UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the date just last known confirmed sighting to date body found?
Yes. The usual format is to give the day before the victim was last seen alive and the day after s/he was found dead. So the actual date is between those dates.
It is the most accurate way of expressing the date of a crime before more details are available.

The police weren't wrong when they called it harrowing.

As the mother to a young son myself I just can't comprehend how she did this.

With regards JC taking the heat for the 13 year old, I'd buy mum covering up for JC but why cover for a child who isn't hers? Not that anything is remotely understandable in cases like this. It's just all unfathomable.

As a survivor of domestic violence, I escaped and relocated so thankfully nothing like this, I did wonder if the mother was coerced/gaslighted, maybe he hurt Logan and then told the mum that he'd say it was her, she was would go to jail, never see the baby, etc and she fearfully went along with it, but I can't come to terms with the dramatics, the shouting about the door being open, all to look like an abduction.
I'm surprised at the 13 year old being charged, surely, faced with the body of a little boy and your violent father telling you what to say, any 13 year old would have been in fear and gone along with it?
In court, the mother was quoted as saying "He's dead, he's dead" I wonder if that quote came from the 13 year olds statement?
I think all children from high school onwards should be taught about coercive control and domestic violence.

Wasn't it reported that LS was playing football in the garden with JC at some stage? Friday/Saturday?
Even with a broken collar bone, it's painful, but you're still pretty mobile depending on the break - I wonder whether this was an isolated attack - all injuries together or over the course of a few days - I'm sure PM will ascertain the timing of injuries.

JMO

Do we know that the reports of LS/JC playing football are from a credible source? Could this be part of the cover-up to obscure the date analysis? A kick around with broken bones sounds unlikely…

Do we know that the reports of LS/JC playing football are from a credible source? Could this be part of the cover-up to obscure the date analysis? A kick around with broken bones sounds unlikely…

From the Guardian...........

Tributes to boy ‘who lit up world’ after arrests over death in Wales

"Friends said Logan had been on family trip to Blackpool this summer and had spent time in isolation because of a Covid scare. However, the day before the tragedy, Logan was seeing kicking a football around on a patch of grass near the river."

Thanks for the Guardian link, tedtink. It's a credible source in that I believe this was said by friends as reported, but it could still all be part of an attempted cover-up, or a mistake as to timing. It doesn't appear to say he was with JC.

Thanks for the Guardian link, tedtink. It's a credible source in that I believe this was said by friends as reported, but it could still all be part of an attempted cover-up, or a mistake as to timing. It doesn't appear to say he was with JC.

This is what the DM says.

"The day before the tragedy, Logan was said to have been seen kicking a football around with his stepfather on the patch of grass that separates their flat from the shallow river where he was found"

Pictured: Funny and polite' five-year-old boy found dead in river | Daily Mail Online.

My original point was to do with - if one of the injuries had been caused the day before, before the fatal injuries - We won't know this unless we find out at a later date. Or whether it was one single attack on LS that caused all the injuries.
For instance, my son suffered a broken collar bone at the age of 7 and due to the location of the break he was able to go to school and carry on with his normal activities, even though he was a little uncomfortable at the time.

Last edited:
I’m inclined to believe the attack happened sometime after Logan and JC were seen playing football. I can’t see Logan comfortably playing football with any of those injuries.
Unless the injuries were as a result
Of the football, but then you would think the neighbours would have heard something at that time if he had been injured. The upstairs flat must be able to give a pretty good timeline surely, even if it’s just banging etc.

I think the three main injuries (head, collar, liver) were done the day of his death. These are likely contributing factors to his death and I expect to see historical injuries either through pm or medical records .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa