UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allowing a man to beat your child to death, not calling an ambulance....would that not constitute manslaughter?

Theres no way this beating happened and she wasnt aware.

MOO

I agree. The Times report of the pathology findings cited a few posts upthread said that he would have been in extreme pain. This would not have happened in silence. Unless she was out cold herself, her failure to call an ambulance may well have contributed to the outcome imo. I'm surprised the CPS didn't go for manslaughter and throw the lesser charge in as a safety net. Maybe they still will.

JMO

I’m in agreement that she’s been under charged. But maybe that’s all the CPS are confident they’ll get a conviction for. The police/CPS may share the same feeling we do, that she should be facing more charges.

PCJ carries up to a life sentence, I would hope in these circumstances it would be a longer sentence. I’m not sure what the sentences are like for alternative possible charges.

I was reading about the kaylee-jayde priest case last night. Mum and boyfriend both guilty of manslaughter. They both tried to blame one another. Jury got the right result thank goodness.
Phone forensics and previous injuries played a part in that case. I'm just trying to think what more evidence the prosecution can gather here if the defendants aren't talking.

I was reading about the kaylee-jayde priest case last night. Mum and boyfriend both guilty of manslaughter. They both tried to blame one another. Jury got the right result thank goodness.
Phone forensics and previous injuries played a part in that case. I'm just trying to think what more evidence the prosecution can gather here if the defendants aren't talking.

I read about that case too. Absolutely horrific how those two treated that poor little girl.
I am sure there is more harrowing detail to be revealed in this case.

I’m in agreement that she’s been under charged. But maybe that’s all the CPS are confident they’ll get a conviction for. The police/CPS may share the same feeling we do, that she should be facing more charges.

PCJ carries up to a life sentence, I would hope in these circumstances it would be a longer sentence. I’m not sure what the sentences are like for alternative possible charges.
All I can think is that maybe she is claiming that her bf was threatening to harm the baby if she didnt play along.

So regards to evidence based on previous cases, there’s:
  • Phone data - phones hold so much information! Not to mention possible gps tracking.
  • Cctv
  • Smart home devices
  • Clothing/shoes
  • Witnesses/neighbours
There could be loads of evidence or just enough.

How could she leave poor Logan to lay suffering in agony with the injuries inflicted upon him. How could anyone not help their own child. Poor Logan would have been so scared, only 5yrs old and in horrific pain. What was she doing when he was suffering, it’s heartbreaking to think he was probably in his bed sobbing with the pain, possibly screaming and pleading for his mummy to help him. Was she off her face on something? How on earth could any mother go along with the plan for her son to be dumped in a river like the trash they fly-tip. Has she no conscience, no heart. I hope Social Services are being asked a load of questions now. Did JC resent Logan because he wasn’t his and they saw him as some kind of inconvenience, it’s absolutely heartbreaking that the mother went along with this. She should have protected him, kept him safe and called an ambulance or taken him straight to hospital. Not only has she sat back and allowed him to suffer without getting help, she went along with the cover up and was part of it. I also think she has been under-charged. She is not fit to be a mother. Poor Logan must have been absolutely petrified, the poor little soul who should have been safe was in the hands of these monsters.

For me, AW is as culpable as JC. She may not have caused the injuries but she did nothing to help Logan. The lack of action from anyone to help him is why he died, we can’t possibly know but if he’d got medical help, maybe he’d have survived. But then AW would have had to give up and/or report her boyfriend.

For me, AW is as culpable as JC. She may not have caused the injuries but she did nothing to help Logan. The lack of action from anyone to help him is why he died, we can’t possibly know but if he’d got medical help, maybe he’d have survived. But then AW would have had to give up and/or report her boyfriend.

Agree.
Surely such a traumatic blow to the head as reported, would have rendered LW unconscious or would have at least knocked him out?
I'm left wondering if the other injuries were inflicted earlier and he cried in so much pain that the head injury was inflicted later to 'shut him up'!

If all the injuries were caused at the same time and if he was knocked out - why put him to bed, then just happen to find him dead later?

It's just so horrific and just incomprehensible.

My opinion only.

Last edited:
Do we know for sure if Social Services were involved with the family? I’m just thinking that his work as a carer would have required an enhanced dbs check and surely if there was a risk of harm it would have been reported.
MOO

Imagine the pain, it's bad enough if you bump your head on a cupboard door, but poor Logan had his scalp detached from his skull, the pain must have been unbearable.
I know that the usual procedure would be to place her younger son with family where possible but in this case, I think it would be best for him to be moved out of the area and hopefully get a chance of living a normal life.
By all accounts, she appeared to have done a good job with Logan, people described him as a well mannered pleasant little boy, How tragic that it ended like this, poor Logan

Social services being involved is rumour.

Grandparents and aunt don’t seem to have done anything wrong, they may be ok to look after the baby. But as it’s JC it may be too much for them.

I’m thinking maybe Logan was pulled around by his head or something similar. Horrendous.

Do we know for sure if Social Services were involved with the family? I’m just thinking that his work as a carer would have required an enhanced dbs check and surely if there was a risk of harm it would have been reported.
MOO

I’d imagine it’s only as good as the day it’s produced/signed off.

also, I’d assume unless he had been previously charged/arrested, it wouldn’t have shown up

Social services being involved is rumour.

Grandparents and aunt don’t seem to have done anything wrong, they may be ok to look after the baby. But as it’s JC it may be too much for them.

I’m thinking maybe Logan was pulled around by his head or something similar. Horrendous.
It's not that the grandparents have done anything wrong, but the baby will always be associated with those 2 so maybe a fresh start in another part of the country would offer the best outcome for the baby.

It's not that the grandparents have done anything wrong, but the baby will always be associated with those 2 so maybe a fresh start in another part of the country would offer the best outcome for the baby.

Jeez, I know there are some pretty narrow minded people out there (don't mean you) but to consciously reject a child based on what his Father has allegedly done is callous IMO.
But you're right if people have that mind set, and have no compassion or empathy for the child, then it's best he is moved from the area.
Such a trail of destruction left behind.
JMO

Knowing several people who have grown up in foster care or been adopted, it has its own set of trauma. It was me that raised the point about the grandparents and it being too much, I was more speaking of their emotional capacity to meet the baby’s needs in light of all the circumstances, not that they’d reject him or anything like that. Family can’t always put aside their own emotions for the sake of the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288