UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shout on the kindling wood @SpursGyal. Looks like this one to me:

Kinking-Pile-3.jpg

https://www.johnsonsfuels.co.uk/product/kindling-kiln-dried/

Hopefully zoomed in:

EB.jpg

46152065-9851327-Police_are_appealing_for_anyone_with_information_about_the_incid-a-76_1627900938344.jpg

Pictured: Funny and polite' five-year-old boy found dead in river | Daily Mail Online

I am trying to understand---so the stepdad was seen at the River early that morning----and the child was found later on in the River and rushed to the hospital, still alive, but eventually passed.

So did he take a living but injured 5 yr old and dump him into the river before sunrise?

Was the kindling meant to look like they thought he might have been in the river and were using them to prod around.

I am trying to understand---so the stepdad was seen at the River early that morning----and the child was found later on in the River and rushed to the hospital, still alive, but eventually passed.

So did he take a living but injured 5 yr old and dump him into the river before sunrise?
Death was confirmed at the hospital. I’d guess he was long dead before arriving but they try resuscitation anyway when a child is involved on the off chance they can be saved.

I don't think any of this has been confirmed, it seems to be people speculating.

All I've read is a mystery man was allegedly seen by the river and as regards whether Logan was alive or not, I believe we've only heard that he was confirmed dead at the hospital. That doesn't necessarily mean he was alive when they found him, he may have already been deceased and they spent a long time trying to revive him.

I do wonder if the 13yr old lived with them full-time or only occasionally, weekends and holidays etc and if the two boys were sharing a room when something happened. I do wonder if the mystery man spotted at the river earlier is JC and if whatever happened to poor Logan had something to do with the 13yr old.

"Logan was reported missing around 5.45am on Saturday. Neighbours heard his mother desperately shouting, "the back door was open"......................"

I find this quite odd, unless it's been misreported.

Why would she shout 'the back door WAS open' (past tense)
If you're frantically searching for a child at that point would you not shout 'the back door IS open'?

OR perhaps Mum was in disbelief, by saying 'the back door was open' she meant that LW couldn't have possibly opened the door by himself.

JMO
This same quote struck me as odd, but for a different reason, especially as there is an aerial view of the house and river in today’s papers. I assumed the river was behind the house- but it’s actually over some common land in front of the house- so he left by the back door and then went presumably around the side of the house and through the front garden- why would a five year old have that logic- surely if they were off to play in the garden they would still be in said garden, if leaving to the river the obvious route is through the front door. That’s based on it being accidental and he left the house to go explore outside, rather than any suspicious circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member