Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM, being an inexperienced criminal defense lawyer from 300 miles away and 4-1/2 hours from Rexburg, is nothing more than a hired distraction. Often times, lawyers hired by high profile cults are put in place just to tie up and/or stymie the legal system. That's all he's done so far with his ongoing trivial, frivilous and time wasting antics both in and out of court. He's brought no value to the case or to his client. I wouldn't doubt that he's part of this cult, or some similar and like-minded cult so for other than distraction purposes, there's no reason for this guy to be involved with this case.

Thankfully, DP is finally on the table for CD and will probably be for LV once MM's "incompetency" bull crap is over. Then they can finally get rid of that clown, get a qualified lawyer and move forward with justice. JMO.

nosurprise said:
snipped...
I don't see the charges in the death penalty announcement for the fraud of insurance?

All counts are under the same case # - the 2 counts of fraud are counts 8 & 9 - so I'm going to "assume" that yes, death penalty included on ALL counts.

Unless someone can tell me & you different! :)

I think there’s probably a lot of physical evidence on that duct tape on JJ, Tylee’s remains, their gravesites and Tammy that the case against him is going to be such a slam dunk he’ll do anything to save himself. I truly think if he didn’t have children he would have done it by now, but admitting to your children you had a role in their mother’s and 2 children’s death? Mr Light and Righteous himself?

I still think he’ll do it, he’s not ready to face the version of afterlife he knows he deserves, and confessing is supposed to be good for the soul after all
I agree with you but on the other hand, he may not fear death as he likely thinks he will return in some form maybe as James the Just? I mean, in his mind murder is ok to achieve your desires right?

MM, being an inexperienced criminal defense lawyer from 300 miles away and 4-1/2 hours from Rexburg, is nothing more than a hired distraction. Often times, lawyers hired by high profile cults are put in place just to tie up and/or stymie the legal system. That's all he's done so far with his ongoing trivial, frivilous and time wasting antics both in and out of court. He's brought no value to the case or to his client. I wouldn't doubt that he's part of this cult, or some similar and like-minded cult so for other than distraction purposes, there's no reason for this guy to be involved with this case.

Thankfully, DP is finally on the table for CD and will probably be for LV once MM's "incompetency" bull crap is over. Then they can finally get rid of that clown, get a qualified lawyer and move forward with justice. JMO.
He has been able to get her trial stayed for at least the 90 days and in turn is being paid big bucks. That’s pretty savvy.

He has been able to get her trial stayed for at least the 90 days and in turn is being paid big bucks. That’s pretty savvy.

I would venture to say that he isn't the savvy one that came up with this idea. He probably just did what his client told him to do. And I also doubt that he is being paid big bucks or any bucks at all at this point. Jmo

I would venture to say that he isn't the savvy one that came up with this idea. He probably just did what his client told him to do. And I also doubt that he is being paid big bucks or any bucks at all at this point. Jmo
Yes he is being paid, likely by the State. He isn’t working for free. And I’m sorry to disagree but Lori isn’t smart at all. She is a serial killer who got away with it for awhile. She had help from her family, cult members and Chad. Her goose is cooked. She will never go free. MM will remain until theDA seeks the DP for her. So MM is pretty savvy to use the system for his gain, though it pains me to say it.

Isn't he court appointed? Court appointed lawyers do not make big bucks.
I believe he was at first hired by Lori and Chad to represent both. Then Chad hired John Prior. I believe, iirc, MM recently filed to be paid by the State and asked for an increase in hourly pay. Was it granted? Likely.

I am sure if the DA asks for the DP, then he will be replaced or may ask to stay on and assist the DP qualified attorney. MM comes across as a bumbling fool but I believe there is some method to his madness as it appears to be working FOR HIM thus far.

We don't know. He was never stated to be a public defender in the murder or concealment cases. If I remember correctly, it was under the concealment charges that she was deemed indigent, but those have now been dropped. So at this point, we just don't know if he is working off a previous retainer fee, doing it pro Bono for the fame (infamy) or being pai# by the state as a public defender, but regardless, I can't imagine where he would be receiving "big bucks" from. Chad had to sign his house over to Prior. Lori has no property to turn over to her lawyer, and we know she didn't get the million she expected when Charles was murdered. Sooooo, who is paying MM?

I agree that court appointed lawyers don’t make big bucks.

She was declared indigent…but look what MM said…so is he doing this for free and she is just having the state pu investigative and expert fees? The way this is written is confusing….

Judge declares Lori Vallow Daybell indigent - East Idaho News

The single-sentence order came down from District Judge Steven Boyce on Friday. Idaho law allows a judge to declare someone as indigent, meaning she has limited ability to pay for legal services such as a defense attorney or investigative or expert fees. A judge can determine this based on monthly income, whether a person is on public assistance or if they are serving a sentence in a correctional or mental facility.

In Idaho’s court system people are sometimes declared indigent when seeking a public defender, but this does not seem to be in the case for Daybell.

Mark Means, her attorney, confirmed with EastIdahoNews.com that he will continue to represent Daybell.

We don't know. He was never stated to be a public defender in the murder or concealment cases. If I remember correctly, it was under the concealment charges that she was deemed indigent, but those have now been dropped. So at this point, we just don't know if he is working off a previous retainer fee, doing it pro Bono for the fame (infamy) or being pai# by the state as a public defender, but regardless, I can't imagine where he would be receiving "big bucks" from. Chad had to sign his house over to Prior. Lori has no property to turn over to her lawyer, and we know she didn't get the million she expected when Charles was murdered. Sooooo, who is paying MM?
I know public defenders can apply to be paid far more than maybe a low level public defender in a small case. And there was some discussion here that he did apply for higher pay. He isn’t getting that from Loti. And temporary fame isn’t paying his mortgage. It’s a misnomer that public defenders aren’t paid well.
I remember in the case of Jodi Arias, Arizona, her public defenders wanted off the case because of her abuse. They were reportedly making more than the DA at the time. The lead attorney asked for even more pay and got it.
I’m sure it is State by State. MM isn’t doing this pro Bono. There are highly qualified, already wealthy attorneys who takes cases pro Bono because of a high profile case. For them it’s all about spotlight.

I agree that court appointed lawyers don’t make big bucks.

She was declared indigent…but look what MM said…so is he doing this for free and she is just having the state pu investigative and expert fees? The way this is written is confusing….

Judge declares Lori Vallow Daybell indigent - East Idaho News

The single-sentence order came down from District Judge Steven Boyce on Friday. Idaho law allows a judge to declare someone as indigent, meaning she has limited ability to pay for legal services such as a defense attorney or investigative or expert fees. A judge can determine this based on monthly income, whether a person is on public assistance or if they are serving a sentence in a correctional or mental facility.

In Idaho’s court system people are sometimes declared indigent when seeking a public defender, but this does not seem to be in the case for Daybell.

Mark Means, her attorney, confirmed with EastIdahoNews.com that he will continue to represent Daybell.
And he asked for the Stste to pay his fees.

MOO I think CB's ego is too large for him to take a plea, but I think LV is so vein she and like all psychopaths' the thought of her own demise will compel her to take a plea.
Do you really think fear of the DP will cause either of them to flip or take a plea? The one that does is the one that never believed their own bs. Because they said they believed they were immortal. Laurie said she was a goddess. She is vein but I hope her attorney convinced her that her body and “all this” as she called it, isn’t worth a penny.

Right. But was it ever approved? And was it approved for her murder charges? I assume not because she hasn't even been arraigned on those charges and the concealment charges have been dropped.
I believe it had to be for him to continue. And I can see him asking to stay on and assist the DP attorney when the DA asks for death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson