because I always have them come help me do something.” (18:04)

CM asks “Now who was home when you got home?” (18:11) CBW responds “My three sons.” (18:12) CM asks “Now was he (J) babysitting?” CBW responds “Well technically they weren’t really they were watching tv and sleeping at the same time.” (18:23) “And I was just gonna run out for a second and we never even plan I didn’t even plan for H to even be with us that day at all.” (18:31)

CM asks CBW to walk through what’s going on as they unload groceries. (20:38)
CBW responds “Well I’m like I bring my kids out and we all unload the groceries but we all go in my house first because we sort out my mom’s groceries.” (20:46) “And we did that and Mom walked back across and I was me and Summer were putting groceries away and I dunno watching tv off and on and just chilling with the boys hanging out and…” (21:00)

And then us we decided to do some laundry because laundry, my kids they got 80 pairs of pants, 80 pairs of, each one of them.” (21:10) (stated 1 hour)

Uh but um, doing laundry and stuff and the kids are all sitting there watching tv chilling and I stepped down I notice Mom was sitting on the step and her step is like, literally, from here to that tree at my doorstep.” (21:38) “And she’s like looking around like what’s your problem, she’s like we gotta get these plants transplanted into bigger pots.” (21:47)

Plant flowers for 30-50 mins

Of course Grandma gives it to her and she wanted candy so Grandma gave it to her talked to for maybe, I dunno, maybe 5, 10 minutes at the most and she was Mom I want to go back to the house with my brothers.” (23:41)

“I was like alright, so I got up and I walked her back across to where I could literally see her walk into my doorstep. Well I don’t know if you want to call it front door, back door because I don’t really consider…” (23:59)

3:30 DW Stated phones are wiped from this point forward

3:58 ?CW uploads videos

“Me and my mother and her were planting flowers, and we went in after we got done washing our hands, and [Summer] got a piece of candy from grandma,” Bly said. “[Summer] wanted to go back over and see her brothers, and I said, ‘OK,’ and I walked her all the way over to the porch, and I watched her walking into the kitchen where the boys were watching TV.”

5:30 SW goes into the house/basement

CW Goes back to CH’s for Knee Brace 2-5 mins

I had to go over and help my mom she was still sitting over there and I had to go and get her knee brace and fix it for her, it was twisted and crap. It took me like five minutes, maybe two minutes, I don’t know.” (24:26)

Within 2 mins CW goes back to the home to look for SW

Neighbor hears scream (Female and her daughter)

5:32 - 5:35 CW goes in home to look, yells a few times and then goes downstairs to check “she’s just gone” (5:32-5:35 is based on the statement of 2 - 5 mins)

Sent Boys to the Creek

I sent my boys down through the well we live on a hill so it was down by the creek.” (25:45) “I sent them all down through there looking and everything and they still didn’t find her and they said no so I ran over and I freaked out I called Donnie because that’s what I do automatically I freak out, you know.” (26:12)

After Boys don’t find her She calls DW

I freaked out I called Donnie because that’s what I do automatically I freak out, you know.” (26:12)

CW calls DW at work in Jonesborough from her own phone

“So I dropped my phone because I had to run over and get Mom’s phone and dial 9-1-1….”

I call Donnie. I said I cannot find Summer come home now. He’s like call the cops so I threw my phone down on the back of his pickup, ran over to my mom, picked up her phone because it’s the only one that gets cell service is AT&T.” (26:25)

6:16 (If Missing for 10 mins prior) based on dispatch call

6:26 CW calls 911 on CH's phone (6:26?) (Latest TIR with CM states it was 6:23)

CW drives CH’s truck .. “all the way down by the church, then went all the way down the (other) way and I didn’t see nobody even out and about.” Then I went all the way back in the holler as far as the truck can go and I didn’t see nothing back in there, either. When I was coming back up out of the holler, the cops were coming up in my driveway. So, I just followed them up in here. I don’t recall if (Don) was here before the police got here or if he was here at the same time they showed up,” said Candus.

CW sends boys to check around creek (sounds in parallel to her leaving in truck to search)

6:29 DW calls 911 from work (check Cher video for a possible 6:29 reference)

Male neighbor becomes involved in the search

“Before the cops even came out, I went down and told my neighbors, “Summer is missing, will you help me look?”

7:00 Don makes a 45 minute drive home in 25 - 35 minutes (38min mark) (7:00 would be based on a 30 min drive after the 6:29 911 call) NOTE: look for links to include that may reference other possible arrival times.

