ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can a 5 year old child disappear from a city street almost a week ago and we hear crickets?
I've wondered the same. Hoping it's because they have information and a potential suspect but are keeping it quiet. Because this is so close to the Oregon border, if he was taken it could be multi state, which is why I'm glad the FBI is there to help.

Mickaela Elich@MickaelaElich
New statement by the Fruitland Police Department in regard to missing five-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughan.

E70v8AAVEAE2vrp

BOISE, Idaho (CBS2) —

It has now been six days since five-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughan has been missing.

JD Huff the chief of police for the Fruitland Police Department released a statement this evening saying that as of today additional searches are being conducted by law enforcement and fire personnel using areal, marine, and land in the area's Michael was seen last.

"This search is painstaking and methodical, but all the details matter." said Chief Huff. "This little boy is a member of our community and we're grateful for all those who've come together to do all we can to find him."

The search continues for missing Fruitland boy

I haven't read all the updates, but have they dredged any portion of the Snake River yet?
Police Chief JD Huff said in the press conference Saturday that ID Fish and Game officers are searching the Snake River by boat 4-5 miles downriver and back up and in the sloughs of the river also.

I don't think the Snake could even be dredged...it's really deep and has a lot of undercurrents.

"Additional updates will be released tomorrow, Tuesday, August 3, or as the investigation allows."

I wonder what kind of updates they have. On their (Fruitland PD) FB right now they said the search efforts are still ongoing and extensive. When one of their officers is through responding to a call they return immediately to the search.

Tuesday will mark one week since a five-year-old Michael Vaughan disappeared in Fruitland.

Right now police aren't saying much. The Fruitland PD is in its sixth day of searching for Vaughan, he's considered missing and endangered.

Some people in Fruitland have an even bleaker view.

"It's not pointless, obviously. But you can only do so much for so long," Melissa Lincoln, a childcare provider, said.

Although hope for a positive outcome to this case is dwindling among some, signs are being placed around Vaughan's neighborhood urging people to turn on blue lights, a way to call attention to his missing status.

And keeping Vaughan's profile high will be important.

Authorities are still using dogs to search the streets around Vaughan's home, hoping to pick up his sent. Progress is slow, and stress is building on the family.

"It's gonna suck," Lincoln said. "It's gonna be a long, tiring process, but I hope you get the answers you're wanting."

Fruitland police say they're giving extra attention to the areas where Vaughan was last seen, namely Southwest 9th Street and Arizona Avenue.
Fruitland businesses on search for missing boy: 'It's rough'

Google Maps

Last edited:
How can a 5 year old child disappear from a city street almost a week ago and we hear crickets?
The same way a little girl can disappear from right in front of her home in the center of an apartment complex with other children playing nearby...30 years ago. How many times have you and I been called to a shopping center or mall for a child that, in the blink of an eye, wandered away from their parent? All it takes is something to catch their eye and they are off like a flash, sometimes meeting with misadventure.

At the end of S Arizona Ave, at the last house, the land transitions to farmland. I can see an irrigation/drainage ditch that ends in something orange looking. If it is a drainage pipe, I would hope that LE and SAR ran a robotic camera up there. It is the closest confined space to where he went missing that I can see on Satellite view.

At the end of S Arizona Ave, at the last house, the land transitions to farmland. I can see an irrigation/drainage ditch that ends in something orange looking. If it is a drainage pipe, I would hope that LE and SAR ran a robotic camera up there. It is the closest confined space to where he went missing that I can see on Satellite view.
Also, by giving that corner as a lks, I think a camera picked him up or a witness saw him crossing Arizona to the fields. They drained the ditches as much as possible early on and have spent considerable time searching the Snake River which is a good distance for a little guy to travel that quickly. Otherwise, I think that a ring doorbell would have picked him up going in the other direction and LE would give us that as a lks. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam