WA WA - Ruthie Fawn Kindness, 20, Parkland, 7 Feb 2011

Ruthie has a telling court history, which can be viewed here: Washington Courts - Search Case Records

From 2008- November 2010 (3 months before she went missing) she has a hand full of municipal records. What is more telling is that in that timeframe she also has three separate domestic violence court records with some protection orders with two different men. The two more recent ones are with a guy who is 35 years her senior. I really can’t tell from how the records appear who the aggressor was in those cases but I do find this pattern leading up to her disappearance quite troubling.

These cases are in different courts but all within Pierce County so it makes you wonder if the Sheriff's office not wanting to take on her case is because they already knew something.

Interestingly, in 2008 she has a record in Nampa, Idaho. This older guy from the Washington records went to high school in Caldwell.
attachment.php
Hi there - I went to school with Ruthie and it is my understanding the elder gentlemen was a step parent.

I was about to type up a thread for Ruthie as I’ve spent the last couple of months gathering info, but after a few tries I found this has already been established. I’m going to compile everything together and post tomorrow.

I went to school with Ruthie and I was actually only recently made aware of her disappearance within the last two years when I was browsing the missing persons database. I really liked Ruthie. We lived in a small town so everyone knew each other. She was very quiet and quite shy, but very kind. Her home life always seems rocky. She fell asleep a lot in class and we all knew she ventured into substance abuse much sooner than most people our age.

Ruthie was released from police custody in Federal Way, Washington just hours before her disappearance. She had been arrested on an outstanding warrant. Ruthie later called her mother from a payphone at the Paradise Bowling Alley in Parkland, Washington. This is the last time her family has heard from her. Ruthie has never been seen or heard from again.

I reposted some information about her disappearance on Facebook and her case was almost completely unknown in Orting where we went to school. My husband went to school in Fife and graduated the same year. He had never heard of her and wasn't aware of her disappearance. Now that I've posted this on my Facebook, a lot of people who knew her are shocked to hear.

The reason I can't stop thinking about this case is because there's really NO information that has been released from Auburn PD. Her family (I believe an aunt/uncle) did start a Facebook page following her disappearance under the name 'Where's Ruthie' with some very alarming posts. Based on what is publicly posted, the family believes Ruthie is likely no longer alive and that she has friends who know what happened to her. A friend of Ruthie's by the name of Ashley had reportedly notified other people after Ruthie disappeared that she was, in fact, deceased. Once the family heard this, they tried reaching out many times for clarification or information on why she was saying she knew she was dead. In addition to Ashleys comments, the family had heard that Ruthies friend Joslynn had also been talking about details of Ruthies death. These conversation elude to someone named 'JRoc' being integral to the case. The group of friends' conversations (specifically Joslyn) lead the family to believe that something had happened to Ruthie at the home of one of friends mothers, who just so happened to be the ex-girlfriend of 'Jroc'. He is described as being a tall, thin, black male in his 30's who frequented the Tacoma/Parkland area. There's a Facebook comment suggesting Jroc was in prison in 2013 and that he has children.

Some people have mentioned her court/criminal history. One thing I will note is that the older gentlemen who took out two restraining orders (or at least started the process) is apparently a step father. He still resides in my hometown, so I'm looking into this as we speak. The restraining order she took out against 'Josh' is very concerning as she states he attempted to rape her and threatened to kill her. This was two years prior to her disappearance and he was still friends with her on Facebook at that time, which leads me to believe they weren't on terrible terms. I also considered he might be 'Jroc', but Josh is a white male, so he does not fit the description provided.

I was contacted by a family member of Ruthies this afternoon. She had been trying to suggest they run Ruthie's DNA against the Jane Doe listed earlier in this thread who was found in Milton in 2011. She says she has been trying to get information on whether or not it was a match for years and all of her calls and messages have gone unanswered. I was the one to tell her of the exclusion (which is listed on NAMUS). There's a lot of people in my town right now who are hearing of this for the first time and they're pretty pissed about the lack of information and care they feel has been put into the case. This could very well light a fire and initiate some progress.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I’m so sorry for your friend and am glad you joined us here! If you become a verified insider you could share this information with all of us- I’m sure many will try to help however we can!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Reminder:

In an effort to ensure fact based discussion, WS only allows information that can be linked to a MSM or LE source. To share insider knowledge about a case, WS upholds these high standards via our insider verification process. For additional information on that process see the link below:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Additionally, WS does not allow the solicitation of private conversations in the threads.

Thanks for Understanding,
Tiff

Just to get some view on the area she was used to go to, and the travel from Federal way (jail release) and Parkland, WA (last heard of, phone call)

upload_2021-8-7_16-33-6.png

Street view bowling center photographed in May 2012 (2011 not available)
Google Maps

It's been more then 10 years since Ruthie went missing. It's a sad case surrounded by what (for now) we have to consider as rumors and a lack off attention. I don't know what was done in the investigation by LE or maybe nothing was done. It wouldn't surprise me they dropped the ball on this girl. I've read the where's Ruthie Website Where's Ruthie It feels like her loved ones have to travel through a very, very thick fog.

She is listed on here
Have you seen this child? Ruthie Kindness

There are people out there advocating for the murdered and missing Native Americans, who have been neglected for to long. She is listed on this Facebook site

10830974_883035881735327_5838054129311424958_o.jpg

Last edited:
In this official poster from Washington State Patrol missing persons unit it states "Age when missing 24"???!! Missing date February 3??!!, 2011.....Djeezz! On what date was she released from prison exactly? I'm going to look for it. The story isn't adding up if they mix in different dates.

https://www.wsp.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Kindness_Ruthie-1.pdf

She was born on 08/04/1990 an went missing in February 2011 so it's obvious she wasn't 24, but 20 at the time. All other files say she went missing on the 7th. How can we be sure she made the call on the 7th?

BUT, in this announcement Log In or Sign Up to View

there is this.
She was last heard from on the phone around February 7, 2011, calling from a phone in the Paradise Bowling Alley on Pacific.

February 3 2011 was a Thursday
February 7 2011 was a Monday

ADMIN NOTE:

Members with inside information about a case are required to become Verified by Websleuths.

A Mod has posted the link and for some unknown reason everyone seems to be ignoring the Moderator's instruction, with long term members (who should know better) continuing to ask for inside information from another member who does not have VI status.

If a member is posting information without being Verified as to their relationship to the case, all such posts (and all responses) get removed and will be reinstated only after verification is complete and approved.

I was contacted by a family member of Ruthies this afternoon. She had been trying to suggest they run Ruthie's DNA against the Jane Doe listed earlier in this thread who was found in Milton in 2011. She says she has been trying to get information on whether or not it was a match for years and all of her calls and messages have gone unanswered. I was the one to tell her of the exclusion (which is listed on NAMUS). There's a lot of people in my town right now who are hearing of this for the first time and they're pretty pissed about the lack of information and care they feel has been put into the case. This could very well light a fire and initiate some progress.

Maybe a local media outlet would do a story on this, to bring the case into the public eye more.

Maybe a local media outlet would do a story on this, to bring the case into the public eye more.

I agree, but the story out there should be rewritten at first.

It seems there is misinformation in the different missing person's files about her and/or the circumstances. Also inconsistencies about her missing date in different files, for reference see posts above;
- 3th (based on what?, I hope it's the city jail release date, but I can't find that info to put that in as a fact. Missing report made?)
- 7th, the last time she had a phone conversation with a friend, asking to help her and get her, but couldn't.

Not to say that she didn't reach out to her mother (who I believe, wasn't in the picture at all at the time) or other's before or after, we don't know that for a fact. There is no confirmation from those people as far as I know. I tend to believe the friend she called, who also allegedly filed the missing person report.

Just wonder what date was mentioned to the PD when doing it, I would think the 7th or "around" according to other files (very frustrating no knowing the exact date) and why f.i. Washington State Patrol keeps February 3th in the file. I guess because this is the only known "hard" info, based on P-records?

I really hope @Makeitwarm comes back as a verified member, and I also hope Ruthies family member, mentioned by @Wandlore in the above post, shows up here.

Edit to add

Last edited:
Djeez...what a mess. Who provided the confusing information to Meghan from Charley Project? I feel so sorry for Ruthie, not matter what she went through or what she did, to me (and I could be totally wrong) she looks like a gentle soul on the inside.

I really hope @Makeitwarm comes back as a verified member, and I also hope Ruthies family member, mentioned by @Wandlore in the above post, shows up here.

Hi - I did reach out to Ruthie's family and sent the link to this page along with makeitwarm's username thinking it may be someone who runs the page? I'm not sure who makeitwarm is, unfortunately we were not able to connect. I have continued to reach out to the assigned detective with no reply. I also applied to be verified. I'm sorry for causing trouble, I'm new to web sleuths and I didn't know I was breaking a rule!

I haven't be able to watch/see the John Walsh show.... did somebody? and want to reflect? Did they finally set the record straight and showed real hard evidence (see all my questions above) and told the real story.....This case makes me so sad.....She is falling between the cracks...who is advocating for her now. There was a lovely friend who did his best....but couldn't get the word out....

Hi - I did reach out to Ruthie's family and sent the link to this page along with makeitwarm's username thinking it may be someone who runs the page? I'm not sure who makeitwarm is, unfortunately we were not able to connect. I have continued to reach out to the assigned detective with no reply. I also applied to be verified. I'm sorry for causing trouble, I'm new to web sleuths and I didn't know I was breaking a rule!

Are you still applying for becoming a verified person @Wanlore? IIRC and IMO makeitwarm was a friend of Ruthie's, from the past, but still had contact with her, when she was desperate for help. She reached out to him by phone the day she went missing. Allegedly he filed a missing person's file for her. He doesn't run her page, nor family of hers does. It's complicated...can't reflect on that here. IMO I have no reason to think he isn't telling the truth. I saved all the posts on here that were deleted in a file. BTW I agree on the Tos rule about verified insiders. They are here for a good reason. That posts can be restored if @Makeitwarm is becoming a verified insider (per the mods), and I surely hope he does, and can get the word out. Her story should be told in the right way and not be clouded up by inaccurate information......for her sake. If not everybody keeps looking in the wrong place, IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back