DW states he arrives before LE but many neighbors were already searching

DW arrives at shed

7:03 Search and Rescue is in motion (85:18)

—-
CW contacts RL and DD
——

H says “it was a short period of time after they dropped me off that they said that she was missing” (26:01)

CW asks when the next time is that CBW contacts H. H says “around 7:30 that day” (40:12)
———-
A says H was interviewed by TBI Wednesday, then CBW “came here Thursday” (43:30)

Activities in the Periphery:

Tree Trimmers are working
CBW: “It was actually, that day and a few days prior to that, they were working on this.” (8:18) “So I’ve even come to a conclusion maybe one of them people have snatched her. Because they were all the way up here on the property and they were all the way up here to my light pole.” (8:24)

Property is for sale - “I tried to get them to go check out this guy who was trying to camp out here and try to take over my neighbor’s property”.

An employee of DW was dismissed the day before

1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma with a full bed ladder rack and white buckets in the truck bed sighting

Last edited:
Parents’ Interview (WJHL)

• Questions not provided in video, paragraphs signify jumps/cuts

CBW: “I know she didn’t walk away from this property by herself or off this yard by her swing. I feel in my heart that somebody has came up here and took her. Has lured her away from here.” (0:10)

CBW: “Me and my mother and her were planting flowers and we went in after we got done washing our hands and she got a piece of candy from Grandma and she wanted to go back over and see her brothers and I said okay and I walked her all the way over to the porch and I watched her walk into the kitchen where the boys were watching tv. And I told the boys, I said watch Summer, I’ll be back. And within two minutes I came and I asked the boys where their sister was and they said she went downstairs Mom to play with her toys in the playroom. I said okay, and I yelled downstairs for her a couple times and I didn’t get no answer which was unusual because usually she always answers me.” (1:00)

CBW: “And so I went down there to check and she was nowhere in sight. She was just gone.” (1:17)

CBW: “I don’t go on walks around here or runs because I’m scared of the bears and snakes, and even the coyotes that are around here.” (1:27)

CBW: “Well, whoever has my daughter, I pray and hope that they have not harmed her and they bring her back to us safe and sound.” (1:34)

DW: “Just turned, I mean, go to the FBI, the police and cleared it up, and I don’t know, it seems kind of elusive.”

CW: “It’s really strange that I’ve never seen this truck and I’ve never heard of it until just recently, but I wish they would come forward and explain theirselves and if you’re not a suspect at least come forward and say what you’ve seen.” (2:04)

CW: “She was a tomboy. I shaved my head, she wanted to have her head shaved like me and the boys did.”

DW: “She tried to shave her head in the back…”

CBW: “She tried to shave her head herself.”

DW: “And make it, uh, I think you can see it in some of the pictures. And it was getting out of control so she, we decided to shave her head off and let it grow back long and she shaved her head to, so she wouldn’t feel bad and, uh, but, but it didn’t bother her at this point.” (2:37)

DW: “Well we knew, I knew right away that she was abducted, you know. I knew that right away. That’s what I told them from the beginning but they have to, they have to go through their, you know, I forget the word.”

CBW: “Investigation.”

DW: “They have to do one step at a time I guess but I’m sorry that they had to spend so many man hours in these woods and everything. I’ve seen them limping and everything else, you know and I feel for them. I just wish that there was a way that neighbors could search neighbors’ houses and then if they’re not willing, you know, get a search warrant or something but there’s just no way you can search every single house you know and in the Eastern United States, or whatever, but I wish there was a way. Just thankful for the person or persons that’s doing that, you know, out of love, trying to get information and trying to get her found and we thank them from the bottom of our hearts.”

CBW: “It means a lot.”

DW: “And we thank, uh, everybody who’s trying so hard and praying so hard and she’s, uh, awesome young lady, and uh, we just want her back.” (3:50)

DW: “Yeah there’s always going to be haters you know and you know it’s always going to be that way in this world and we just want to focus on the good friends and Christian people that are trying to help us and praying for us and praying for Summer and, uh, we thank them from the bottom of our hearts and that’s the kind of people we try to relate with and socialize with. So we don’t know anything about you know, no red truck or we hardly know many of our neighbors, I mean, because we just try to be around good people. I mean, and we do have good people in this area we found out since this has all happened. We have some real good neighbors and good folks everywhere but, uh…” (4:39)

CBW: “The most important thing is to bring Summer home. Safe.” (4:46)

