GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but doing it in the public park effectively opens the pool of potential suspects to be basically infinite, which makes the case so much harder to solve. The killer might have been banking on that.

There were security cameras all over the place, unless the killer knew that those SPECIFIC cameras weren't working that night, I don't think this is likely IMO.

Regarding the potential witness with the cane…. The person is seen walking out of the park on flat ground with what appears to be a normal gait, at least in the short clip. Could be the person has a weakness or some balance/mobility issues and does ok on flat surfaces but uses a cane when on uneven ground….and inside the park is really hilly in places.

Two things:

1) I'd like to go through all articles and put together a timeline, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has done it first? Because there's a few things that don't seem right.

2) Take a look at this photo. The roses mark the spot where Katie's body was found. Bowie was apparently found in the road, right by the entrance, which you can see in the back. According to the video stills the police released, at least 5 people walked within feet of her dead body (and the body of her dog) before she was found and nobody saw anything?? Yet when her wife arrived on the scene, she could see Katie's body from where Bowie was? Something seems off here.

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 130
Two things:

1) I'd like to go through all articles and put together a timeline, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has done it first? Because there's a few things that don't seem right.

2) Take a look at this photo. The roses mark the spot where Katie's body was found. Bowie was apparently found in the road, right by the entrance, which you can see in the back. According to the video stills the police released, at least 5 people walked within feet of her dead body (and the body of her dog) before she was found and nobody saw anything?? Yet when her wife arrived on the scene, she could see Katie's body from where Bowie was? Something seems off here.
This photo appears to be north of the restroom looking south toward the entrance on 10th and Charles Allen. It does not correlate with the gf's description of where they were found, because she said the dog was about 50 feet inside the gate, which should have been between the gate and the restroom. Then KJ's body was around 100 feet farther to the right. Hmmm. If we are sure about the flower placement being the body site, does that mean there gf's distance estimations were incorrect? Or were these flowers just randomly placed?

Two things:

I created the semblance of a time line in an earlier post based on time stamps and what the APD supposedly the media. The gap is in the period between when Katie left Henry's and when she appeared at the rainbow crosswalk. The reason for this gap is that A) The times Emma states are very approx. B) Katie simply sat at Henry's/it patio for awhile after, having a smoke? etc. C) Time for rainbow crosswalk is off. D) Katie stopped and did something else. (personally I feel A and B are more likely).

As for point 2 where the bodies were found is unknown by the public. There are reports that vary from next to each other to 100 yards in, far apart, 1000 ft from entrance etc. This may be leading to part of the confusion as to witnesses and Emma's statement.
(My above presumptions are based on time stamps being correct and Emma being truthful) ALL IMHO

Y’all have seen the video of the runner when he is running out of the park by the gate. The very instant the video starts it looks like we can see the road back as far as 50 feet doesn’t it? That’s where I understood Bowie was found. 50 yards from the gate in the road.
Give me a minute and I will edit and add the video clip.
it is at the 1:27-1:33 mark.

I created the semblance of a time line in an earlier post based on time stamps and what the APD supposedly the media.

Any idea which post? Can you link it here? So far I've gone through the AJC's articles, and they don't have any information about times, so it must be the TV media where we get info about timestamps on the video, the time of the 911 call, etc.

I created the semblance of a time line in an earlier post based on time stamps and what the APD supposedly the media. The gap is in the period between when Katie left Henry's and when she appeared at the rainbow crosswalk. The reason for this gap is that A) The times Emma states are very approx. B) Katie simply sat at Henry's/it patio for awhile after, having a smoke? etc. C) Time for rainbow crosswalk is off. D) Katie stopped and did something else. (personally I feel A and B are more likely)."

In an earlier AJC article: "Late Tuesday, Janness had stopped by Henry’s Midtown Tavern, where Clark was working. After Janness and Bowie walked, they planned to return to meet Clark and walk home together. But when Clark was ready to head home, Janness didn’t answer her phone. And she wasn’t at home.” IIRC, originally it was said that they stopped by Henry's about 11:30, and I believe I read somewhere that Emma was due to work until midnight. So would it make sense for Katie & Bowie to be heading into the park at 12:09? I'll have to see if I can find the comment about what time Emma was working until.

Y’all have seen the video of the runner when he is running out of the park by the gate. The very instant the video starts it looks like we can see the road back as far as 50 feet doesn’t it? That’s where I understood Bowie was found. 50 yards from the gate in the road.
Give me a minute and I will edit and add the video clip.
it is at the 1:27-1:33 mark.
Yes, although we can't see the entire road, imo. But also, how well lit it was, plus his headlamp...

Jmo, but I think either this jogger saw something and is afraid to come forward, or the crime happened after 12:46am.

Yes, although we can't see the entire road, imo. But also, how well lit it was, plus his headlamp...

Jmo, but I think either this jogger saw it and is afraid to come forward, or the crime happened after 12:46am.
This has me puzzled because if that camera can see 50 feet back from the gate investigators should at least know how Bowie got there. I would guess the crime would be occurring around the time the jogger ran by or a little bit before he went by but then we would see the dog on the video I think.

Could the perpetrator have been a woman? Especially one who was an acquaintance? Who the victim would have let her get close enough for a chat, with dog close. And the perpetrator would have quickly eliminated the dog, while pretending to pet him, then killed Katherine?

Hopefully, LEO has enough DNA from the perpetrator to know this information. Which could be a larger issue if the perpetrator is transgender, biologically "male", but identifies as "female".

I hate it because I would just hate to see that. LGBTQ Atlanta are victims here. And also, I don’t think it is as likely as this is a cis male. But I can kind of see a storyline where someone like that could make sense in ways. Makes me think of a famous fictional book.

This has me puzzled because if that camera can see 50 feet back from the gate investigators should at least know how Bowie got there. I would guess the crime would be occurring around the time the jogger ran by or a little bit before he went by but then we would see the dog on the video I think.
If the dog came into view because it was crawling away injured or something, LE might not get much info from that. But if it all happened just outside of the camera's view, what a lucky s.o.b. the killer was.

It would be completely understanding if they blurred the dog out at the video.
Here again, though, that runner was there for 41 seconds. If Bowie was lying there, the jogger would have seen him almost right away. Would he approach? Would he report a dead or injured dog? Did he see KJ? It's so stange...

Would investigators alter the time on a photo released? Is that a possibility?
reason it doesn’t seem likely to me but I am curious.

first, I wouldn’t put it past them. y’all the social/political/economic situation here is fierce. As my grandma would have said, Atlanta has had a time.

But, I can’t think of a reason why they would in this case.

Could one wear a headlamp to obscure their face from cameras? I know there are completely innocent reasons to wear a lamp and many runners do.
It occurred to me that if the killer had a bright light and someone came up he was at the crime scene he could shine it on them and say get away police or something like that.

I hate it because I would just hate to see that. LGBTQ Atlanta are victims here. And also, I don’t think it is as likely as this is a cis male. But I can kind of see a storyline where someone like that could make sense in ways. Makes me think of a famous fictional book.

Katherine is the victim in this case. I am just looking at the issues from DNA collection. DNA can't be changed. That means if the perpetrator's DNA is "male", if any of the perpetrator's DNA is recovered, that LEO may be looking at males for the perpetrator, which may be problematic if the perpetrator is transgender, and identifying as "female".

Clarity. If my post was offensive. Sorry. It was meant as theory into the crime, and issues with finding the perpetrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member