Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and me both.

I do not want there to be ANY chance of LV or CD to breathe free air and be out and about with the opportunity to harm others again.

I'm almost always anti-death penalty, but if one or both need to end up on death row to keep the two of them away from the public forever, the prosecutors need to do it.

JMO, MOO & IMO

I was always anti-death penalty until I learned of the crimes of Westley Allan Dodd. He had already been convicted (and had been in prison for years awaiting execution) before I knew anything about him or his crimes but he changed my mind. His case is an old one (and I'm kinda/sorta old, lol)... but I don't think he could be reformed. jmo

I was always anti-death penalty until I learned of the crimes of Westley Allan Dodd. He had already been convicted (and had been in prison for years awaiting execution) before I knew anything about him or his crimes but he changed my mind. His case is an old one (and I'm kinda/sorta old, lol)... but I don't think he could be reformed. jmo

I was anti-death penalty until the Carr Brothers went on their rampage, which was relatively close to where I live. That one really affected me and I, too, feel as though they're beyond redemption of any sort.

I think most posters want to see the death penalty in this case because the killing of children is so horrendous, not to mention the deceased adults who were only guilty of being married to the wrong person.

It is likely most of us are against the death penalty, i.e., we couldn't carry it out ourselves. We want to believe people can be rehabilitated.

Chad and Lori? Rehabilitation is impossible when a person has no conscience or remorse.

So it will be interesting to see if the DA decides to ask for the DP. If he doesn't,
I am sure he will hear the sounds of anger from around the world.

As long as those two, and maybe others who colluded with them, are locked away in their cells for life, I will be happy.

I think most posters want to see the death penalty in this case because the killing of children is so horrendous, not to mention the deceased adults who were only guilty of being married to the wrong person.

It is likely most of us are against the death penalty, i.e., we couldn't carry it out ourselves. We want to believe people can be rehabilitated.

Chad and Lori? Rehabilitation is impossible when a person has no conscience or remorse.

So it will be interesting to see if the DA decides to ask for the DP. If he doesn't,
I am sure he will hear the sounds of anger from around the world.

As long as those two, and maybe others who colluded with them, are locked away in their cells for life, I will be happy.
I would be satisfied with hard, hard labor.

I read somewhere that to get a true life conviction in Idaho, the prosecutor must go for death penalty . I might be wrong..moo moo if anyone can explain better..thanks

Something like -- prosecutor asks for death penalty, but at some point Life Without Parole is the sentence?

Guessing, unless you count Criminal Minds, SVU, Dragnet, and enjoying my time here....

jmho ymmv lrr

SleuthD-o-Doubleg said:
snipped...
Do we have a date for her next court proceeding or filings needing to take place?

For Madison County I have her on 8/17/21 for a pretrial conference hearing at 10am & trial is "supposed" to start on 8/30/21. To last 4 days thru 9/3/21.

For Fremont County - last hearing was supposed to be 7/1/21, but that was cancelled. And since I can not access the court site for either of these 2 counties - I don't know IF there is a new date yet for Fremont.

Maybe @montegrl can let us know - she is my "go-to" person for the court site info.

For Madison County I have her on 8/17/21 for a pretrial conference hearing at 10am & trial is "supposed" to start on 8/30/21. To last 4 days thru 9/3/21.

For Fremont County - last hearing was supposed to be 7/1/21, but that was cancelled. And since I can not access the court site for either of these 2 counties - I don't know IF there is a new date yet for Fremont.

Maybe @montegrl can let us know - she is my "go-to" person for the court site info.
I was just going to ask for a reminder of court dates for LD and CD. Thank you for bringing this up.

I read somewhere that to get a true life conviction in Idaho, the prosecutor must go for death penalty . I might be wrong..moo moo if anyone can explain better..thanks

Here Judge Eddins explains that the penalty for first degree murder is death or life imprisonment; and that if the death penalty is not sought, the court will impose life in prison with a minimum incarceration of 10 years. So if the State does not want them eligible for parole in 10 years, they must seek the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie