AR AR - James Valdez, 47, car found with message asking for help, Booneville, 10 Jun 2021

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
BOONEVILLE, Ark. — A Logan County man has been missing for nearly two months and his family is searching for answers after an unusual message was written on the back window of his abandoned vehicle.

47-year-old James Valdez was last seen on June 10 driving off after having an argument with family at a home in Booneville.

After 10 days, his vehicle was found in Sugar Grove with the words "help me, he is near" written on the back window. Along with the vehicle's keys missing, the driver's seat was also adjusted and pulled forward.

More at Family still searching for missing Logan County man. | 5newsonline.com

The vehicle was located four days later ten miles southeast of Booneville and reported by a concerned citizen, who said there was a cryptic message etched into the dirt on the back glass of the vehicle.

https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/po...missing-from-rural-logan-county-since-june-17

223905830_4741706682509304_9159795095330122316_n.jpg

Family still searching for missing Logan County man. | 5newsonline.com

James Valdez, 47, was last seen on June 10 driving off after having an argument with family at a home in Booneville.

After 10 days, his vehicle was found in Sugar Grove with the words "help me, he is near" written on the back window.
>Keys were missing
>Driver’s seat was adjusted/pulled up
>Part of engine was damaged

His sister compared the handwriting on the back of the window to his writing on a letter; she believes the handwriting doesn’t match.

Booneville officers and cadaver dogs have searched the area where they found Valdez's vehicle. LE are still actively looking.

Booneville to Sugar Grove
10 miles apart

https://goo.gl/maps/YaqeerABBLgtEnj89

https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/po...missing-from-rural-logan-county-since-june-17

This article’s information differs from the other links (date last seen, timeline,...)
-searching for a missing man since June 20 after his wife reporting him missing
-has not been heard from since June17
-vehicle was located four days later

It also states:
Valdez is diabetic and when he left home after the argument with his wife he failed to take his medications with him.

Are there only two sources/reports about James? The one from todayinfortsmith and today's from 5newssonline? That first local article was written July 1st; I am wondering why no other news reports between July and now?

*edit* (sorry about all the edits lmao) it looks like he has a Missing FB Page (private) that has been active since mid-July, so I'm wondering if the first article was written based on info posted directly by the family online (i.e. not an organized page) and that's why the information is inconsistent with what's being shared now.

As @mlhenn has pointed out, the dates are all over the place for when last seen and car found.

Resident Press

And I found the above for him, and this one says “James told family that he was going to Ozark area but he never made it there”.

Sad how the basic facts are not reported in agreement from article to article.

As for the creepy writing on the car window, I wonder if it was just pranksters who wrote that, who just happened to come upon the abandoned car. You know, kinda like how people write “Wash Me” in the dusty window.

My first thought was pranksters, though I don’t know how valuable a handwriting comparison would be in eliminating him as the writer - finger on glass is very different from pen in hand IMO.

Was the car that dirty when he left? Doesn’t that amount of dirt take a while to build up?

Is it possible to become delirious from low sugar? I think so, but not 100% sure.
Yes, definitely possible to get confusion/delirium (and eventually a loss of consciousness) with low sugar (hypoglycemia). Not as common with type 2 diabetics (which I'm just assuming he is based on age n weight but who knows) with consistent diets but if he ended up in a situation where he couldn't get food he could definitely become hypo. (another way Type 2 diabetics become hypo is when they take too much insulin without subsequent glucose intake, I'd be interested in learning more about his health and when he left i.e. did he take his insulin before a meal and then storm off before he could eat?)

Last edited:
Are there only two sources/reports about James? The one from todayinfortsmith and today's from 5newssonline? That first local article was written July 1st; I am wondering why no other news reports between July and now?

*edit* (sorry about all the edits lmao) it looks like he has a Missing FB Page (private) that has been active since mid-July, so I'm wondering if the first article was written based on info posted directly by the family online (i.e. not an organized page) and that's why the information is inconsistent with what's being shared now.

Sadly, it seems to be the norm here in AR when it comes to the “lack of” news coverage concerning missing persons. :( It can become quite frustrating IMO.

I checked the state’s MP database; I found James’s profile there so that’s a plus!

It appears his “missing” date is June 10, 2021

Details
Search Results - Never Forgotten | Arkansas Takes Action

upload_2021-8-9_22-40-44.jpeg

James Valdez
Current Age: 47

Race: White

Height: 5' 9"

Weight: 220 lbs

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Information
Date Missing: 6/10/2021

City of Report: Booneville

Case Number: 21-00261

Sadly, it seems to be the norm here in AR when it comes to the “lack of” news coverage concerning missing persons. :( It can become quite frustrating IMO.

I checked the state’s MP database; I found James’s profile there so that’s a plus!

It appears his “missing” date is June 10, 2021

Details
Search Results - Never Forgotten | Arkansas Takes Action

View attachment 308234

James Valdez
Current Age: 47

Race: White

Height: 5' 9"

Weight: 220 lbs

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Information
Date Missing: 6/10/2021

City of Report: Booneville

Case Number: 21-00261
He's 5'9" so if the seat is pulled forward it must have been by someone shorter that that. Maybe a woman?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back