Found Deceased CA - Philip Kreycik, 37, Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, 10 Jul 2021 #2

I don't know and sure would like to ask all the shirtless runners I see running in very hot weather.
When I run shirtless in the hot dry climate of the foothills east of sacramento (Folsom, Auburn), it’s because it feels cooler than running with a shirt. My unscientific thinking was because in a dry climate sweat works. It evaporates and cools down my body temperature. It may just be perception, but it feels better.

Search underway for missing man at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park

Philip Kreycik, 37, parked his car near the Moller Ranch staging area about 11 a.m. and told his wife he was going for an hourlong run in the East Bay Regional Park, Pleasanton police said.

Kreycik's wife reported him missing at 2 p.m. Saturday. An avid runner with no known health conditions,

Kreycik is described as White, with a thin build and brown hair and eyes. He is presumed to be wearing running attire.

Kreycik is an avid distance runner with no known health conditions, police said.

Thread #1

A body has been found. Not formally identified yet, but the police believe it's Philip. Found in Ridge, about 250 feet from the trail. Located in a very remote area of the park, near a tree. Area is not designated for recreation.

Last edited:
9:18am PK wife texted PK to see when PK was leaving.
About one hour before arriving at Moller Ranch Staging Area, PK was seen in Oakland dropping off return package. Since PK texted wife at 10:46am something like ETA 12:35, seems like PK at package place around sometime 9:18am to 9:45am. Perhaps, PK dropped off return package AND picked up a package of some sort, as the Oakland package store is not really in route to Pleasanton Moller Ranch Staging parking lot. Oakland is not really in route to Pleasanton and Stockton from Berkeley home- seems Oakland is a little out of way but PK chose to go to Oakland for return package shipment.
At no time have LE closed off any of the multiple trails near Moller Ranch Staging Area parking lot where PK left his car on 7/10/21. Moller Ranch Staging parking lot is perfect place to leave car if one would like car to be easily found and least likely place to get towed, as area is highly residential, safe, and non remote area.

LE have remained silent about PK's car keys. I wonder if PK purposely left car keys in trunk along with cellphone and wallet and some clothing. PK parked his car in easy access to road, businesses, retail shopping center, hotels, dining, and other trails located outside Moller Ranch community. I don't think PK ever went on run on any of the trails (paved cement and dirt) that go into Pleasanton Ridge and where most of searches have been.

There has been no postings of any reward money. Seems like LE may have acted right away to a welfare check car.

I don't think PK was accidentally injured by any fails or heat related issues nor wildlife or foul play.

For LE to put so much time and effort and resources into located PK and for LE to give very little info and not at anytime lead public or community to think wildlife or crime committed or it being unsafe for hikers and runners to access Moller Ranch Staging trails leads me to believe that PK's missing was intentional and I don't see evidence of PK being alive.

Pleasanton police said a volunteer found the body Tuesday afternoon shortly after 2:30 p.m. about 250 yards off of a game trail in a remote area of the park.

Officials said that they were unable to positively identify the body on Tuesday, but offered their condolences to the family in the wake of the discovery. The Alameda County Coroner would be determining a positive identity and determining cause of death, authorities said.
UPDATE: Pleasanton Police Announce Body Found Matching Description of Missing Jogger Philip Kreycik

A body has been found. Not formally identified yet, but the police believe it's Philip. Found in Ridge, about 250 feet from the trail. Located in a very remote area of the park, near a tree. Area is not designated for recreation.

Melissa Colorado @melissacolorado 1m
Breaking: Pleasanton Police say they found a body in their search for #PhilipKreycik.
@ACSOSheriffs Sgt. Ray Kelly: "everything leads us to believe that we did find Philip on the ridge." Kelly says the body was found in an area that was "off the running course." @nbcbayarea

To add:
Remote area
Game trail
Not an area for public recreational use
Body found by civilian searcher
LE states they will more provide details as the investigation continues.
Prayers for all involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back