CBW: “I’m sorry that you feel this way about us but we love our children with everything we have. We’ve never went without, thanks to Summer’s daddy and my husband. He’s always provided for and has worked as much as he could, and can, and still is. And I’m sorry that you guys feel that way but that’s my baby and nobody would ever treat her like that as long as I was around. Ever. (5:25)

DW: “She loves to, she loves to dance, she loves, she would always want me. She says Daddy hold my hand when she would just, she would like to twirl and twirl and twirl until my arm got tired you know, but, and I mean all I put out there that one of Can, uh, one of Summer’s favorite songs was, uh, Godzilla and they say, you know, they’re jumping all over me about past tense. Was, you know, well, I’m sorry about that but…” (5:58)

CBW: “She also liked the song by New Breed. It was called House, My House. She sung that a lot of times when I play it on the tv. She loved to dance.” (6:09)

DW: “She liked to think of herself as a princess and, uh, you know and all that like all young girls do, and uh… (6:17)

CBW: “She loved Frozen, she loved to be that Elsa and…” (6:28)

DW: “I think she really loved to be in church because she felt a lot of love there and I think you can’t explain what that love is but you feel it, and you know it, you know when you’re young and she felt that there and she loved everybody in that church, or she loves everybody in that church, I should rephrase that because they’ll tear that apart as past tense and I apologize again for that. I hope she gets to come home, you know, and I hope she gets to be with our church family again.” (6:56)

CBW: “Our best friend in that church was R. She loved her to death.” (7:00)

DW: “Yeah, she looked up to women that were…”

CBW: “When she come to that church, she went looking for R, that was her favorite person.” (7:10)

DW: “Any woman that, uh, was professional…”

CBW: “Was pretty, beautiful.”

DW: “Yeah, she looked up to those kind of women, she, you know, they were, uh, how do the word I’m looking for, I can’t think of it but she looked up to them. She’d give them a run for their money every day. She’d give them a run for their money. And there was times, you know, we’d be, you know, that our boys like don’t do this and don’t do that and next thing you know, the stick would come up and just whop them, you know. I’d be like Summer don’t do that.” (7:40)

CBW: “Summer was the boss of the family.” (7:42)

DW: “Yeah she’s typical girl.”

CBW: “They get outta line, she’d put them in line.” (7:48)

DW: “She’d do her best.” (7:50)

CBW: “She’d love to play in the mud and the water and swing on her swing and enjoy dirt.” (7:57)

DW: “When I was, when I run the lawnmower around, she was she would run behind me. When the boys run their bikes around, she as fast as that little bike could go, she would be behind them running as fast and keeping up with them no problem, you know. She loved to run. She just loved to run. And uh, she could pull herself up on that swing her full body weight with her two hands and she could do that and none of the other boys can do that but she can.” (8:25)

QUESTION: “Was she at school yet?”

CBW: “No.”

DW: “No, she was going this year.”

CBW: “This was supposed to be her first year of kindergarten.” (8:30)

DW: “We did all the, what.”

CBW: “I took care of everything, she had her, I had already took all of her shots and registered in the school for ready for this year.” (8:45)

DW: “I just never expected for anyone to get ahold of my heart like she has because I try to guard my heart as much as I can but she just, she holds my heart in her little hands and I love her with all my heart. I mean, I’d do anything to have her back.” (9:07)

DW: “If there’s any way you could find it in your heart to please release her somehow, I don’t know how you might do that, I mean because you’re probably scared of going to prison for the rest of your life and everything else I’m sure but please find it in your heart, have mercy and find a way of letting her go and where we can get her back and uh, just please have mercy on her and, you know, and us, and her brothers. And she’s such a loving, good spirit, please, please don’t hurt her. Please just let her come home. (9:50)

DW: “But my biggest fear is, you know, her being tormented or locked in a dungeon or basement or something because she loves, she loved to be outside all the time. That was her, unfortunately her downfall because a lot of times the boys would be inside and we’d be where’s Summer, why’d you leave her out there alone, you know, go get Summer now, you know? And that’s happened over and over again and, uh, we’d come out and she would always be close by but we was always coming, she had to be outside. She was an outdoor person.” (10:30)

CBW: “She loves to be outside.”

DW: “I’m just so afraid that she’s locked away. She’s such a loving heart and everything and I’m afraid that she won’t be able to, um, locked away where she can’t be outside or with a puppy or anything, you know. Love nature, you know, and it’s, that’s my greatest fear that she’s not able to do any of these things anymore or that she could possibly, you know, I, I don’t want to think she’s dead but it’s a possibility.” (11:08)

DW: “I don’t want to address all the negativity, I just want to focus on the positive because…”

CBW: “Find our daughter.” (11:15)

DW: “It’s so easy to get, you know, lost in that negativity and stuff and it’s just not worth it. So I’m just, uh, I appreciate y’all for the good things you say and, uh, your prayers, that’s awesome.” (11:28)

CBW: “When my sister went missing I was in between Arkansas and Tennessee. I don’t know all of what happened, or what did happen, but I hope that they find her too. And bring her home safely too.” (11:44)

DW: “Yeah, there’s no, there’s nothing that I mean, she disappeared without a trace. They haven’t found anything, haven’t found a body, nothing and you know when you see cases like that, that’s why I lose hope on Summer, you know. I want to keep hope but sometimes I just, I just, I lose hope. And I think well, maybe we won’t never see her again. So I start thinking in past tense, sorry. But I’m trying to keep hope up. I’m trying to keep my prayers up and all that.” (12:15)

Sep 15, 2021

[...]

“We don’t have any updates to provide other than to say the investigation remains active and ongoing,” said TBI Spokesperson Leslie Earhart in a statement to News Channel 11. “Agents and detectives with the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office continue to work daily to determine what happened to Summer Wells. We ask those with credible information to call 1-800-TBI-FIND. We’ve received around 1200 tips in the search for Summer.”

[...]

‘There’s still more questions than answers’ | TBI says investigators won’t give up search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

9/23/21

“Unfortunately, there’s still more questions than answers,” Earhart said. “But we haven’t given up, and we won’t.”

Earhart said the TBI and the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office are working daily to find Summer.

“We’re still looking, still searching, still following tips,” Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said in the video. “One thing that we need to do is preserve the integrity of this case because we can’t tell everything we’re doing, we can’t tell everything we know, and a lot of the stuff that we get called on, we’ve already done several times.”

TBI: Despite social media claims, truck driven by potential witness still not found in Search for Summer Wells
The TBI urges people interested in the case to only share information from official sources, as speculation and misinformation can hinder the case.

[..]

Summer Wells was reported missing from her home on Ben Hill Road on June 15. An Amber Alert was issued the next day. Since then, the search for Summer and the investigation into her disappearance have been ongoing.

TBI on Summer Wells case: 'We haven't given up, and we won't'

9/23/21

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WCYB) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation released an update Thursday regarding the Summer Wells case.

The 5-year-old Hawkins County girl remains missing. She was reported missing on June 15 and an Amber Alert remains active for her.

As a reminder, she is 3 feet tall and weighs 40 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes.

The TBI said many unhelpful tips from social media have been coming in. You are asked to send in only reliable tips. If you have any information that would help the investigation, you're asked to call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

The TBI and Sheriff Ronnie Lawson added that there is information that can not be released to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation@TBInvestigation

WATCH: We thought we'd take a few minutes to update you on the search for Summer Wells, the five-year-old from Hawkins County who was reported missing on June 15th and remains the subject of a #TNAMBERAlert. Bottom line: We haven't given up, and we won't.

3.2K views
0:13 / 2:24 SEE VIDEO AT LINK

TBI News Alert: The Search For Summer Wells
Here's an update in the ongoing search for the missing Hawkins County five-year-old.
12:16 PM · Sep 23, 2021

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/m...ting-summer-wells-disappearance-investigation

Posted at 7:51 AM, Sep 24, 2021
and last updated 6:12 AM, Sep 24, 2021

ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — For the first time in weeks, we're hearing from the TBI about the investigation into the disappearance of 5-year-old Summer Wells.

It's been more than three months since the little girl went missing from her Hawkins County home. Agents said they have more questions than answers but aren’t giving up.

Summer's family said on the afternoon of June 15, she went inside their home after playing outside and hasn't been seen since.

Sky 5
Sky 5 flies over the area that's believed to be the last place Summer Wells was seen before she disappeared.
The TBI issued an Amber Alert the following day, concerned for her well-being.

They said misinformation and speculation has hurt the case. They add, a lot of the tips they're receiving are rooted in rumors and bad information on social media.

Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said they want more reliable tips, but they're still following up on hundreds of them. He wants the community to know they’re still searching for Summer and can’t release all the details about the investigation out to the public.

“We're still looking, still searching. We're still following tips. One thing that we need to do is preserve the integrity of this case because we can't tell everything we're doing. We can't tell everything we know,” Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said.

Anyone with information on Summer Wells is asked to call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back